• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

The Broken Hardys & WWE

But the ban must be lifted at some stage. It has been over five years since he got this sentence. He shouldn't have to pay for it forever.

It wasn't like he was pushing drugs. It was for self-use.

I wonder how someone like Robert Downey Jr, who used to use drugs, goes overseas to promote movies?

From what I gather in certain cases the ban is never lifted, it depends on the degree was the criminal activity that a person was charged with. Border agents have access to the NCIC, a database which holds all criminal convictions that have been handed down in the United States. If your name shows up on that list, and Hardy's would, then he can be denied entry onto Canadian soil.

If you have to travel to Canada for work, school or family purposes, you can fill out forums that would allow you temporary access, but would it be worth it in his case. Also once a certain length of time, I believe it is 5-10 years, and he shows that he has been rehabilitated, he can file for a criminal rehabilitation pass. That would allow him to travel back and forth with no problems. That is very hard to obtain and he has to show that he has attended AA or drug counselling in order to get one. Again would it depend on the crime committed and if he is willing to do the work to get the situation resolved.

If/when the Hardys return to WWE, it almost certainly won't be with the "Broken" gimmick if what's being reported by PWInsider.com is true.

Last night, the Hardys defended the ROH World Tag Team Championship in a "Las Vegas Street Fight" against the Young Buckx & RPG Vice at the ROH 15th Anniversary Show, though this match will be shown on television as well if I'm not mistaken, and the "Broken" gimmick wasn't used. According to PWInsider.com Anthem considers the "Broken" gimmick to be their intellectual property and a cease and desist order was issued. The report states that this doesn't come from Jeff Jarrett, but from the higher ups at Anthem.

So, the bitterness between the Hardys and IW continues to rise. Even though Matt Hardy ultimately came up with the "Broken" stuff due to the creative power afforded him by the former TNA administration, the new IW owners are taking the position that, retrospectively, the gimmick is the property of Anthem and that the Hardys no longer have permission to use it outside of IW.

If/when the Hardys return to WWE, it almost certainly won't be with the "Broken" gimmick if what's being reported by PWInsider.com is true.

Last night, the Hardys defended the ROH World Tag Team Championship in a "Las Vegas Street Fight" against the Young Buckx & RPG Vice at the ROH 15th Anniversary Show, though this match will be shown on television as well if I'm not mistaken, and the "Broken" gimmick wasn't used. According to PWInsider.com Anthem considers the "Broken" gimmick to be their intellectual property and a cease and desist order was issued. The report states that this doesn't come from Jeff Jarrett, but from the higher ups at Anthem.

So, the bitterness between the Hardys and IW continues to rise. Even though Matt Hardy ultimately came up with the "Broken" stuff due to the creative power afforded him by the former TNA administration, the new IW owners are taking the position that, retrospectively, the gimmick is the property of Anthem and that the Hardys no longer have permission to use it outside of IW.

exactly like you say, i don'T see WWE going even near this gimmick right now if they we'Re to bring the hardy's back in mostly for that reason alone.

The weird thing is that we wanted new owners for so long for TNA or IW whatever you want to call it but now that they got it, we have to accept the fact that it'S run by business mens and not a wrestling fan like Dixie was, so the thinking will be different in the sense that those owner will go on and think that since this gimmick was created while they we're in TNA, it belongs to them the same way that Cody rhodes couldn't take the Rhodes name outside WWE because that was is WWE gimmick and he didn'T fill it for trademark before leaving WWE. Same goes here with the hardy's, they might have created the gimmick while in TNA but since they didn't have it trademark before leaving, TNA can pretty do what they want with it.

But if by some miracle the hardy'S can prove that they own the gimmick and can take it on the road again, i wouldn't be surprise if WWE try to do their own version of the gimmick. You bring them in as the original version first to get that nostalgia money and then slowly created they own version of the broken gimmick which will make again more money.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back