Will WWE Tag Team Wrestling EVER be great again?

Status
Not open for further replies.

ocekit

Yoga Chica
Most recently, one of the best teams in the form of M-N-M was broken up. Now the only prominent groups seem to be London & Kendrick, The Spirit Squad (which hasn't been know for great title defenses), D-X, and the Highlanders (who haven't wrestled yet). The Tag Team titles have been relegated to lower title status.

Long ago in the WWE, there were great tag matches, memorable ones. Groups like Edge & Christian, The Dudleys, The Hardy Boyz, Jericho & Benoit, etc. were fighting over for the titles like their lives depended on it.

Do you think the division will ever be that good again, or will WWE management kill it off entirely?

If you want good tag team wrestling watch TNA because now the WWE just doesn't care about tag teams any more while TNA is doing a great job at it.

Yeah, I don't think they care about it. At one point, I thought they were gonna get rid of tag teams. I think it was when Bischoff was still around

All right here is what I think about WWEs tag team division it stinks right now and I believe that is in it rebuilding stage it needs more wrestlers that are willing to compete in teams not in singles ie Johnny Nitro. I think that with the new talent coming to the wwe the tag team division is in for rude revival. With Pitbulls on SD!, and the Spirit Squad, Cade and Murdoch, and The Highlanders on the Raw brand I think that it could possibly be just as good if not better than TNAs Tag Teams.

ocekit said:
Most recently, one of the best teams in the form of M-N-M was broken up. Now the only prominent groups seem to be London & Kendrick, The Spirit Squad (which hasn't been know for great title defenses), D-X, and the Highlanders (who haven't wrestled yet). The Tag Team titles have been relegated to lower title status.

Long ago in the WWE, there were great tag matches, memorable ones. Groups like Edge & Christian, The Dudleys, The Hardy Boyz, Jericho & Benoit, etc. were fighting over for the titles like their lives depended on it.

Do you think the division will ever be that good again, or will WWE management kill it off entirely?

i sure hope not.. the tag team titles used to be so popular, i agree on that one..

maybe theyll introduce new teams.. better teams. im sure the highlanders are good wrestlers but no one's gna buy the gig long term..

maybe the hardys will make a comeback or something.. or it could be that this is just wishful thinking..

the highlanders look mad stupid. i hope they are good wrestlers because they honestly look like Smackdown! material (no ofense to Smackdown! fans)

The problem is they don't have enough tag teams to go around. They have

London & Kendrick--SD
The Spirit Squad--RAW
The Pitbulls--SD
DX--RAW
The Highlanders--RAW
Cade & Murdoch--RAW
Doring & Roadkill--ECW
The F.B.I--ECW
The King's Court--SD!

Thats 3 teams on SD, 2 on ECW, & 4 on RAW. The problem is that they don't want to commit some of the teams to the tag team titles. Ex: The King's Court & DX could easily be tag champions but are not. If these two teams had the belts placed on them it would FORCE WWE to make the tag division stronger. They would not want to make DX or the Court look weak so they would have to have a new, strong team take the belts.

Say D-X gets the belts from the squad barring a screwjob a reasonable way for them to lose would be to have a team like Kane & Shelton team up. 2 guys who are slipping down the ranks. This will bring new teams, new rivalries, and a better tag division.

Then when Mysterio eventually drops the belt Chavo & Rey can form another rather prestigious team on SD!

It can easily be done to get the tag division better Vince just doesn't seem interested.

EC MF'N W said:
The problem is they don't have enough tag teams to go around. They have

London & Kendrick--SD
The Spirit Squad--RAW
The Pitbulls--SD
DX--RAW
The Highlanders--RAW
Cade & Murdoch--RAW
Doring & Roadkill--ECW
The F.B.I--ECW
The King's Court--SD!

Thats 3 teams on SD, 2 on ECW, & 4 on RAW. The problem is that they don't want to commit some of the teams to the tag team titles. Ex: The King's Court & DX could easily be tag champions but are not. If these two teams had the belts placed on them it would FORCE WWE to make the tag division stronger. They would not want to make DX or the Court look weak so they would have to have a new, strong team take the belts.

Say D-X gets the belts from the squad barring a screwjob a reasonable way for them to lose would be to have a team like Kane & Shelton team up. 2 guys who are slipping down the ranks. This will bring new teams, new rivalries, and a better tag division.

Then when Mysterio eventually drops the belt Chavo & Rey can form another rather prestigious team on SD!

It can easily be done to get the tag division better Vince just doesn't seem interested.

You forgot The Gymini (SD), who are thus far undefeated and for whatever reason are being completely ignored. Would someone explain the reasoning behind that. I heard that either Jesse or Jake was injured, but it wasn't anything that would put him on the shelf. What's going on with those guys?

Soul Crusher said:
You forgot The Gymini (SD), who are thus far undefeated and for whatever reason are being completely ignored. Would someone explain the reasoning behind that. I heard that either Jesse or Jake was injured, but it wasn't anything that would put him on the shelf. What's going on with those guys?

The Gymini are wrestling in DSW I just came from one of their live events here in Mcdonough,GA

they should 1.) reform the World's Greatest Tag Team with Haas & Benjamin
2.) Have Cade & Murdoch actually wrestle on tv 3.) bring in The Untouchables from OVW. have u seen these guys, they are unbelievable.

They don't care anymore. I think that's what it ultimaetly comes down to. They pretty much killed the tag team titles when they made kane/big show champs then decided to break up carlito/masters and have them feud instead.

if they want to save the tag team divison WWE better being doing it fast b/c right now WWE isn't doing so well these days

WWE doesn't care about any titles other than WWE and World. That's why they broke up Kane and Big Show as well as MNM. The two greatest teams in the WWE in the past few years. Kane and Show could have held the titles forever if they wanted. Sucks though.

I was actually thinking about this earlier today... I think that Raw could have a decent tag team division. They have DX, they could make two teams within the Spirit Squad, The Highlanders, Val & Vis, & Cade & Murdoch. That is six good teams, if they were to make the Spirit Squad in two teams. I think that these six teams could definitly re-vamp the tag scene on Raw. As for Smackdown... can't really say cause I don't get UPN.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back