• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

WM 29: Chris Jericho vs. Fandango

DaveB

Dark Match Jobber
I was reading a rumor elsewhere that there's a distinct possibility that Chris Jericho will face Fandango at the event.

Personally & IMO, it's a terrible move bc Johnny Curtis has done nothing in the WWE yet to deserve a match with Chris Jericho on such a scale.

If I was booking, I'd put the Chris Jericho with The Miz vs Barrett & Cesaro in a tag team match BUT the cog in this would be that the IC title + US title would both defended in this match.

Thoughts?

I guess they want to establish Curtis quickly though its a pretty lame idea to throw him into a match with Jericho just like that with no real reason other than meaningless name calling which Jericho is known for.

Jericho/Miz/Barrett has years of history. It makes sense. Stick with it.
Cesaro should be involved with someone from Smackdown.

I think really it all depends on what happens next week.

Those rumours could have just been popping up from the interaction on RAW however if we see some more interaction next week then I think it's a real possibility. I would hate it but Chris Jericho doesn't need WWE title shots or main event matches with guys like Triple H anymore. He's past that and I know it sucks, but that's life.

I do think though that as Fandango having not done anything, he probably shouldn't get that match though. Perhaps if he had been wrestling for a while. He's got the best job in the world at the moment. WWE, getting paid to travel and not having to wrestle.

Fandango isn't my ideal opponent for Jericho at Wrestlemania, but I might be the only person in the world that's not against this. Fandango making his "debut" on the grandest stage of them all and defeating Jericho would be a big start for his career. Maybe they could bring Jericho's music career into this feud, make it more than just about Jericho making fun of Fandango's name, a rock vs. dance thing as lame as the idea sounds.

If this doesn't end up happening, I won't be disappointed. There are much better opponents for Jericho like Antonio Cesaro, Miz or Barrett, and I understand why everyone is against it as Fandango hasn't done anything yet and Jericho putting him over might be a huge waste of time as he may end up failing eventually.

For now I'm taking this with a grain of salt. The dirtsheets always spread around these types of rumors after one little segment. Like Richard said, let's see what happens on Smackdown and on next week's RAW first.

Personally I hope the WWE end up booking Jericho against Cesaro for the US Title and Miz against Barrett for the IC Title at Wrestlemania.

This just shows to me that Chris Jericho's latest return was a waste of time. WWE accepted him back for a couple of months but don't actually have anything to do with him. Maybe Jericho should hold back next time and disappear for longer.

I have no problem with the match. It'll probably be a short comedy match in which Curtis dances for a bit and then Jericho hits the Codebreaker. It get's Jericho on the card and he gets his payday, which is the only reason he came back for this run anyway.

why not have a Triple Threat rematch between Barrett/Miz/Jericho at WrestleMania for the IC title? or how about a Ladder Match for the IC title and/or US title?

why not Jericho vs Miz vs Barrett vs Cesaro vs Kingston vs R-Truth vs Rhodes vs Sandow in a Ladder Match for the IC title and/or US title? would be an awesome match and it gets everyone on the WrestleMania card

Personally, I think Fandango is a lousy choice. WWE seems to be going for the novelty of introducing Fandango to the fans inside the ring at the biggest show of the year. That's kind of a problem if the guy sucks, so they must have confidence in the guy.

Personally, I'd rather see Jericho take on Barrett for the IC title rather than have him face someone that, by design, we know next to nothing about inside the ring. Fandango's character is different and I'm starting to warm up to it, but the biggest event of the year should not be used to give someone a test run, even if it is against Chris Jericho.

they will probably use Jericho being on Dancing With The Stars(it's new season debut was last night to).It could be a decent match.

still think they should have went with Jericho/Ziggler though.

I always thought the Fandango character was based off of Jericho’s run on Dancing With The Stars. I would rather see Jericho in a Title match at WrestleMania, but I have no objection with Jericho vs. Fandango, as long as Jericho is at the very least, on the WM card. Plus, finally “debuting” on the Grandest Stage Of Them All against the “first ever” Undisputed Champion would be a great push for Fandango. I do like the idea of a multi-man match with both the Intercontinental and United States Championships on the line.

I really hope they don't go with this match. It would be such a waste to have Jericho who was in a world championship match last year face off against someone as lousy as Johnny Curtis.

I would rather do a fatal four way with Jericho Vs. Miz. Vs. Barrett Vs. Cesaro with both titles on the line, kind of how they did it at WM 2000. All four of these men deserve to be on the card opposed to Fandango but I digress.

I'll be disappointed if WWE do go with Fandango against Jericho but nobody will be paying for any of those matches anyway.

I'm all for it. They've waited this long to debut the guy, might as well wait until April 7. Jericho doesn't mind jobbing, and Fandango already has heat, so going over a fan- and IWC- favorite like Y2J could get him a small inferno going. Jericho has won all the titles, been in the main event, stole the show with HBK... there is literally nothing else for him to do at 'Mania save for face The Undertaker, and that's off of the table now. I think WWE should pull the trigger on it, let each guy ham it up for a little bit, and then have a solid 10-15 minute match that shows that the former Johnny Curtis is a potential future star.

Jericho vs. Barrett for the IC title.
confirmed when miz took the pin on raw. if y2j signs for after maina events, he wins! give the fans something to cheer about before brock ends HHH's career ;)

I would be interested in this match; however, giving Fandango's first match against Jericho at WM seems very risky. As long as it puts Fandango over than it should work fine. He would definitely win.

As it stands the card is pretty full. There is already 7 matches so this would make it 8. Never mind the Intercontinental Championship and Divas. It would be better to put Fandango into a fatal-4-way for the IC belt with the three from the triple threat last night. That way there is a great match and maybe saving an extra few minuets for the rest of the card.

Look, I don't hate the idea of a massive multi man IC and US title match. Both titles on the line. It could be used as a means of getting a bunch of guys on the card, but also ultimately unify the two straps.

If they go Jericho vs Fawn....Dang...Go, there is one thing I'd like to see done. have it be a really solid competitive match. Jericho wins, BUT, pulls Curtis up and shakes his hand. Word is that Vince has soured on the Fawn.....Dang.....Go gimmick, so why not, the night after Mania, have Jericho do the Highlight Reel with Fawn.....Dang....Go, but rip on the gimmick and pass the arrogant comic face role to Johnny Curtis. Jericho goes away from a few weeks and we get the reinvented Curtis morph into Y2J 2.0.

^ have the WWE considered unifying the US and Intercontinental belts?

they don't necessarily need a Multi man match for WM, but as above poster said, with 7 matches already official .. not much room left

so IF Y2J-Fandango is signed on that's 8 matches .. how does that effect Barrett and Cesaro? Plus the divas as well

"Jericho vs Miz vs Barrett vs Cesaro vs Kingston vs R-Truth vs Rhodes vs Sandow in a Ladder Match for the IC title and/or US title? would be an awesome match and it gets everyone on the WrestleMania card"

^ I agree and IMO it would be something different. As Cesaro & Barret have held their titles quite a while now, but not really done anything of great significance .. so putting both titles on the line in a ladder match, IMO would be pretty cool

^ have the WWE considered unifying the US and Intercontinental belts?

they don't necessarily need a Multi man match for WM, but as above poster said, with 7 matches already official .. not much room left

so IF Y2J-Fandango is signed on that's 8 matches .. how does that effect Barrett and Cesaro? Plus the divas as well

"Jericho vs Miz vs Barrett vs Cesaro vs Kingston vs R-Truth vs Rhodes vs Sandow in a Ladder Match for the IC title and/or US title? would be an awesome match and it gets everyone on the WrestleMania card"

^ I agree and IMO it would be something different. As Cesaro & Barret have held their titles quite a while now, but not really done anything of great significance .. so putting both titles on the line in a ladder match, IMO would be pretty cool

I'm fairly sure the pre-show is now a 1-hour event which IMO means we'll see the Divas Title & US Title defended + WrestleMania battle royal on the pre-show.
Then the IC Title match, most likely, on the main card.

After having some time to think about this, it doesn't bother me as much as it used to. After last night on SD!, it's pretty much confirmed that Jericho will take on Fandango at WrestleMania.

This is risky in that we simply don't know what Fandango can bring to the table. The match could be outright horrible and wind up being the biggest letdown of the entire show. At the same time though, there's a potential payoff in this. If Fandango is able to hold his own with Chris Jericho at the biggest show of the year and come out with a win, then Fandango's stock will skyrocket. While this match has the potential to suck, it also has the potential to be a potential show stealer.

Jericho can work with damn near anybody. If he can make Khali look good, then I'm sure he can do the same for Fandango. When you consider that Jericho is someone who is pretty much more about the business and is so unselfish, this match does make sense in some ways. Johnny Curtis is a young guy who has yet to have that big break of having a major star put him over and Jericho seems like just the type of guy who would be willing to give that sort of rub to someone like Curtis.

I know it could seem like its a waste of Jericho but maybe Jericho himself doesn't see it that way. Jericho is, for the most part, a part timer now. He'll probably be gone after WM and we won't see him until, probably, sometime early next year. He's won a slew of titles, wrestled in major feuds against most of the biggest names in wrestling for the past 20 years, headlined major ppvs, etc. Given that Jericho was almost certainly going to lose at WM anyhow, given that he's probably going to be gone for the rest of the year anyhow. As I said, now that I think about it, I've no complaints with Jericho putting over a young guy.

I'm really looking forward to this, I mean like, REALLY. Is that a bad thing? It was awesome seeing him attack Y2J on Smackdown, he had this kind of psycho look, while maintaining the dancer aspect about him as well. It's starting to seem like he's got two minds thrown into one. Not exactly schizo, but along those lines. Either way, I wouldn't complain at all if Jericho faced Fandango at Wrestlemania, as long as it doesn't involve dancing. I don't mind them having a dance-off BEFORE Wrestlemania, but when it comes to the match, I want to see wrestling please.

Also, I never thought I'd hear myself say this, loving Jericho the way I do, but I hope Fandango wins.

I'm really looking forward to this, I mean like, REALLY. Is that a bad thing? It was awesome seeing him attack Y2J on Smackdown, he had this kind of psycho look, while maintaining the dancer aspect about him as well. It's starting to seem like he's got two minds thrown into one. Not exactly schizo, but along those lines. Either way, I wouldn't complain at all if Jericho faced Fandango at Wrestlemania, as long as it doesn't involve dancing. I don't mind them having a dance-off BEFORE Wrestlemania, but when it comes to the match, I want to see wrestling please.

Also, I never thought I'd hear myself say this, loving Jericho the way I do, but I hope Fandango wins.

I'm with you. After tonight, I'm pretty excited to see them go at it. I don't care, I love Fandango. His theme music is awesome, he's got a mean streak, and looks like he and Jericho can have a good match.

I think what makes this more exciting is that its his debut match. This guy has REALLY grown on me.

Tonight, it was made official, Chris Jericho will go one-on-one with Fandango.

I don't know about you guys, but I'm pretty excited to see this match. Fandango has really grown on me and after tonight's brawl with Jericho, my excitement for their match went up quite a few notches.

This guy's got potential and I know if given 10 minutes with Jericho, they can put on a solid match.

Discuss.

Not to go all hipster on you guys, but I was pushing for Fandango/Jericho before it was cool. :icon_cool:

My premise from the get go has been that Jericho has nothing better to do, his schedule doesn't really justify anything greater, and Fandango could greatly benefit from it. This is better for Y2J than being stuck with The Miz or Wade Barrett in a contest for the tarnished piece of fool's gold that is the IC title. This gives him a chance to remind people that he's a rock star and reality TV participant while elevating a new wrestler who just so happens to have a gimmick that plays off of something Jericho is known for.

Fandango has a lot of potential. By that I don't mean he'll be a world champion; I'm just saying that he could get over pretty big and become a successful gimmick for a number of years-- a modern Honky Tonk Man or Disco Inferno. Going over Jericho will give him serious heat from both casual and hardcore fans. Doing so in his debut will set him up to immediately be inserted into a mid-card storyline with a fairly high profile.

There is nothing not to like about this match. I have no doubt they'll be entertaining no matter how much time they're given.

I agree Fandango does seem to have some potential. He looked good in his altercation with Jericho on Raw. This match has me interested. Fandango could definitely use the rub from Jericho, and who knows how long Jericho will be around this time so I think this match is perfect for both.

I actually like the Fandango character. However it has lower card potential only. Curtis will need to drop it at some point if he is going to progress up the card.

This feels like the Jericho/Ziggler SummerSlam match to me. Jericho rarely wins, Fandango/Ziggler need the win, Jericho then wins for a change only for the heel to triumph the next night on Raw.

If Jericho is going in the next few weeks Fandango should win and win quickly. This should be the annual minute or less mania match.

Can't come up with a reason to force excitement for this match.

Fandango is slowly growing on me, but the character has no depth at all. For now, he's just some narcissistic ass, who's obsessed with his name and dancing. Fandango is entertaining, but I just a see a sideshow act with no real lifespan.

Jericho loses, because I honestly don't see the point in him winning this match. Fandango will get a big rub at Mania, but where can he go after that? He can only keep up the interruption/dance/"my name is Fannn-Dangooooo!" routine for so long. It'll become stale after a while, and Fandango will go back to square one.

Like the character, but for fuck sake, he debuted like three weeks ago. This is a fucking disgrace to WrestleMania, the showcase of the immortals. If you want to go with a rookie, were is the payoff for Sandow and Cesaro?

Anyways, big entrances, massive booing, codebreaker and walls of jericho in under one minute. Still fucking stupid.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back