• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Will TNA Lose Sting to WWE This Year?

akathelaw

Jerichoholic since 1997
Today WWE.com unveiled a profile page for Sting. It features classic photos and a brief timeline of his Non-TNA accomplishments. Scott Steiner's recent Twitter rant mentions Sting's distaste for recent TNA booking decisions. Last year WWE almost signed Sting for a Wrestlemania match, but he declined because TNA gave him what he wanted. Could Sting finally be headed for the WWE ring?

Like many fans, I've been a huge supporter of Sting for a long time. Sting is undoubtedly a very talented performer who has innovated over the years and has the biggest star power of any non-WWE wrestler. Years ago Sting publicly declared he wouldn't wrestle for Vince McMahon for 2 reasons: The mature subject matter conflicted with his religious views and he felt WCW stars were buried by WWE talent. Anyone who watched the last 2 years of TNA programming can see that the shows became just as lewd and offensive as Attitude Era WWE. While WCW stars may have been de-emphasized in 2001, WCW is highly regarded by WWE in 2012 and past WCW stars are showcased in HOF inductions. Now is the best time for Sting to jump over to WWE and participate in a couple of Wrestlemania matches before retiring. TNA is not a suitable place for Sting to retire, not with the legacy and fan support he has. How and when should Sting break into WWE, or is it too late?

They also added Hulk Hogan's Twitter account to their alumni list of accounts as well. It's part of their agreement for letting Ric Flair appear at Wrestlemania and no, Sting's not leaving especially when he's signed to a new contract until next year. At this point, Sting in WWE would be less a deal as being in TNA. For most fan's he'd be seen as a total unknown.

You know, I was getting all prepared to blast you for believing such an obviously bogus story...until I went to wwe.com and verified it. Yesterday, I would have put the odds of Sting ever appearing in a WWE ring at 1%, at least until he was completely retired, and they invited him to the WWE Hall of Fame. Yesterday, I never would have entertained the idea that Sting would ever wrestle a match for the WWE.

However...this kinda changes things a little, doesn't it? They have never added ANYONE from WCW to the Alumni section that didn't also perform in the WWF/E. Sting is the only WCW only wrestler to get that honor. What do we hear was Sting's major reasoning for never joining the WWE? That he didn't think they treated ex-WCW talent properly? Well...giving him an alumni page certainly can't be seen as disrespectful, can it? Does this mean that they will actively pursue Sting once his contract runs out? I have no idea. It could simply be a show of respect, since technically, they own WCW's property, it could be that they consider Sting an alumni regardless of which banner he wrestled for. If the WWE wants to pursue Sting, this is the type of thing that they would do to lay the groundwork, to show Sting in advance that they definitely do respect him, respect his contributions, as part of a larger "Get Sting here" plan...But it also could be completely unrelated to that. I have no idea.

Regardless of if it's planned or not, that 1% odds that I would have given yesterday has gone up dramatically. I still doubt that it would happen, but less so. Call it about a 30% chance now.

Sting is my favourite wrestler of all time. I'd love to see him in a WWE ring for just one match at Mania, more than likely against Undertaker.

Realistically, I don't see him ever competing in a WWE ring, he will be inducted into the hall of fame at some point.

Nothing is impossible. While I doubt Sting will eventually wrestle for WWE, it could happen I suppose. But I have mixed feelings on it. Don't get me wrong, I'm a fan of Sting and what he accomplished down through the years. I stopped watching WWE because I didn't care for what they were offering, and I don't think Sting is enough for me to tune in to watch. This isn't a knock against him though; in fact if he's willing to jump ship, then more power to him. He just might bring a few more old school era fans back. But I don't think Sting is going to WWE, at least not this year anyway.

no his tna contract was only extened in storyline. officially stings contract runs out at the end of the year. I could see this happening at the rumble. they do the countdown for the new entrant to enter and suddenly the lights go out and a tron no one has seen before hits even the announcers are confused and suddenly the light come on as in huge letters the word "sting" is on the tron and you see him clean house but he eliminates himself or he goes all the way and after the match he hits the mic and makes a challenge to taker "you want this, go in the chamber and get the title and lets do what hasnt been done before." or something like that.

It seems every year the WWE and Sting talk, the closer he is at finally jumping in the E waters. From his mouth he was really close to signing last year. Hell, maybe seeing Nash and Booker T go back made an impression on him. They've treated Booker with absolute respect since he left TNA. That helps.

And from where TNA is this year from last year, that organization is getting worse and worse.

I think the time for Sting and WWE was a couple of years ago and both parties missed on it. Despite the fact that both sides kind of act like they didn't talk, it is pretty well know that they were discussing a contract and getting him on board and actually were not eons apart on it.

I would say, once that came and went it really went down in the odds of it happening. Though, the WWE move here is clearly to say, "Stinger, we see you, we have seen your work in TNA and still think you could be a major draw for us. We are open to talking again."

Would love to see something get done and see him get a couple of feuds in the E before hanging up his boots for good.

I would love for Sting just to show up in the rafters at some WWE pay per view and slowly build up a match with The Undertaker not at Wrestlemania 29 though this has to go down at WM 30 a nice even number for this huge clash of dark heroes. Can you imagine the mind games these two would play? This would be something to see. And I know Vince sees the dollars to be made from this. Sting can retire on a high note with some dignity. Going out on the biggest stage possible and not in front of 1400 people in Orlando that don't really care what your doing.

I highly doubt it. Dixie announced about three weeks to a month ago that Sting had just signed a new contract. I really don't see him asking for his release.

If you had asked me this a year ago I would've said the chances were slim to none. Sting has said in the past that he would never work for Vince. But now I'm not so sure about that because not to long ago Sting said he almost signed with WWE and he only signed with TNA because they had what he wanted at the time. What that was I'm not sure but obviously Sting is fine with Vince and his product enough that he'll sign. I think after his TNA contract runs out, WWE will go after him viciously and I could see Sting signing with WWE by the end of his contract.

I highly doubt it. Dixie announced about three weeks to a month ago that Sting had just signed a new contract. I really don't see him asking for his release.

that was only in a story line sense. like an above poster said his actual contract expires towards the end of the year.

while i can never say never to sting coming to wwe i just honestly feel like that ship has sailed. there have been so many opportunities for him to jump to wwe and it hasn't happened so again while i won't say never i feel like if he was coming he would have been there by now.

I think it expires start of December - Don't quote me, it's just something I recall reading awhile back but I'm not 100% certain!

I think a few years ago would have been the perfect time for an Undertaker/Sting storyline .. Now I think at best we will see it at Wrestlemania 30 - Why 30? Because it's going to be the biggest wrestlemania until 40 xD

Can see Sting signing a 2/3 year deal - 4 at a push, lets face it he isn't exactly as bad shape as some of the guys around these days. Will probably have a few fueds, Cena, Orton one or two others then go onto Undertake at Wrestlemania 30.

If he signs, I want to see Sting v Rock and Sting v Undertaker .. Yeah I know the situation with the Rock isn't great but .. Picture this if you will .. The Rock wins the WWE title at the Royal Rumble, Sting wins the Rumble .. Next night on Raw we findout who will be the Rocks #1 contender at EC .. Afterwards Sting comes out and says to the Rock that he'd better win because he plans to take the belt off of him at Wrestlemania!

Ok, I've finished dreaming :(

For any up and coming wrestler since 1985, the World Wrestling Federation/WWE would have been, or will be your dream. Regardless of how good Sting did in WCW and how good he seems to be doing in TNA, he must think in the back of his mind that the only thing left to do in conquer the WWE.

He has held the WCW World Championship and the TNA World Championship. Will he hold the WWE Championship, or the World Heavyweight Championship? No, but I have no issue with him turning up and facing The Undertaker at WrestleMania. That is a dream match and a lot of people want to see it.

My point is it could be really likely we see Sting leave TNA this year. Maybe he'll take a few months off. Quite honestly, if the rumours are true, I would rather see Brock Lesnar vs The Undertaker and leave Sting/Undertaker for XXX. It would be huge for Sting, to have one match in WWE, against The Undertaker, at the thirtieth WrestleMania.

So, in my opinion, I think after this year, at most, next year, he will leave TNA. I can see it now - Sting vs Undertaker, WrestleMania XXX - permitting Sting does indeed leave for WWE.

I think the novelty of seeing Sting on WWE TV is all you'd get from it.

If this were 2001, then it would be a really big signing. However, much like everyone else from his generation that's still going, he's name brand. For someone his age, he can definitely still go. But, if we're picking opponents for the Undertaker or even HHH, I would get much more excited about the Lesnar/Rock combinations.

For me, Sting is like the Cubs; I don't like the Cubs, but I'd like to see them do it just once in my lifetime, just to saw I saw it. If Sting did a WWE show, it'd be really cool...until they started trying to build a story or make me care. It would be the culmination of a legendary career, for Sting, but I would only book him for one match and then call it a day.

Honestly, he should probably just stay in TNA, where they can really use him. He legitimizes a company that needs all the legitimacy they can get.

And everyone is seemingly forgetting how TNA made a deal with the WWE recently? Hogan's Twitter is on WWE.com and it is filled to the brim with TNA talk. Now Sting is being promoted as well. Plus there's a WCW DVD coming out.

But no totally Sting is going to the WWE. Of course.

If you had asked me this a year ago I would've said the chances were slim to none. Sting has said in the past that he would never work for Vince. But now I'm not so sure about that because not to long ago Sting said he almost signed with WWE and he only signed with TNA because they had what he wanted at the time. What that was I'm not sure but obviously Sting is fine with Vince and his product enough that he'll sign. I think after his TNA contract runs out, WWE will go after him viciously and I could see Sting signing with WWE by the end of his contract.
Sting is past 50 years old. If I was him I would sit down and not be another ric flair. If Sting goes to the wwe, I don't think he will win the title and if he did win it, he won't hold it that long. I also think that sting will not even like the parttime schedule with the wwe. I think Tna and the Wwe should up their game with what they got so we can stop all this dreaming.

Everyone is buying far far to much into this. Dixie said they made a deal with WWE concerning Ric Flair and a few of their other stars. Here you go, this is the deal, Sting is now officially recognised by the WWE - I imagine this will also lead to a DVD.

Hes not leaving to go to WWE, dont be silly.

I don't know what to say about this. I read it's part of the exchange deal from when Ric Flair went to the Hall of Fame. Or I don't think it's an indication that The Icon Sting would be "WWE Bound" but regardless I'm not reading to much into this.

If it was 2003 or 2005, then I would be cool with Sting going to WWE. But now?! I don't know. Even a match with 'Taker/Micheals/HHH or hell even The Rock, wouldn't even be worth buying the PPV. Cause in a much similar way that TNA/IW do their bookings, WWE will find a way to screw it up. That's wrestling industry for ya'.

(Sorry WWE fans, didn't mean burst your bubble. I guess you guys are use to that.):icon_neutral:

I am not a mark for any promotion just a wrestling fan for almost 30 years. The biggest reason why Sting hasn't made the jump is that VKM has a lengthy history of marginalizing other promotions talent when they come to the WWE. Sting has worked so hard in and outside of the ring of building his legacy. Any fan that thinks Sting is irrelevant to any % of the audience just doesn't know wrestling fans. Sting is an icon based off of the body of work he has done. For fans that don't like TNA thats their opinion but the product slowly has improved over the last year. Its hard to gauge whatever success TNA might presently have seeing they are a private company and they don't make any info available which is their choice but not a good one. Sting/Flair COTC I stands out as one of the Top 10 matches of all-time even better than HBK/Hart at Mania 12. Keep in mind most of Steamboat's,Flair's and Anderson's accomplishments didn't happen in the WWE

I've always thought the whole "burial of WCW guys" was kind of a joke. With the exception of Goldberg, the WWE did way more for former WCW wrestlers than WCW ever did.

However, the WWE would book Sting nothing like TNA does. There would be no 20 minutes promos to open every show, or world title runs.

Sting is probably just happy where he is. He has a nice spot in TNA, without the WWE travel schedule.

i do not think the issue has ever been the E not wanting Sting...if it was VKMs decision, Stinger would have been brought in in 2001 in my opinion...

the issue is with Sting, he does not want to work for VKM for whatever reason, he is like those dudes who does opposite of what is "cool" or "popular" at the time.

i think he has the jim cornette mentality of believing the E should not be the only game in town and will do whatever it takes to make sure that never happens

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back