Worst Match I've EVER watched in TNA

Status
Not open for further replies.
E

ExtremeRage81

Worst match I've ever seen in TNA. The blindfold match between Wildcat Chris Harris and Cowboy James Storm. How is it that the worst match I've ever seen from TNA has the same guys that were in the best match I've seen from TNA? What were they thinking with this match? Seriously, did they honestly think that this was a good idea? We want to see WRESTLING, not two guys in the ring with a cage doing some Marco Polo bullsh!t!!!!! Did they honestly think that this was a smart idea?

When you have fans chanting "We want Wrestling" and Boring twice, that's not a good sign. TNA needs to fix this because right now, the fans aren't happy with this. And if this is what we can expect with the rivalry between James Storm and Chris Harris, then they have a lot of work to do.

Personally I find Blindfold matches to be stupid for the most part regardless of the situation. It works if only the Heel is uncovered because it is something that is Heelish in nature, but what is the point in having a Cage match with black bags over their heads, it would be bloody hard for the people to know if they get busted open(hardway in this case). TNA it seems is actually trying to compete with WWE in having inane matches.

They can be funny to watch with the right people, but you don't need a gimmick match inside of a gimmick match. The cage itself is enough to entertain, you don't need anything else added to it. This is why I don't like the concept of the Lockdown ppv. If you're going to have everymatch in a cage, fine, but don't have blindfolds or electricity, let the cage sell the match.

Actually I don't mind if the further gimmickify the steel cage to be even more dangerous than before. So electrification is fine for a cage match to be added to.

I personally dont like the idea of the every match on the PPV taking place inside of a Steel Cage. I think it takes the spicalness away from the Cage match to have an overkill of them.

I have the feeling that if the WWE tried something like that the TNA fans would go crazy saying how stupid it was... of course thats just my opinon.

But the Harris and Storm match was just weird, I have been waiting a while for these two guys to get it on so I was very disappointed that this was the first match in what I am hoping is a fantastic feud.

Personally I find Blindfold matches to be stupid for the most part regardless of the situation. It works if only the Heel is uncovered because it is something that is Heelish in nature, but what is the point in having a Cage match with black bags over their heads, it would be bloody hard for the people to know if they get busted open(hardway in this case). TNA it seems is actually trying to compete with WWE in having inane matches.

i was so pissed when joey mercury was released i reall y thinked he could of become an great champion in the future

^What are you on about, I know Joey Matthews (We should use his other name now since he can't use Mercury any more) got busted open Hardway but so did Shawn Michaels on RAW, but that is off topic. Ive stated my opinion on what the pointlessness of having a Blindfold steel cage match is. As to wotdoiput, the point of having this PPV is because you will probably hardly ever see a six sides of steel match in TNA unless it is either at Lockdown or in the build up for Lockdown. Then again it is a way to brand identify certain PPVs. WWE does this with the Big Four, Wrestlemania being the biggest event, Survivor Series being about Tag Team wrestling, the Royal Rumble being focused on the Royal Rumble and Summerslam being the second biggest one of them all. But you are partially right in what you said, if WWE tried to do this sort of thing now they would get(to borrow a line from the Rock) their Candy asses handed to them.

Yeah they should make sure the blind folds stay on next time.

I was at the PPV, and the blindfold match was pretty bad. I don't know how the electric cage came off on tv, but it was pretty awful live. It made an otherwise good match really cheesy. I want anyone watching on tv to know that the fans weren't booing the wrestlers, they were booing the gimmicks. Even when wildcat and cowboy left, they got ovations. 3D and LAX really got ovations.

I personally dont like the idea of the every match on the PPV taking place inside of a Steel Cage. I think it takes the spicalness away from the Cage match to have an overkill of them.

I have the feeling that if the WWE tried something like that the TNA fans would go crazy saying how stupid it was... of course thats just my opinon.

But the Harris and Storm match was just weird, I have been waiting a while for these two guys to get it on so I was very disappointed that this was the first match in what I am hoping is a fantastic feud.

Stayed pretty fresh to me. Awesome PPV! and I almost never mark out.

well i do gotta say that the blindfold match was boring and the "electrified" cage match sucked...i mean the match was good but the "electicity" was weak...awesome ppv as usual...x-cape match was siiiiiiick BLACK MACHISMO!!!!!

Yeah this match was just a piece of crap, and the fans clearly showed their dislike for it. I never thought I'd heard so many boos from TNA fans in my life until we got to the electric cage match. So many chants of "This is fake" "This is stupid" and finally after we got to see the horrible attempt at electricuting one of the guys, my favorite chant ever, "Fire Russo". lmao, when I heard them chanting that I couldn't stop laughing, that was great, TNA fans are so knowledgeable.

Yeah, I don't know what the hell they were thinking with this blindfold match, they might as well of had a sleeper contest.

I thought the PPV overall was very good. I agree completely that the blindfold match was worthless. I actually was embarrassed for James Storm and Chris Harris that they had to continue with the gimmick.
Also, the electrified cage match didn't come off as bad on TV as it obviously did in person. It was corny, but the match itself was very good.

As if things aren't bad enough over in the UK Bravo [the channel which now broadcasts TNA formerly TWC] are making a total shambles of it, we are now a week late with impacts.

Blindfold matches are never good. Also, I was catching the results from Wrestlezone as they were coming in and Tenay was trying to sell that there was "different currents of electricity" going through the cage and also that you can hearing a "humming" noise. Haahahaaaa

yeah the cage was much too fake, but they claim that russo has nothing to do w most of the crap tna gives us, but whatever. i wanted to take a pee break during the blindfold match and let the urine flow into the mouth of whoever came up with that match...

oh and mike tenay too. he overhypes everything. if someone got a paper cut during a contract signing, hed scream that he could get HIV, then go on to list all the wrestlers with HIV, and talk about how brutal it is and how thats the sacrifice all these wrestlers have to make everytime they step out into that ring. and don west would of course shout "you've got to be kidding!"

:laugh:
Blindfold matches are never good. Also, I was catching the results from Wrestlezone as they were coming in and Tenay was trying to sell that there was "different currents of electricity" going through the cage and also that you can hearing a "humming" noise. Haahahaaaa

:laugh: Stupid Tenay. I never really understood the concept of a "blindfold match" it's got to be one of the worst matches ever invented. overall the PPV was pretty good i give it a ... 8/10

They NEED to introduce a jumping cage, I've been saying this for years, that or somekind of cage that causes the wrestlers themselves to jump.

Yeah, I thought I was a mark, but what the hell is a jumping cage?

The best- and really the only good- concept match TNA has ever come up with is the Ultimate X match. They haven't had one of those in ages! To be honest, anything in which the wrestlers are restrained somehow (be it by blindfold or if they're tied together or put on a 1" wide platform, etc. etc.) is a bad idea. Wrestlers, especially those as talented as the majority of the TNA superstars should be allowed to perform to their full ability. Quite frankly, I think it's ridiculous the X Division isn't centre stage but, yea, making it really shit instead is just as good.

haha agreed. at least the x division is growing and aj and daniels are beginning to take center stage again.

The best- and really the only good- concept match TNA has ever come up with is the Ultimate X match. They haven't had one of those in ages! To be honest, anything in which the wrestlers are restrained somehow (be it by blindfold or if they're tied together or put on a 1" wide platform, etc. etc.) is a bad idea. Wrestlers, especially those as talented as the majority of the TNA superstars should be allowed to perform to their full ability. Quite frankly, I think it's ridiculous the X Division isn't centre stage but, yea, making it really shit instead is just as good.

Well, stuff like chain matches aren't bad. At least you can expect some kind of brutality with that. Blindfold matches are just plain dumb. Worst part about the electric cage was that was a crap substitute for the true six sides of steel. It was like "What is up with this? The grating steel is replacec with fricking cables?" You also don't hear the sound of somebody hitting the steel. I love a ppv with all cage matches. Just as long as the cage is used.

first i dont think tna should have ever broken these 2 guys up, tna could definently have a better tag team division than wwe, and to have that they need teams with longivity(even though they were together forever...but they needed to stay a team IMO)
second, the only other blindfold match i can recall seeing was jake the snake vs rick the model and that one worked cuz the model had blinded jake with his perfume(yes i said perfume, cuz the model only wore pink or purple trunks to the ring) so they evened the odd with the blindfold... actually i'm guessing this is were tna got the idea. also it worked cuz i was like 6-7 years old and watching it again now i could see the little eye patches where they could see from.
but this match was HORRIBLE!! i dont think tna will ever win wwe WRESTLING fans over with these matches.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back