AMW or Beer Money?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fishburger

Dark Match Winner
Simple thread, who do you prefer; America's Most Wanted or Beer Money Inc.

America's Most Wanted (Consisting of "Tennesse Cowboy" James Storm & "The Wildcat" Chris Harris) are one of the factors for putting the TNA Tag Team Division on the map and were one of the very first Tag Teams in TNA and had many feuds with the Tag Teams at the time including Team Canada, Triple X and Team 3D

Harris & Storm were rivals on the Independent circuit so knew each other well before being called up to team together in TNA so already had some chemistry together which showed through and had a lengthy 4 year run from 2002-2006 capturing the NWA World Championship 6 times respectively, before Storm turned on Harris to become one of the top heels in the company at that time before eventually teaming up with Robert Roode to form Beer Money Inc. In 2008

Now in the short space of time since they have been a team they had an excellent run as a heel tag team including the Off The Wagon challenge where they would put their Tag Team belts on the line to any two wrestlers who wanted a shot but the person who would be pinned or submit would have to leave TNA for good. This was a good way for management to release talent and gave Beer Money more steam and credibility as a Tag Team. Beer Money have a huge following of fans and have captured the TNA World Tag Team Championship 3 times and more recently have had face turn to become part of the "TNA Originals" to take on "The World Elite"

Who do you feel is the better team? I personally prefer Beer Money simply because I find them much more entertaining and feel that Storm has more of a connection with Roode than he did with Harris and with their huge following of fans there is no stopping them at the moment to go onto bigger heights.

Beer Money is by far better in my eyes. I love this team. Roode and Storm are so different, but they mesh so well. Their teamwork is amazing. I love the promos too. They may not have as much success at AMW, but they are still a young team. I do not mean age wise, I mean the time they have been together. The off the wagon challenge was great. I loved the storyline with 3D with the tag tourney and the respect they have for each other. I like them as faces, because they lean more toward the tweener side of things. When I saw AMW break up, I was hoping Storm would have ended up working his way up the ranks to ME status, but for now I am loving Beer Money

its obvious that Beer Money is much better, AMW was just some stupid ass team that started with the company. and one thing that is obvious for sure is that Robert Roode is far greater than Chris Harris.

its obvious that Beer Money is much better, AMW was just some stupid ass team that started with the company. and one thing that is obvious for sure is that Robert Roode is far greater than Chris Harris.

Whoa buddy.......2 "great wrestlers" does not a great tag team make. So get that out of your head straight away.

As for who is the better tag team, I've got to agree with the OP on this one. Beer Money is definately better than AMW. They work better together as a tag team and are being pushed right, IMO. The way TNA had them feuding with Team 3D only for both teams to wind up respecting each other has turned Beer Money into tweeners, and I'd actually go as far as to say that they lean more towards the face side. Great team, great booking.......is anybody else growing on TNA like I am???

Reactions: TLC
dude i have to disagree with that staement. just look at the 2 man power trip great tag team and great single stars, jericho and benoit great tag team and individual stars. the hardys same thing there

Would you call Marty Jannetty a great singles star? What about either of the Dudleys? Hell, I wouldn't even call Matt Hardy a singles star. Most tag teams begin with midcard guys who work well together, then, more times than not, one of the two moves on to become a singles star while the other fades into oblivion.

It's simple to me. James Storm is a common factor, Robert Roode>Chris Harris, so Beer Money>AMW. Was never really huge on AMW to start with. I found the feud after the break up to be way more entertaining than any feud they had while as a tag team. Beer Money has a Hollywood Blondes feel to them. Wasn't really meant to be anything but filler, but the performers made it something special. Beer Money is becoming one of the best tag teams at the moment, while AMW is a distant, fading memory.

I will take America's Most Wanted over Beer Money. I just think that Harris and Storm was better and they were one of the top heels in TNA at that time aligning with Jeff Jarrett. They put on great feuds with LAX and XXX and all I've seen from Roode and Storm is a average feud with Team 3D. Sure the Storm/Harris breakup was good but that could be in part because they were so damn great together.

Would you call Marty Jannetty a great singles star? What about either of the Dudleys? Hell, I wouldn't even call Matt Hardy a singles star. Most tag teams begin with midcard guys who work well together, then, more times than not, one of the two moves on to become a singles star while the other fades into oblivion.

matt hardy is a great singles star, former ecw champion. united states champion 3 time cruiserweight champ. the long reigning american born european champion. id say hes a pretty good singles star just waiting for his chance to truely shine which will now happen that jeff is gone. the dudleys havent been seperated and given a chance to excell. bubba could easily be tna world champion and dvon be x division or legends champ if given the chance

I would have to go with Beer Money on this one. AMW were great to start out the company, with great feuds with Triple X. I loved the six sides of steel matches they had. I just like the team of Roode and Storm better. Beer Money were huge heels and still got as cheered as much if not more then Team 3D when they were feuding with them. I think Beer Money along with Moter City Machine Guns are the best tag teams today. I will always remember how great AMW was at the beginning, but Beer Money today is clearly the team of the future.

matt hardy is a great singles star, former ecw champion. united states champion 3 time cruiserweight champ. the long reigning american born european champion. id say hes a pretty good singles star just waiting for his chance to truely shine which will now happen that jeff is gone. the dudleys havent been seperated and given a chance to excell. bubba could easily be tna world champion and dvon be x division or legends champ if given the chance

Bubba a world champion...*falls off chair* you must be kidding. As a tag team wrestler he is great, fun to watch and cuts an ok promo (OK at best) but as a singles wrestler he was a complete failure. Anyone remember the Hardcore champ Bubba dudley? He was terrible and looked like a fool.

Just My Opinion

On topic I think Beer money gets the win here, I just like their chemistry way better. Although Beer Money have had some time of quality TV to convince me now whilst AMW had grainy webcasts back before TNA was aired here.

Oh well, I still think Beer money win.

Just My Opinion

I guess I'm the only one so far to pick America's Most Wanted and I'm still sticking by them. I haven't seen anything from Beer Money better than AMW vs. LAX or AMW vs. XXX. The tag team division was better back then than it is now and basically all Beer Money did is feud with Team 3D which resulted in average matches in my opinion. The breakup was so great because they were a great tag team. If Storm and Harris were two average to below average wrestlers, then their breakup would have been awful because nobody would have cared about them (i.e. Carlito/Primo).

Matt isn't a 3 time cruiserweight champion, not that that title meant anything anyway. Not to mention, the European title didn't mean anything either, and the ECW and US titles are just midcard belts. He's definately not a huge star. The Dudleyz are not singles stars, just because they could be does not mean they are. Vince McMahon could call me up tomorrow, sign me, and make me the champion, but that does not mean I am a singles star. If Bubba or Devon ever win a meaningful singles title, then we'll talk.

I love Beer Money but I would have to say I would prefer to see AMW back. the reason why is then we could have AMW and still have Rude and petey Williams as a tag team and have 2 great teams instead of one. I really miss Petey I cant figure out for the life of me why TNA let him go he was great in the ring and had a great look even if he was small.

I guess I'm the only one so far to pick America's Most Wanted and I'm still sticking by them. I haven't seen anything from Beer Money better than AMW vs. LAX or AMW vs. XXX. The tag team division was better back then than it is now and basically all Beer Money did is feud with Team 3D which resulted in average matches in my opinion. The breakup was so great because they were a great tag team. If Storm and Harris were two average to below average wrestlers, then their breakup would have been awful because nobody would have cared about them (i.e. Carlito/Primo).
Man I'd love to sit and debate you on this, but your points are pretty solid. However, when I answered the question, I had a different set of criteria. I didn't really rate the feuds they had, because Beer Money hasn't lasted as long. Instead, I go by look, chemistry, charisma, and in ring ability. And in my opinion, AMW falls short in all 4 categories.

It's simple to me. James Storm is a common factor, Robert Roode>Chris Harris, so Beer Money>AMW.

Also going with this logic. Granted, I haven't seen too much of AMW as I only started watching recently, so that probably makes me biased. But, I much prefer Roode to Harris, I think Beer Money are a great tag team who can work heel or face.

That's not to say AMW matches weren't good, but they just weren't very memorable, Beer Money have and are making a bigger impact and becoming one of the best tag teams in wrestling today.

i preferred AMW's matches. But Beer Money interests me more with the cooler and 'Sorry bout yo damn luck'. Now their theme is different which sucks as do their matches.

Dude, got to shoot on this one. "Just some stupid group that started with the company", really? Just because they started with the company they are stupid? Mind you, I believe that Beer Money is the better of the two Tag teams, but AMW made more noise as far as people getting to know TNA. I remember people were telling me to watch TNA just because of AMW, Triple X, and 3 Live Kru. These three teams alone helped to point out that Tag Team wrestling was still alive and well in the wrestling industry. AMW and Triple X gad some of the best Tag Team matches I have seen at TNA, especially in the NWA/TNA days, some really good stuff. Even though Roode and Storm have a great charisma together, it still doesn't beat the charisma that Storm and Harris had. The two of them together was magic and the feud they had was awesome. I have no doubt that one day we will see AMW togethjer again as they really work well together. Hopefully it ends up as some surprise. The fact that people are still talking about AMW so long after the group has broken up though proves that they were good, not just some crappy group that started when the company started. That's like saying "D-X was just some crappy group that started the WWE Attitude Era".:wtf:

How ignorant can this statement be? So I guess starting with the company makes you stupid? Does that make Jeff Jarrett or AJ Styles stupid? Hell Sting has been with the company since 2003 so does that make him stupid? It doesn't matter if Roode could be greater than Harris. Harris and Storm as a tag team was better than Roode and Storm and that is my opinion.

How ignorant can this statement be? So I guess starting with the company makes you stupid? Does that make Jeff Jarrett or AJ Styles stupid? Hell Sting has been with the company since 2003 so does that make him stupid? It doesn't matter if Roode could be greater than Harris. Harris and Storm as a tag team was better than Roode and Storm and that is my opinion.
Remember, some people believe that if you are not WWE in wrestling, than you are nothing. Yeah, like everything is roses in WWE right now? They have the same people over and over again in the main event, RAW has no real new stars, the Tag Team division consists of two main eventers one possible great team that they keep feeding to everyone and a bunch of other wrestlers that nobody really cares about. RAW guest hosts kill the show even more, ECW is having better matches and more originality than RAW, oh, and the Women's division at WWE is a sad joke to boot. Yup, thinds are much better and more logtically structured at WWE than anywhere else.:banghead:

I love Beer Money but I would have to say I would prefer to see AMW back. the reason why is then we could have AMW and still have Rude and petey Williams as a tag team and have 2 great teams instead of one. I really miss Petey I cant figure out for the life of me why TNA let him go he was great in the ring and had a great look even if he was small.

Agreed. I think one thing major promotions are missing is great tag teams. I just recently got back in to wrestling and I miss the days when the tag team titles actually meant something.

Agreed. I think one thing major promotions are missing is great tag teams. I just recently got back in to wrestling and I miss the days when the tag team titles actually meant something.
Well, at TNA the Tag Team Titles still mean something. WWE is the company having trouble getting their belts over, unless we are talking the TNA Knock Outs title which is in commedy Hell right now.:banghead:

Well, at TNA the Tag Team Titles still mean something. WWE is the company having trouble getting their belts over, unless we are talking the TNA Knock Outs title which is in commedy Hell right now.:banghead:

yea but at the most they have 3 good tag teams. MCMG and Beer Money are the only ones that interest me and I think there may be so potential in Creed and Lethal if they ever dropped the damn Macho Man gimmick

I really liked AMW, and they were my favourite team in TNA, but I think Beer Money do it for me now.

They are such a good team, and they work better together than AWM did in my opinion.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back