• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Windows XP or Vista

The Rob

Telling me I'm invincible..
My very kind Uncle is sending me a laptop over from Canada for free, it's in great condition and has everything that I need. The only downside is that it's only got Windows XP. Is it worth upgrading to Vista? The desktop I currently use runs on XP but I'd still like to upgrade.

Any thoughts?

Given Windows 7 is out later this month, might want to wait and upgrade to that

What's going to make Windows 7 any different? As you can tell I'm a complete dunce when it comes to computers.

Either stick with XP, or wait and sit around for Windows Seven. I fucking hate Vista. It's more unwarranted hatred than anything, but still. Wait for Windows Seven.

It depends on the specs of the computer. For example, if the computer is low on RAM, stick with XP. If it has a slow processor...meh, stick with XP. If it has a small hard drive, stick with XP.

As far as Vista goes, there's really no point. While people keep saying Vista sucks, I'm willing to bet that no one can explain why. However, Windows 7 is a Vista upgrade, so might as well wait if you are going to upgrade.

I actually don't have any complaints about Vista, some old programs didn't work on it, but fair enough, still works with the essential stuff I need and use. Most of the problems I had were specs about the comp that you helped me fix Sly :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back