WM: 25

Attitude

Getting Noticed By Management
It's been over a year since WM 25 happened. I wanted to get a overall reveiw of the pay per view from posters. The thing is everybody said this pay per view sucked except for the Undertaker vs. Shawn Michaels match. I however thought that WM 25 was pretty good. Maybe not the greatest but good. Here are a few of the reasons why I thought it was good.

The Undertaker vs. Shawn Michaels: Obvious reason. Called the greatest match in WWE history by many.

Matt Hardy vs. Jeff Hardy: This is the only other match that get's called good by posters. I've heard people say this was a great match but the Undertaker vs. Shawn Michaels overshadowed it. If it weren't for that match this would be the match of the night.

Triple H vs. Randy Orton: I think by this time everybody was tired of this rivalry. They just wanted it to end. I've also heard people say this was a good match it was just boring. Maybe it was because it followed Undertaker vs. Shawn Michaels. Anyway I don't see why people complain so much about this match. I thought it was good.

The MITB Match: CM Punk won. That's the only complaint.

Stone Cold Farewell: For me this was bigger than the Undertaker vs. Shawn Michaels match. I'm a little biased because I'm an Austin fan.

Anyway give your review and whether or not you liked the pay per view. Explain why you chose the way you did.

The MITB Match: CM Punk won. That's the only complaint.

How could you say CM Punk winning is a bad thing, if it wasn't for this win he would have never turned heel and start the SES which is currently going well.

Now about the PPV, I thought it was good with the exception of the Miss Wrestlemania Battle Royal because WM 25 had a entertaining MiTB match, a legendary match between two of the greatest wrestlers of all time, a good triple threat match for the World Heavyweight Championship and a well done Extreme Rules match between two brothers(even if it could have been better.)The WWE championship match was OK but it really dragged during some parts.Overall, the PPV was good and a success which is what only matters to the WWE.Right????

I personally really liked it, yeah it wasn't the best Wrestlemania of all time but it was still good.

Jeff Hardy Vs Matt Hardy was a great match, it had an amazing build up to it, but like you said it was overshadowed by HBK Vs Undertaker.

Randy Orton Vs Triple H was pretty good, this also had a good build up to it, but as you also said maybe people think it was boring because it followed one of the greatest matches of all time.

The MITB Match, on this one I have to disagree with you because I'm happy that CM Punk won because he had a great rivalry with Jeff for the World Title.

Now Undertaker Vs HBK, like I said before it was one of the best matches of all time, but the only thing with this match is that it was so good that the other matches seemed a little bit boring.

I’m standing by my original opinion and saying WM25 was a bad mania.

MITB: Been there, done that. Nothing made this match stand out above any of the others.

Diva Battle Royal: Possibly the worst match and biggest waste of time in mania history. The unified tag title match, which was a pretty good match, got bumped to the dark match for this.

Jericho vs. Legends: I know this wasn’t the original plan, but I really didn’t like this. Would you want to see an old and out of shape Randy Orton, CM Punk, and Edge go three on one with a star in his prime at WM50? I wouldn’t. Steamboat saved this from being a complete disaster.

Hardys: This should have been a regular match without the extreme rules stipulation. Because of extreme rules it was just another hardcore match. It looked like it belonged at WM15 instead of WM25. The ladder didn’t have as much effect as it should have because of MITB. Disappointing.

IC Title: For the first time in seven years the IC title gets defended at mania and the match goes 20 seconds. Horrible.

Taker vs. HBK: It’s been said over and over. Great match and absolutely saved the show.

World Title: Underwhelming triple threat. Seems better suited for Unforgiven than mania.

WWE Title: Not a terrible match, but a little slow and boring. The dead crowd really hurt this match. Could have benefited from appearances by Legacy and the McMahons.

Overall this was a very bad mania. As I said HBK and Taker saved the show. Austin’s farewell was easily the second best thing of the night. This could have been a lot better.

i truly think the taker vs hbk match was overrated. There was really nothing special about that match, people get carried away with the names thats all.
The match wasnt even that exciting, near falls dont make a match entertaining.
Overall a very forgettable mania, like every single one since 21

I watched the ppv live..and I think it was a rather good ppv...

My highlights..

MitB match - I think it was a good match, and when I saw CM Punk win it again, I was thinking, I wonder what they'll make him do next and guess what, we've got this amazing heel at the moment...

Hardy vs Hardy - I don't know what to say about this match, I mean the heel won!! I was really sure that Jeff would win and also it was an extreme rules match, but hey it got me surprised!

Taker vs HBK - Enough said!!

World title match - Now this was obvious booking, Cena loses it to a heel, only to win it back at WrestleMania!! It was easily seen by myself!! But I was going for Show tbh..

WWE Title match - The way the feud was going, we all knew HHH was going to break ortons neck...it just had that written all over the match!!

What I think would have been better would be if the tag match was shown!!

The only highlight of Mania 25 was Taker VS Michaels. That's it. The rest of the show was just not good. After watching the HHH VS Orton match a few more times, I realized it wasn't as bad as some people made it out to be. The main problem with this match was that it was VERY underwhelming. We expected HHH and Orton to go out there and kill each other, but the whole "HHH loses the title if he gets DQ'ed" stipulation just killed this match. It should've been no holds barred. That's what everyone wanted to see.

The World Heavyweight Championship match felt like a Raw main event. Besides Cena picking up Edge and Big Show, there was nothing really special about the match. And the Divas battle royal was just awful in so many ways.

I don't have a problem with Punk winning MITB, because when he cashed in the briefcase, his rise as WWE's #1 heel began.

I dont really understand all the hate for wrestlemania 25 sure it wasnt a great mania but it wastn horrible

MITB: This was a good match,cool spots and it created a great heel
Divas: This was bad
Y2J/Legends I think this was ok the bits w/ steamboat jericho were really good
Hardys This was an awesome match 2nd best of the night
Rey/JBL Awful
Taker/HBK Amazing match if this had gone on last i think this mania would be remembered more fondly
Triple Threat This was a good match the double FU was really cool
HHH/Orton I can never understand why this match gets so much hate sure it should have been no DQ but apart from that it was a really good match

Anyway on this card you have one legendary match, 2 very good matches and 3 good matches there are only 2 bad matches on the csrd and both were kept short.

To let you guys know I wasn't complaining about CM Punk winning the MITB match. I'm a big fan of CM Punk. I just read from other posters that they weren't happy with CM Punk winning it a second time. Like everybody else said I liked the Pay per view and thought overall it was good.

i truly think the taker vs hbk match was overrated. There was really nothing special about that match, people get carried away with the names thats all.

Finally someone agrees. The Match was solid up until sim snuka botched catching taker diving over the tope rop. After that it was nothing but finishers and near pinfalls. it was obvious when the match was going to end. I knew hbk would kick out of the 1st tombstone. I thought it was the best match when i first watched it but after rewatching i can see i overhyped it. their rematch from this years wrestlemania was MUCH better in my opinion. More action, fast paced, and i dont read any of the articles on the website so i had no idea if the streak would end or hbk would retire. But as much as i say about hbk vs taker I, its still the best match at WM25 followed by Hardy vs Hardy.

I think it was OK, not one of the best but a solid show throughout. I thought the Taker/HBK match was great, the World Title triple threat was too predictable, and the Orton/HHH match let me down but I think matches between those too will for the most part because I saw them in their Last Man Standing Match live at No Mercy 2007 in Chicago so I compare their matches to that. It wasn't a bad match but like someone else said it was slow and I think it would have been better to have Orton win it at Mania instead of at Backlash, but that's coming from an Orton fan haha.

Overall a very forgettable mania, like every single one since 21

totally disagree on that, this match was perfect, great pshychology and these two know how to perfor together extremely well, everything was done excellent, as far as the rest, decent pay per view, expecting a stephanie mcmahon heel turn on HHH though at the end, triple threat was good, and the hardys match as well also MITB good to with benjamins frightening dive from the ladder outside and the legends match was good only cuz of steamboat

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back