Winter is Coming - The Night is Dark and Full of Spoilers

13177580_588458394651334_935162576509245328_n.png

So, maybe the thing he lost in the course of his resurrection was his sense of direction?

Greyworm and Missandei talk about how Tyrion doesn't know what it is like to be a slave and that the Masters cannot be trusted but are completely overlooking that Tyrion at no stage says that he means to keep his word with the Masters.

He is following textbook diplomacy of Divide and Conquer. That 7 years to abolish slavery is likely just a number plucked out of the air for convenience sake.

Offering Astapor and Yunkai a peace so he can deal with the Sons of the Harpy and once they are gone, the Unsullied can deal with the rest of Slavers Bay one by one.

Yeh there was something reminiscent of that scene in season 2 when he gives Pycelle, Littlefinger and Varys different information to find out who will pass the information to Cersei. Certainly seems like it was a crumb of information to keep the masters thinking they had the advantage but for necessity's sake he needs to keep Grey Worm and Missandei in the dark.

Had quite a lump in my throat with Jon and Sansa's reunion.

At least Osha got a quick death but because of how similar that scene was to her "seduction" of Theon, I knew she was a goner.

Brienne and Tormund? Definitely a better love story than Twilight. His eyebrow flirting over the soup cracked me up.

Tormund eyeing Brienne was hilarious.

Sad to see Osha go.

And the Vale of Arryn is on the march.

Although I am a little perplexed about what Littlefinger hoped to gain by virtually sacrificing Sansa. Was it all for a pretext for war that would see Sansa dead and the House of Arryn able to take over the North?

Барбоса;5494705 said:
Although I am a little perplexed about what Littlefinger hoped to gain by virtually sacrificing Sansa. Was it all for a pretext for war that would see Sansa dead and the House of Arryn able to take over the North?

I assume he thought that she would telepathcally tell him what is going on in Winterfell but later realized that he clicked on the wrong IMDB page.

Барбоса;5494681 said:
Greyworm and Missandei talk about how Tyrion doesn't know what it is like to be a slave and that the Masters cannot be trusted but are completely overlooking that Tyrion at no stage says that he means to keep his word with the Masters.

He is following textbook diplomacy of Divide and Conquer. That 7 years to abolish slavery is likely just a number plucked out of the air for convenience sake.

Offering Astapor and Yunkai a peace so he can deal with the Sons of the Harpy and once they are gone, the Unsullied can deal with the rest of Slavers Bay one by one.

Yeeeep.

Барбоса;5494681 said:

I can already picture Tyrion telling Greyworm to mobilize the armies to march on Astrapor, Greyworm and Missandei looking confused, and then Tyrion explains them much to their delight.

That's some good stuff.

Барбоса;5494705 said:
Tormund eyeing Brienne was hilarious.

Sad to see Osha go.

And the Vale of Arryn is on the march.

Maybe he thought he could unite the houses loyal to the North over Sansa's death? He could say that with her dead, Robin Arryn is the next choice to be Warden of the North since he was cousins (albeit not on her father's side, but any port in a storm, right?) and he can make his move.

Though he also seemed to count on Jon Snow rallying the Wildling armies against the North.

Quick question in regards to the Wildlings... why are there only 2000 ready to fight? Did that many die at Hardhome?

Maybe he thought he could unite the houses loyal to the North over Sansa's death? He could say that with her dead, Robin Arryn is the next choice to be Warden of the North since he was cousins (albeit not on her father's side, but any port in a storm, right?) and he can make his move.

Robin Arryn is the Warden of the East. I doubt the other Wardens or major houses would allow him to take two Warden titles.

Quite a cool look at the historical and practical sides of the Tower of Joy fight. Would love to see more of Dayne somewhere down the road like a prologue series around the time of the Mad King up to Robert's Rebellion.

A man can wish.

Quick question in regards to the Wildlings... why are there only 2000 ready to fight? Did that many die at Hardhome?

Between attacks by wights and Walkers, Jon Snow's defence of the Wall, Stannis' cavalry, Hardhome, desertions and general attrition, what was Mance Rayder's army is now severely depleted.

Plus not all of Mance's men chose to pass through the Wall in the first place.

Morbidly curious on how often GoT gets discussed among therapists.

A name has grown men breaking down now.

Started out really slow, I thought the Sansa/Little Finger scene fell flat, and almost felt like a forced apology for last years rape scene. Arya's scene also fell a bit flat for me too. Everything else was at least interesting/ story progressing, but that last scene hit me hard!

Maybe im an unfeeling monster, but the Wolf going down upset me way more than Hodor. I think because I was too confused to be sad, plus, if im tracking this correctly, he fufilled his destiny.

Maybe im an unfeeling monster, but the Wolf going down upset me way more than Hodor. I think because I was too confused to be sad, plus, if im tracking this correctly, he fufilled his destiny.

I felt the same, the sounds of the wolf squealing in agony as it's being slaughtered disturbed me much more than Hodor, probably because I never really cared that much about the Hodor character, & as you said he fulfilled his destiny.

The real waste is Euron. I appreciate "Bloke who grabs his own dick constantly" is pretty close to "Enigmatic pirate king" but I'm just a purist like that.

The real waste is Euron. I appreciate "Bloke who grabs his own dick constantly" is pretty close to "Enigmatic pirate king" but I'm just a purist like that.

I would say that we have so far seen two very different Eurons. The carousing pirate king and the lunatic who thinks he is the Drowned God.

As for Summer and Hodor, we could see them again...

MCwtE1.gif

That's a bewildering situation to me. Reading the comments here, I'm led to believe he would fit right in with the Boltons.

Watching the show, I don't actually think I've seen him doing anything disagreeable. Balon was a piece of shit, and what Euron said at the Moot made way more sense than what Yara said.

The parts of the books that don't directly revolve around the Lannisters or Starks are typically called boring, and they often are, but the kingsmoot stuff and what proceeded it were out there enough that I didn't mind reading them. The show's just made it very pedestrian.

And yeah, Euron's plan made more sense. I can justify it in my head by thinking Yara was just trying to placate these people who have no sense of perspective and only ever want world domination. "Why don't we just wait it out and pledge our allegiance to the winner, seeing as we're just a shitty island in the middle of nowhere" isn't much of a vote winner. The iron born are just dumb as fuck.

Depending on how he approached it, Euron being taken as Dany's king wouldn't be too unbelievable.

Guessing he won't approach it in a way that'll have a positive outcome. For him, at least.

I totally disagree that Euron's plan made more sense. A vote winner for sure but stupid. Yara's was far more sensible. It recognised the innate lack of staying power the Ironborn have suffered from since the defeat of Harren the Black by Aegon the Conqueror.

Sailing half way around the world with a massive fleet is a very stupid idea. Just because Dany continually talks about doing it doesn't make it straightforward.

Tyrion and Jorah barely made it through the pirate-infested waters. A large percentage of Euron's 1,000 ships will not make it to Slaver's Bay, let alone back to Westeros again.

It is a plan with a massive potential up-side. But it may also destroy the Ironborn for good. That is certainly not sensible.

But sensible means little to the dumbfuck Ironborn.

As to the depiction of the Kingsmoot, in the books, it was made more intriguing by the fretting of Aeron Greyjoy, the plotting of Asha/Yara and Rodrik the Reader of House Harlaw and the vengeful brooding of Victarion Greyjoy.

The show could have done a better job of playing it as a big event.

Also, there were more instances of a strange flow of time. Not only was the Night's King and his army able to teleport to the cave of the Three-Eyed Raven, Littlefinger transported from the lowlands of the Vale/Moat Cailin to Moletown near the Wall in seemingly very short time in relation to the scene between him, Robin and Lord Corby in the last episode.

An interesting development in the seeming origins of the White Walkers, even if it seems to go against the idea that they are a divine instrument in opposition to the Lord of Light.

Hodor...

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back