• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Will Mysterio get to Wrestlemania?

Status
Not open for further replies.
seein the spoilers, rey is not in MITB
so, the LOGICAL choice is jbl vs rey 4 the ic belt
and bourne vs swagger 4 the ecw title

My money is on him and evan bourne being in a tag match for the tag team title at wrestlemania. Vince loves 4 way tag title matches so expect miz/morrison, cryme time, bourne/rey, and some new team with a similar match happening for the smackdown tag titles.

I read someone mention a brand supremacy match, i just don't see that happening this year especially when both shows have the exact same GM at the moment

I doubt that it will be in any sort of tag match for the title and here's my reason why. Miz and Morrison are currently involved in a program to give us a shitty Champion vs. Champion extreme rules match of some sort at mania. It's bound to be a match that Carlito and Morrison end up carrying the entire match. It will probably be a TLC or Ladder Match for one of their titles, but I wouldn't mind seeing a simple Tornado Tag match if it even happens. I'm not a huge fan of any of the four of these, but its most likely gonna end at Wrestlemania with Miz and Morrison winning.

yes rey will go to wrestle mania,they wouldnt leave him off the card,jbl said hed make history hell do so by facing mysterio at wrestle mania 25 with the ic title on the line,its the only logical thing for jbl and mysterio

In my earlier Wrestlemania predictions, I had Rey Mysterio in the Money in the Bank match. I thought that he would make an awesome candidate for the match, but now that I know all 8 participants, I see tthat he is not in it. J.B.L. did say that he would do something historic at Wrestlemania... why not defend the Intercontinental Championship against a person half your size. Whenever J.B.L. wrestles Rey Mysterio, he always gets cocky and overconfident that he will defeat him. If they had a match at Wrestlemania, it would be no different and J.B.L. could very well lose the title or just the match by DQ. If Rey does not fight J.B.L. for the title at Wrestlemania, I think he could possibly be left off the card... unless they had a filler match between him and Mike Knox, which Wrestlemania doesn't normally need any, as all the matches usually have great bulidups, and no match will make the card for no reason.

I see it being Rey vs JBL now. Rey has some momentum with a great match last night where he pinned.. Morrison?... and is doing good lately even if he hasn't done much. JBL vs Mysterio has happened before but the match at Wrestlemania might work. Mysterio would win in another underdog story, but oh well. If not Mysterio would work in the MitB. He's never been in one and he could be great for some high risk, fast paced action. He's had a thing going with Kane since the failed mask storyline, and even though neither would win they could have their final moment in this match or build up towards a Backlash match. They need to have a final culmination.

I know this won't happen at WM25, because they seem to be going in a different direction, but I would have loved it to be that Rey's opponent at Wrestlemania 25 be - CHRIS JERICHO!!!

I think that these two could have some interesting matches, they have never feuded (except in the WCW days), and they started off in the Elimination Chamber last month together, and put together some good moves.

Besides, I'm sick of not knowing who Jericho's WM opponent will be. They need to announce it already, to give it build. If they had put him with Rey to start with, they could have given weeks of build.

Jericho could call Rey a hypocrite, as he hides his face behind a "mask". He could suspect that rey wears a mask because he has something to hide, therefore he is not honest, like his fans, according to Jericho.

I know this won't happen at WM25, because they seem to be going in a different direction, but I would have loved it to be that Rey's opponent at Wrestlemania 25 be - CHRIS JERICHO!!!

I think that these two could have some interesting matches, they have never feuded (except in the WCW days), and they started off in the Elimination Chamber last month together, and put together some good moves.

Besides, I'm sick of not knowing who Jericho's WM opponent will be. They need to announce it already, to give it build. If they had put him with Rey to start with, they could have given weeks of build.

Jericho could call Rey a hypocrite, as he hides his face behind a "mask". He could suspect that rey wears a mask because he has something to hide, therefore he is not honest, like his fans, according to Jericho.

Rey wouldn't really fit into the whole legends thing though unless Jericho attacked Mysterio Sr. in name or something. But sadly it looks like Jericho is gonna be paired up with Flair. I just don't think that match will be very good. Plus its ruining last years sendoff which I was at. I'd like to continue to be able to say I saw Flair's last match in person. But it looks like I won't. Now for Mysterio I also see him facing JBL for the IC title. Maybe involving Kozlov as well. Like a Triple Threat Match.

Honestly, who cares? Rey, in my opinion, sucks. His in ring ability has gone down hill and his gimmick is boring. His finisher is one of the worst i have seen. I used to have some respect for him. Maybe if he would do something new. Turn heel, that would be great. Until then, he is a nobody. I think the WWE needs to turn some of the faces in the company heel (Rey, Cena, Michaels). When was the last time we saw any of them heel? Quite a while! To stay on the topic, Rey does not deserve to go to Wrestlemania. Maybe he can might in a dark match against Knox.

Exactly, he was a novelty, and the novelyty has run it's course.

if it is ray vs jbl it would be a total discrase for ray to beat jbl it is a shame that kane or knox dont just break is neck and get rid of that midget for good he sucked 10 years ago and he sucks now

There is no way that Mysterio will not be a part of Mania 25 unless WWE is that stupid. I think somehow Rey will become a part of the MITB. His thing with Knox is pretty much over and Knox will probably have Evan Bourne to contend with once he comes back. Remember, Knox further injured Bourne's ankle and prolonged his return. The other way they may include Rey in Mania is to bring back the Cruiserweight title and have a battle royal or something to determine a new champion. However, if they are going to do that, they'd better hurry up and get the build-up started.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back