Will There Be Any WWE Roster Cuts Coming Up Soon?

They're will definitely be some cuts coming down the line. I don't think it'll be of the size and scope that you've laid out in your OP but there will definitely be a few who don't make the cut.

The issue the WWE has at the moment is that they have hours and hours of TV to fill, plus a whole network that they are trying to fill with original content - the point being that they need as much talent as they possibly can get to accomplish that. Moreover, when you start taking people away, it makes rosters look pretty depleted. The tag team divisions on both shows, in particular, need a lift. Letting people won't do that unless you intend to replace those people.

That said, there are definitely a few people who are stealing a wage at this point. Curt Hawkins, Alicia Fox and Dana Brooke are three names who do spring to mind. Jason Jordan might be another one who is going to have to retire. Honestly, the WWE don't have a massive roster, given how much time they're trying to fill. I'm struggling to think of any more that would go.

They're will definitely be some cuts coming down the line. I don't think it'll be of the size and scope that you've laid out in your OP but there will definitely be a few who don't make the cut.

The issue the WWE has at the moment is that they have hours and hours of TV to fill, plus a whole network that they are trying to fill with original content - the point being that they need as much talent as they possibly can get to accomplish that. Moreover, when you start taking people away, it makes rosters look pretty depleted. The tag team divisions on both shows, in particular, need a lift. Letting people won't do that unless you intend to replace those people.

That said, there are definitely a few people who are stealing a wage at this point. Curt Hawkins, Alicia Fox and Dana Brooke are three names who do spring to mind. Jason Jordan might be another one who is going to have to retire. Honestly, the WWE don't have a massive roster, given how much time they're trying to fill. I'm struggling to think of any more that would go.

What about the cruiserweight division? They only appear on WWE 205 Live and WWE Main Event.

What about the cruiserweight division? They only appear on WWE 205 Live and WWE Main Event.
You're probably right. I don't watch 205 Live, so I couldn't tell you who's doing well and who isn't. That said, it's just more prrof that the WWE has lots of content of fill and needs the superstars to do it. The good thing about the Cruiserweights are that they are very malleable and can turn up anywhere. Jack Gallagher, for example, could easily turn up on Raw or NXT UK.

Some will be let go further on down the line, but cuts aren't the priority right now as WWE is looking to, if anything, expand its roster even further. Like MAM pointed out, WWE is looking to fill the Network with original content as a means to keep subscribers and in the hopes of adding more as time goes by. There's been talk of WWE working with some companies like Insane Championship Wrestling, Progress Wrestling and a few others and allowing them to air programs on the WWE Network as, again, it's more content and, much like NXT, it offers fans an alternative to the main roster product.

As to who might be released whenever the company feels that the fat needs to be trimmed, you're not gonna see the likes of R-Truth, Alicia Fox or Heath Slater be let go because WWE is able to rely on them to do anything that they give them no matter how foolish it makes them look. That's something that counts for a lot. I don't see Cesaro going anywhere as he's consistently been one of the most reliable in-ring workers on the roster since he came to the company, plus he and Sheamus have been one of the best tag teams to come along in WWE this decade.

I honestly don't know why they just don't stick Chad Gable on 205 Live. 205 Live has become its own little separate entity that doesn't cross over with Raw anymore and Gable is someone who could thrive there, or on any part of the main roster for that matter, if given a chance. Two guys that I think could be let go from the CW Division would be Ariya Daivari and Hideo Itami. Daivari is probably the least relevant member of the division right now and the bloom is off the rose for Itami; I think that Itami could potentially have been a significant star on the main roster had he not been sidelined for the better part of 2 years with injuries, the show had to go on and it passed him by.

Among the women, it's hard to say that anyone will be let go anytime soon. I mean, if you're of Samoan or otherwise Polynesian descent, you're not going anywhere no matter how utterly useless you are, such as Tamina. Nia Jax is the Rock's cousin so she's pretty much guaranteed to stay as long as she wants.

Usually, most cuts that've come in WWE the past few years have been in developmental and one of the weakest guys in NXT right now is Kona Reeves. He's got some Polynesian, or whatever, in his blood but he has this weird body, he's like 6'3", around 240 or so with some areas of his body being on the skinny side, some being kinda sorta muscular, some just sorta flabby without any sort of tone and his work inside the ring is dirt basic, I mean Jinder Mahal level.

Personally, i wouldn't mind seeing a spring cleaning of both the main roster and the NXT roster because both roster have way too many guy and girls doing nothing or having occasional matches on main event and live events. But with HHH is charge of talent relation, i doubt that they would do such a big roster clean up because for some reason, he doesn't like to release guys like those before him, plus if you keep all this talent on both rosters, that'S less talent that risk to go to the competition like ROH and New Japan.

They need to release the dead wood on both rosters, Guys like the Ascension, Zack Ryder, Tye Dillinger, Mike kanellis and The colons just to name those guys really don't have a purpose anymore and could be replace in a instant by somebody else in NXT but again they won'T do that because HHH and Vince hace the same mentality that if you keep all theses guys on the roster, that's less People that will go and sign for a indy fed that's not affiliated with WWE and that's bad for business.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back