• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Wish me luck guys. I may need surgery on my Pulmonary Valve sooner rather than later

One Punch Doug Crashin

I AM INVINSIBLE!
So basically I went to my cardiologist today. He told me that they're being more aggressive with Heart Valve surgery.

I had an ECHO and an EKG (both have to do with heart) and they were showing signs that my murmur was getting more prominent and that was a warning sign my valve was leaking too much. I'm expected to go have an MRI on my heart in 2 months. IF the MRI shows any difference in the last time I had the MRI (which was a year ago) then I would have to consider surgery. It's to my benefit actually. I'm pretty limited as to what I can do with a leaky valve so when they replace the valve I should be able to do a lot more. for example, be able to lift a 40lb bag and not get winded. Be able to work out better, ect.

That'd be great if they can get it sorted quick man :thumbsup: thoughts are with you though

Its bad to hear that you are afflicted in that way with your heart- it must be very limiting sometimes. But yes, good luck for your surgery whenever it takes place. Hopefully it will be like having a brand new body :)

good luck,what is it that is actually wrong with you,i have seen fleeting comments and always wondered

Good luck man I know what its like getting surgery I had it twice. One is open heart surgery and stint.

So basically I went to my cardiologist today. He told me that they're being more aggressive with Heart Valve surgery.

I had an ECHO and an EKG (both have to do with heart) and they were showing signs that my murmur was getting more prominent and that was a warning sign my valve was leaking too much. I'm expected to go have an MRI on my heart in 2 months. IF the MRI shows any difference in the last time I had the MRI (which was a year ago) then I would have to consider surgery. It's to my benefit actually. I'm pretty limited as to what I can do with a leaky valve so when they replace the valve I should be able to do a lot more. for example, be able to lift a 40lb bag and not get winded. Be able to work out better, ect.

I do believe that those are both the same thing. EKG, Echo Cardiogram. I may be mistaken.

Best of luck.

EDIT: I was wrong. Electrocardiogram and Echo cardiogram.

Hey man sorry to hear your troubles, but as you said the surgery may be the best thing for you in the long term and give you your life back. In any event, best wishes.

Hey man, glad it sounds like they can get it sorted out and it'll be for the best, still though, thoughts are with you and best of luck.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back