• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

RoH Tag Team Titles are Broken!

ShinChan

Gone. For. Good.
The Broken Hardyz are your new ROH World Tag Team Champions! If that sounds unexpected, that’s because…. well, it definitely is. Broken Matt and Brother Nero were not advertised for tonight’s Ring of Honor event in Manhattan, nor expected to be anywhere near the venue, but just days after news broke that the world-famous duo would not be re-signing with Impact Wrestling, the brothers made a surprise appearance and captured the gold from The Young Bucks in an impromptu match.

There seems to be no love lost between the Hardyz and Impact Wrestling, as the Broken Genious himself cut a post-match promo calling the promotion “dreadful”, basking in a very loud and immediate chorus of “f*** TNA” chants from the ROH faithful.

While we can’t confirm if this is a fact, or a part of an ongoing story, Matt claimed that they had signed a new deal with Ring of Honor that trumps the Young Bucks’ contract, which has been reported as the most lucrative deal in company history. That being said, the two teams will face off in what will likely be the main event of the upcoming Supercard of Honor event in Orlando next month, and given their rather hasty entry into the free agent pool, the alleged “contract” could just be a way to fill up some dates and promote the big WrestleMania weekend title bout.
Well that's surprising.

I mean that we knew that we will be getting Broken Hardys Vs. Young Bucks at Supercard Of Honor. And we still will get that as reported above with Hardys as the champions.

I think that Young Bucks will regain their titles the next time these two teams face each other i.e at Supercard Of Honor and that's it.

Also, Hardys could be back in WWE on the night after Wrestlemania 33. That's what I can see as of now.

The Elite teased interaction between them consistently, and I guess this last week came along and it worked out this way. Bully Ray had popped up as well and put Cole through a table. I don't see Bully sticking around that long and same with the Hardys. If the Hardys actually wanted to they could score a deal that goes over The Bucks ridiculous ROH / NJPW / PWG one. Hardys vs Bucks has already happened so same thoughts on the Bucks regaining the titles, and Hardys returning to WWE that Monday / Tuesday after Mania.

It is cool either way for sure. I'm going to try and enjoy the run or whatever for what it's worth. I'm sure the recorded / live rematch will be really, really good and hopefully even great. This was a ridiculous live event just glancing at the match card the day prior or even a portion of the results.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back