Women's College World Series

NSL

Life's A Bitch, And Then You Mosh
I may be the only person that watches the Women's College World Series for the softball, but this girl stood out to me today. Danielle Lawrie is a pitcher/DH, and is among the best in the country.

Today, in Game 1, she pitched great, but ended up walking in the winning run in 9 innings. In the second game, she not only won the game as a pitcher, but she also hit a grand slam. Talk about helping out your own cause. I haven't seen a college pitcher that can do both as well as she does.

She pitches for Washington, and plays Florida (the 1 seed), next.

Danielle Lawrie is a beast. She plays on the Canadian National Team and threw a no hitter against the US Team. That's something to brag about. She was the national player of the year this season. Last night against UGA was the first time I really got to see her for an entire game. I have to say, that UGA's line up gave her a tough time. Some of her pitches weren't breaking quite as much as they usually do (from what I've heard), but her change up was on point. That thing is deadly!

Looking forward to seeing her in the rest of the Series.

I saw that she was on the Canadian national team, but didn't know the rest of all that. Damn, she's good. I'm still more a fan of Monica Abbott, or Taryn Mowatt, but that's hard company to match up against. I watched those two face off a few times last year, and was blown away in every game. I unfortunately didn't get to watch Game 1, but from the highlights, it didn't look like I was missing much.

Isn't Florida supposed to win easily this year??

Florida was favored, but damn, they got spanked last night. Ya know, the more I watch Lawrie the more I am simply amazed by her. She is fucking phenomenal and her mechanics are all wrong. Her push off leg follows through like a bowler instead of a pitcher. Realistically, she shouldn't even be able to stay balanced. She almost defies logic. Amazing.

Honestly, what is truly amazing about her is her hitting. At that level, very few pitchers are even given the opportunity to swing the bat. This chick hits for average and power.

Reactions: NSL
I have watched the actual games even though I really watch it to see how hot the College girls are in those fine ass uniforms.

Anyways getting to the topic ahead. I will agree with my boy NSL & RVD Gurl on how good Danielle Lawrie is. It's always a great accomplishment to shut down any US National team in any sport. Danielle maybe a great pitcher, but i'm more amazed by her skills with the bat(don't think anything wrong by that) as she really is amazing at hitting as very few pitchers even get that opportunity to bat & she proved in my mind & in other people's minds, that she is a great all around hitter as she not only hits for power, but average too. I think that we will be hearing alot more of her in the Olympics in the next few years as she truly is a phenominal talent.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back