Wrestlemania 29 - Match Order

TripleHHH28

Dark Match Jobber
Anyone got any predictions on the match order for Mania 29? As we saw a few nights ago The Miz vs. Wade Barrett for the IC Title is the pre-show. What will start the PPV? Will it be the World Heavyweight Title again based on the Ziggler rumor of cashing in? Any ideas?

My Assumption is:

Pre-Show: Miz vs. Barrett IC Title
1 - World Heavyweight Title Del Rio vs. Swagger
2 - Tons of Funk vs. Rhodes Scholars & Bella Twins
3 - Team Hell No vs. ZiggyLangston
4 - Ryback vs. Mark Henry
5 - The Shield vs. Orton, Big Show, Sheamus
6 - Jericho vs. Fandango
7 - Undertaker vs. CM Punk
8 - Triple H vs. Brock Lesnar
9 - WWE Title Rock vs. John Cena

No way will they have the three biggest matches on the card one after the other. I think Cena vs. Rock is going to struggle anyway. They'd die if they came after HHH/Lesnar & Undertaker/Punk.

My order is:

#1 Swagger vs. Del Rio
#2 Ryback vs. Mark Henry
#3 Undertaker vs. Punk
#4 Tag Team Championship
#5 The Shield vs. Orton/Big Show/Sheamus
#6 Fandango vs. Y2J
#7 HHH vs. Lesnar
#8 8-Person Tag Team Match
#9 The Rock vs. Cena

Though on second thought I don't know if they'll have a tag match followed by a 6-Man tag match. So possibly the 6-Man & Ryback/Henry might swap places.

The unimportance of the midcard belts on 'Mania cards is annoying. IC belt is preshow, and no US title defense? Lame. Well, here's the order I think would make for a good show:

Pre-Show: Intercontinental Title Match - Wade Barrett (c) vs. The Mi
1 - Tons of Funk vs. Rhodes Scholars & Bella Twins
2 - Ryback vs. Mark Henry
3 - WWE Tag Team Championship Match - Team Hell No! (c) vs. Dolph Ziggler and Big E. Langston
4 - Chris Jericho vs. Fandango
5 - World Heavyweight Championship Match - Alberto Del Rio (c) vs. Jack Swagger
6 - Randy Orton, Big Show and Sheamus vs. The Shield
7 - Triple H vs. Brock Lesnar
8 - Undertaker vs. CM Punk
9 - WWE Championship Match - The Rock (c) vs. John Cena

No way will they have the three biggest matches on the card one after the other. I think Cena vs. Rock is going to struggle anyway. They'd die if they came after HHH/Lesnar & Undertaker/Punk.

My order is:

#1 Swagger vs. Del Rio
#2 Ryback vs. Mark Henry
#3 Undertaker vs. Punk
#4 Tag Team Championship
#5 The Shield vs. Orton/Big Show/Sheamus
#6 Fandango vs. Y2J
#7 HHH vs. Lesnar
#8 8-Person Tag Team Match
#9 The Rock vs. Cena

Though on second thought I don't know if they'll have a tag match followed by a 6-Man tag match. So possibly the 6-Man & Ryback/Henry might swap places.

I actually like your idea of the match order. Except I don't see the Punk/Taker match being that low. It would be a low blow to Taker in my opinion to have him that low on the card. Change Fandango/Jericho with that match maybe? Tough call but your list is looking not too bad when I think of it.

I actually like your idea of the match order. Except I don't see the Punk/Taker match being that low. It would be a low blow to Taker in my opinion to have him that low on the card. Change Fandango/Jericho with that match maybe? Tough call but your list is looking not too bad when I think of it.

Personally I think it's a good spot on the card. Ultimately it's meaningless because the outcome isn't in doubt and it just doesn't feel as big as it should be considering the two men involved. Having them on third should maximise fan interest in the match. They'll be the first massive names on the card and people will respond entusiastically towards them. Further down the card and I think people are going to be anticipating the other two big matches more and they might be starting to tire from the matches they've witnessed before.

Undertaker has started low-ish down the card before and I think he'll understnd the merits of being down there.

Pre-Show: Miz vs. Barrett IC Title
1 - World Heavyweight Title Del Rio vs. Swagger
2 - Team Hell No vs. ZiggyLangston
3- Jericho vs. Fandango
4- The Shield vs. Orton, Big Show, Sheamus
5 - Triple H vs. Brock Lesnar
6 - Ryback vs. Mark Henry
7 - Undertaker vs. CM Punk
8- Tons of Funk vs. Rhodes Scholars & Bella Twins
9 - WWE Title Rock vs. John Cena

Travesty that Miz/Barret is pre-show - this is a Mania worthy match. I think that we open with a world title match to open with some momentum. Ryback/Henry and the Eight-person tag are both natural breaks between the main-events as they are short and less appealing. Cena winning the WWE championship is a good way to end WM29.

Pre show – Barrettt vs. Miz IC title – Miz wins

Team Hell No vs. Dolph and Big E - Dolph and Big E win

Jericho vs. Fandango – Jericho wins

The Shield vs. Henry/Show/Sheamus – Sheild Wins

Del Rio vs. Swagger – Del Rio Wins

-Ziggler Cash in

-Ryback vs. Henry

-Triple H vs. Lesnar – Lesnar wins

-Hall of Fame members get introduced

-CM Punk vs. Undertaker – Taker wins

-Tons of Funk and Funkadactyls vs. Rhodes Scholars and the Bella Twins – Tons of Funk wins

-Cena vs. Rock – Cena wins

Here's the order I want:

Pre-Show: Tons of Funk (Tensai, Brodus Clay, Cameron and Naomi) vs Rhodes Scholars (Cody Rhodes and Damien Sandow) and the Bella Twins (Brie and Nikki)
1. Tag Team Titles: Dolph Ziggler and Big E Langston vs Team Hell No (Kane and Daniel Bryan) (c)
2. Chris Jericho vs Fandango
3. The Shield (Roman Reigns, Dean Ambrose and Seth Rollins) vs Sheamus, Randy Orton and Big Show)
4. No Holds Barred (with Triple H's career on the line): Brock Lesnar (with Paul Heyman vs Triple H (with Shawn Michaels)
5. Intercontinental Title: The Miz vs Wade Barrett (c)
6. World Heavyweight Title: Jack Swagger (with Zeb Colter) vs Alberto Del Rio (c) (with Ricardo Rodriguez)
7. Ryback vs Mark Henry
8. Undertaker vs CM Punk
-P. Diddy performs-
9. WWE Title: John Cena vs The Rock (c)

Here's the order we will most likely get:

Pre-Show: Intercontinental Title: The Miz vs Wade Barrett (c)
1. World Heavyweight Title: Jack Swagger (with Zeb Colter) vs Alberto Del Rio (c) (with Ricardo Rodriguez)
2. Tag Team Titles: Dolph Ziggler and Big E Langston vs Team Hell No (Kane and Daniel Bryan) (c)
3. Chris Jericho vs Fandango
4. Ryback vs Mark Henry
5. No Holds Barred (with Triple H's career on the line): Brock Lesnar (with Paul Heyman vs Triple H (with Shawn Michaels)
6. The Shield (Roman Reigns, Dean Ambrose and Seth Rollins) vs Sheamus, Randy Orton and Big Show)
7. Undertaker vs CM Punk
8. Tons of Funk (Tensai, Brodus Clay, Cameron and Naomi) vs Rhodes Scholars (Cody Rhodes and Damien Sandow) and the Bella Twins (Brie and Nikki)
-P. Diddy performs-
9. WWE Title: John Cena vs The Rock (c)

1) Tag Team Championship
2) Ryback vs Mark Henry
3) Swagger vs ADR WHC (Ziggler cashes in after ADR retains)
4) Jericho vs Fandango
5) HHH vs Lesnar
6) Shield vs Orton, Sheamus, and Big Show
7) Undertaker vs Punk
8) 8 person tag match
9) Rock vs Cena

I don't see Swagger vs. Del Rio going on first. This Swagger/immigrant storyline is just too big to start off the show with. I know the past two Mania's have opened with the World Heavyweight Championship match, but this build up/storyline has been better than the previous two's build up/storyline. Not great though but still better. And people are suspecting that Ziggler will cash-in on the winner, so it wouldn't make sense to have the Tag Team Championship go on after, if he does cash-in and win the belt. Winning the World Title is clearly more important than the Tag Titles. Even if Dolph doesn't cash-in, it would still be better to have the World Heavyweight Championship match go on after the Tag Title match, it will leave the mystery of whether Ziggler will cash-in or not. If the Tag Championship went on after the World Championship then it would be predictable that he won't, unless Ziggler cashes-in first then has his tag title match and later on, has his first world title defense against Del Rio/Swagger who cashes-in his rematch clause. But, god, I hope that doesn't happen.

Pre-Show - Barrett vs. Miz
1) Hell No vs. Ziggler/Langston
2) Jericho vs. Fandango
3) Shield vs. Sheamus/Orton/Show
4) Triple H vs. Lesnar
Piss-Break Diddy Concert
5) Ryback vs. Henry
6) Del Rio vs. Swagger
7) Undertaker vs. Punk
8) Tons Of Funk/Funkadactyls vs. Rhodes Scholars/Bellas
9) Rock vs. Cena

Preshow Miz vs Barrett If Miz wins does it count if he's "undefeated" at Mania? lol

1. Team Hell No vs ZiggElangston. It might be a quick squash with Hell No winning because I think Ziggler will cash in later in the evening.

2. Ryback vs Mark Henry Ryback wins.

3. Tons of Funk & Funkadactyls vs Rhodes Scholars & Bella Twins I have a funny feeling Team Funk wins this one.

4. Triple H vs Brock Lesnar Triple H as the winner. If his position as C.O.O wasn't on the line I would believe that he would lose.

5. H.O.F segment

6. Chris Jericho vs Fandango Fandango for the win.

7. Jack Swagger vs Alberto Del Rio Del Rio for the win, but a more fresher Ziggler will cash in.

8. Christie Speaks He'll probably just announce a new metlife attendance record then the shield comes in.

9. The Shield vs RKO, Sheamus, and Show The shield wins with Randy turning on his team.

10 CM PUnk vs Undertaker 21-0. This match I feel should be last

11. P. Diddy performs Maybe have the divas dance on stage while he performs so they can get their air time. I'm surprised they haven't got air time yet.

12. John Cena vs the Rock I'm going to go on a limb and say that the rock retains only because he's advertised for the next PPV. But I can see Cena turning heel afterwards.

1. Barrett v Miz pre-show
2. Team Hell No v Ziggler/Big E
3. Jericho v Fandango
4. Alberto Del Rio v Jack Swagger
5. Tons of Funk v Rhodes Scholars
6. CM Punk v Undertaker
7. Ryback v Mark Henry
8. Shield v Super faces
9. Triple H v Lesnar
10 Rock v cena

The key is to space out the matches or else fans will burn out something fierce .

Chris Jericho vs Fandango

The Shield vs Orton, Sheamus, Big Show

Ryback vs Mark Henry

WWE Tag Team Championship
Team Hell No vs Ziggler, Langston

World Heavyweight Championship
Alberto del Rio vs Jack Swagger

No Holds Barred
Triple H vs Brock Lesnar

The Undertaker vs CM Punk

Tons of Funk, Funkadactyls vs Team Rhodes Scholars, The Bella Twins

WWE CHAMPIONSHIP MATCH
The Rock vs John Cena

Here's the order I think we might get:

WWE Tag Team Championship
Team Hell No (c) vs Ziggler/Big E.

Ryback vs Mark Henry

No Holds Barred
Triple H vs Brock Lesnar

The Shield vs Randy Orton, Sheamus, and Big Show

Del Rio (c) vs Jack Swagger

CM Punk vs The Undertaker

Tons of Funk & Funkadactyls vs Rhodes Scholars and The Bella Twins

P. Diddy Concert

WWE Championship
The Rock (c) vs John Cena

Here is what I think the WWE will do:

WWE Tag Team Championships
Team Hell No vs Dolph Ziggler/Big E

Ryback vs Mark Henry

Alberto Del Rio vs Jack Swagger

Triple H vs Brock Lesnar

The Shield vs Randy Orton, Sheamus, and Big Show

CM Punk vs The Undertaker

Tons of Funk & Funkadactyls vs Rhodes Scholars and The Bella Twins

WWE Championship
The Rock (c) vs John Cena

I really struggled with who would be the opening match of the night because I think that Jericho/Fandango and Alberto Del Rio/Jack Swagger could all potentially open up the show. But I chose the tag team championship match because I think Dolph Ziggler will cash in his money in the bank so the tag match should go on first before he wins the world title. After I decided that I didn't really know where to fit in the Jericho/Fandango match because it could go anywhere on the card but I think where I put it works and I tried to separate the three big main events as much as possible.

1) Jack Swagger v Alberto Del Rio

2) Mark Henry v Ryback

3) Dolph Ziggler/Big E. Langston v Team Hell No

4) Tons of Funk/Funkadactyls v Rhodes Scholars/Bella Twins

5) Triple H v Brock Lesnar

6) Randy Orton/Sheamus/Big Show v The Shield

7) Fanango v Chris Jericho

8) CM Punk v TheUndertaker

9) John Cena v The Rock

Someone explain to me why Tons of Funk should go on 2nd to last?

Are you all really just making that the bathroom break before Rock v. Cena?

The Tons of Funk/Rhodes Scholars match is total filler. If you put it on near the end of the night, the crowd will go dead. I will literally laugh my ass off if Vince does this.

That's the plan. It'd be there to give people a breather between the semi-main event and main event. It's a nothing match, it doesn't matter if people treat it as a nothing match.

If you go from Undertaker/Punk or Lesnar/HHH to Rock/Cena that the crowd responce to Cena/Rock won't be at a maximum.

"The Tons of Funk/Rhodes Scholars match is total filler. If you put it on near the end of the night, the crowd will go dead. I will literally laugh my ass off if Vince does this."

they need a filler type match second to last to allow the crowd to gain back momentum

at WM 22 the match before the Triple H-Cena main event was that Diva pillow fight .. at the time I found it very out of place and too high on the card

but given the situation of letting the crowd gain their momentum back, it makes tons of sense.

**really would like to see the World HW Title higher on the card, around 5-6 .. especially if Ziggler plans on cashing in.

Time and Order os Matches

America The Beautiful and operning Promo (8minutes)

1) Chris Jericho vs Fandango (with Intro and Promos) - 12min

2) Ryback vs Mark Henry (with Intro and Promos) - 12min

3) The Shield vs Randy Orton, Sheamus, and Big Show (with Intro and Promos) - 20min

4) Alberto Del Rio vs Jack Swagger (with Intro and Promos) - 18min

5) CM Punk v TheUndertaker (with Intro and Promos) - 35min

---- P. Diddy Mini Concert -- 10min

6) Team Hell No vs Dolph Ziggler/Big E (with Intro and Promos) - 12min

7) Triple H v Brock Lesnar (with Intro and Promos) - 35min

---- HOF Moment - 8min

8) Tons of Funk & Funkadactyls vs Rhodes Scholars and The Bella Twins (with Intro and Promos) - 8min

9) The Rock vs John Cena (with Special Music Intro for Rock and Cena and Promos) 45min

Total of 3h30/3h35min, add more 20/25 of tiny backstage segments will be 4hours!

Pre Show:
Wade Barrett vs. The Miz (WWE Intercontinental Championship Match) - 12 mins

WrestleMania XXIX:

America The Beautiful/Opening Video Package/Pyro - 10 mins

1. Ryback vs. Mark Henry - 9 mins

2. Chris Jericho vs. Fandango w/Summer Rae - 10 mins

3. Team Hell No w/Kaitlyn vs. Dolph Ziggler & Big E Langston w/AJ Lee (WWE Tag Team Championship Match) - 16 mins

P Diddy ft. Skylar Grey performance - 10 mins

4. Alberto Del Rio w/Ricardo Rodriguez vs. Jack Swagger w/Zeb Colter (World Heavyweight Championship Match) - 17 mins

Hall of Fame Inductions Parade - 10 mins

5. Triple H w/Shawn Michaels vs. Brock Lesnar w/Paul Heyman (No Holds Barred Match with Triple H's Career on the Line) - 26 mins

6. Tons of Funk & The Funkadactyls vs. The Rhodes Scholars & The Bella Twins (8 Person Tag Team Match) - 7 mins

7. The Undertaker vs. CM Punk w/Paul Heyman - 21 mins

8. The Big Show, Randy Orton & Sheamus vs. The Shield (6 Man Tag Team Match) - 15 mins

9. The Rock vs. John Cena (WWE Championship Match) - 24 mins

According to the main page, the tag title match is currently scheduled to kick the show off. Works for me. The crowd should be hot and Bryan & Ziggler have both gotten great responses from New York crowds in the past, so it'll be a good way to kick off the show. I'd say it'll go like this

WrestleMania Pre-show
WWE Intercontinental Championship - Wade Barrett vs. The Miz - 15 minutes

America the Beautiful/Pyro/Opening Video Package
1. WWE Tag Team Championship - Team Hell No vs. Dolph Ziggler & Big E. Langston: 12-13 minutes
2. Chris Jericho vs. Fandango: 10 minutes
3. World Heavyweight Championship - Alberto Del Rio vs. Jack Swagger: 15 minutes
4. Tons of Funk & The Funkadactyls vs. Team Rhodes Scholars & The Bella Twins: 6-7 minutes
WWE Hall of Fame Class of 2013 Introductions: 5 minutes
5. The Undertaker vs. CM Punk: 20-22 minutes
P Diddy Musical Performance: 8-10 minutes
6. Triple H vs. Brock Lesnar: 25 minutes
7. Ryback vs. Mark Henry: 8-10 minutes
8. Randy Orton, Sheamus & Big Show vs. The Shield: 15-16 minutes
9. WWE Championship - The Rock vs. John Cena: 30 minutes

This is how I would have it.

1. Team Hell No vs Dolph Ziggler and Big E. Langston in a Tag Team Match for the Wwe Tag Team Championship

2. Ryback vs Mark Henry

3. Chris Jericho vs Fandango

4. Six Man Tag Team Match

5. Alberto Del Rio vs Jack Swagger for the World Heavyweight Championship

6. Triple H vs Brock Lesnar No Holds Barred

7. John Cena vs The Rock for the Wwe Championshi

8. The Undertaker vs Cm Punk Streak Match

Okay so we know this; the tag titles match will likely be first and the WWE title match WILL be last. So...given that...my call is this:

America The Beautiful - 10 mins

Match 1: Tag Titles - Dolph & Langston vs Team Hell No - 10-12 mins

Match 2: Ryback vs Henry - 8 mins

Match 3: Jericho vs Fandango - 10 - 15 mins

Match 4: Del Rio vs Swagger - 20 mins

Match 5: ZIGGLER vs Del Rio - 5 mins as Ziggler cashes in

Match 6: HHH vs Lesnar - 25 mins

Match 7: Six man tag team match - 20 mins

Match 8: Undertaker vs Punk - 25 mins

Match 9: Tons of Funk; The Funkadactyls vs Rhodes Bellas. - 5 mins

Match 10: Cena vs Punk - 30 mins

In essence, the ordering ive chosen is one that keeps the crowd hot instead of building to a crescendo. It peaks and troughs, a lot like common PPV cards now, yet the main events are listed in importance. Taker vs Punk is more important than HHH vs Lesnar even if HHH's career is on the line as Taker beat HHH last year, and the streak is a more important storyline that has main evented the past few RAW's. They often put in a filler between main event and the secondary main event, we've seen it a lot of years past and I wouldn't be surprised to see it happen again here.

Ive also included my prediction where Dolph is concerned, I think itll add to the time frame with him coming out, cashing in etc. I believe Wrestlemania is THE night for it. Its built up for this night, I hate the idea of him holding the case past Mania.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back