• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Will The Hardys Return To Impact Wrestling Together?

I've heard him say it in interviews a few times and some Hardy Show previews. It's not hard to imagine he's set.

And some people work because they love it. Money's a factor, of course, but not THE reason why. If it were AJ, Roode, Angle would be in the WWE right now. A lot of these guys are still in TNA for the love for the company more than anything else. That's the guys you need on your roster.

Forgive me if I don't exactly trust what Matt Hardy says but he's not the most reliable person in the world now is he? As for his reasons for doing what he does, I don't know and neither does anyone else here. He's a pro wrestler! He gets paid to do so. If he was released tomorrow, there's a really good chance we'd never hear from him again.

In a youtube video he was burning money and saying that he is rich, he also showed a bank statment of something like $2 million, $6 million something like that. He also stated that his saving are something like divied up between 5 accounts so yea I am pretty sure he is set for life.
And Matt has been a life long fan of wrestling so why shouldnt he work for the love of the buisness?

I would love to see Matt and Jeff return as a tag team. Whether you like them or not, there is no denying they're one of the greatest tag teams of all time. And having them return together to take the Tag Titles off of Beer Money would be epic!

I never really understand why fans are bothered/interested in tv stars/sportsmans personal lives. They are just that, PERSONAL lives. The media in this country love making a big deal out of footballers cheating on their wives. Who gives a shit? I couldn't care less whether John Terry cheats on his wife on a Friday, as long as he gives his blood, sweat and tears to Chelsea on a Saturday.

Same with Matt and Jeff, they can do whatever they like when they're not on my TV, as long as they entertain me when they are on it. And seeing as they are legends in the business, I'm interested in watching them. I really hope they do come back and we get to see this legendary tag team with Tag Team gold once more.

Does it concern you when their personal lives actually have a negative impact on what happens on TV? Jeff Hardy's demons completely derailed a major storyline in Immortal, one that has been limping along ever since his real life decisions blew the angle out of the water. As a result, we the fans have been forced to endure poorly done booking on the fly to make up for the "personal life" of Jeff Hardy. I'm sure Mr. Anderson is just thrilled with his current position thanks to the charismatic addict.

Or what about Matt Hardy's ego talking about demanding refunds for shows he didn't make as a result of getting himself sent home. Does it concern you that he insulted the employees of TNA who actually care about their jobs and their promotion? And believe me, whenever he comes back it won't be to help the company continue to grow. It will be to put his favorite person back into the spotlight and put himself over more to his dwindling fan base.

And as for these two being legends...well, for that to be true we are going to have to lower the bar a few rungs to make that statement true.

Does it concern you when their personal lives actually have a negative impact on what happens on TV? Jeff Hardy's demons completely derailed a major storyline in Immortal, one that has been limping along ever since his real life decisions blew the angle out of the water. As a result, we the fans have been forced to endure poorly done booking on the fly to make up for the "personal life" of Jeff Hardy. I'm sure Mr. Anderson is just thrilled with his current position thanks to the charismatic addict.

Or what about Matt Hardy's ego talking about demanding refunds for shows he didn't make as a result of getting himself sent home. Does it concern you that he insulted the employees of TNA who actually care about their jobs and their promotion? And believe me, whenever he comes back it won't be to help the company continue to grow. It will be to put his favorite person back into the spotlight and put himself over more to his dwindling fan base.

And as for these two being legends...well, for that to be true we are going to have to lower the bar a few rungs to make that statement true.

I don't think what happened at Victory Road has had a negative effect on TNA. Immortal are a lot stronger now than they were prior to Victory Road so perhaps its even had a positive effect?

As for Matt, it was a bit dickish of him to say that about the live event but no it doesn't concern or bother me at all. Why should it? I'm not a shareholder in TNA or anything like that, I just like their TV show. And what Matt said has had no effect on my enjoyment of the show.

Why are they not legends? For anyone who grew up watching wrestling in the 90's they're right up there with the likes of the New Age Outlaws, Legion of Doom and the Outsiders.

I don't think what happened at Victory Road has had a negative effect on TNA. Immortal are a lot stronger now than they were prior to Victory Road so perhaps its even had a positive effect?

As for Matt, it was a bit dickish of him to say that about the live event but no it doesn't concern or bother me at all. Why should it? I'm not a shareholder in TNA or anything like that, I just like their TV show. And what Matt said has had no effect on my enjoyment of the show.

Why are they not legends? For anyone who grew up watching wrestling in the 90's they're right up there with the likes of the New Age Outlaws, Legion of Doom and the Outsiders.

We can agree to disagree concerning Matt Hardy: no harm, no foul.

I couldn't disagree more about your assessment of Immortal being stronger now than before Victory Road. The entire purpose of the "10-10-10" build-up was to unveil Immortal, with Hardy being the centerpiece. They even designed that hideous belt specifically for him. Clearly, the long term planning was to have him be the face of the company. I admit TNA has done a decent job with salvaging the situation. That being said, they only salvaged it. The angle is little more then a rehash of the oversized heel faction we have seen too many times in recent history.

The reason these two aren't legends is because they haven't done anything to warrant that label. Ric Flair said it in his autobiography, we as fans are way too quick to label guys as legends before they have earned that right. The Legion of Doom/Road Warriors and Outsiders are legends, namely due to their impact on the sport and the staying power they had. The New Age Outlaws aren't. They were a great team and had some great moments, just not legendary ones. The Hardys fall into that same category.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back