• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

What will WrestleMania have in store for Rey Mysterio?

Status
Not open for further replies.

SpoodBeest

City Dweller, Successful Fella
This is just a question I have for you fellow posters on here. Since we are officially on the "road to WM" I was wondering what you see Rey Mysterio doing at the event.

Personally I see him competing in the MITB this year. I thought he was a shoe-in for last year's but I guess it wasn't meant to be. Not to mention this year his options seem to be limited so this is an obvious choice.

Anyway what other scenarios do you see Mysterio playing into? Perhaps be involved in the world title match? Another match with Batista? Who knows...

I am just curious is all, as Mysterio's place at this year's WM seems to be questionable right now, we can discuss the role he may fill at the event.

a lot of people are talking about a CM Punk vs Mysterio match...maybe some type of Hair vs Mask match

MITB would be a step down for him....normally that's for ppl just below the Main Event level (such as Kingston, Miz, Morrisson, etc).

Thats exactly what I was thinking, taking on CM Punk in a Hair vs. Mask match. But I dont know how they would build it, seeing as they did like 2-3 Mask matches last year with Chris Jericho.

Yeah i've been hearing that it might be CM Punk VS Rey Mysterio mask vs hair match. I also think that the Money In The Bank Should be for people who never been a world champion so I don't really see him being in the MITB so if they do have CM Punk vs Rey Mysterio would be a good match because last time they fought I think it was on Raw in 2008 or 2009 was a very good match.

maybe he could have a Fatal Four Way for the WWE title. Cena wins at EC, Edge challenges Cena at Rumble, Batista defeats Taker to get into the match, and Mysterio defeats Jericho in a Mask vs Mania match. Cena vs Edge vs Mysterio vs Batista for WWE Title
Hopefully HBK could win the MITB to use against Taker. He could win it vs Kofi, Bourne, Shelton, Punk, and R-Truth or a group like that

I don't recall ever seeing Rey compete in a ladder match but like someone said before, it would be a step down for him as MITB is usually reserved for midcarders. Anyway, it would be interesting to see him compete against Punk in a Hair vs Mask match but I don't see his feud with Batista ending anytime soon so I think that match has a better chance of happening. The feud has been building for some time already and I don't know how they would build Rey vs Punk. Only time will tell.

I agree that Rey will most likely end up in a program with CM Punk (at least that's the rumor). I think it's good for both of them. I think it's inevitable that Punk will have his head shaved, and since Rey doesn't really have anything going on (he's not going to fight for a world title, and Batista is going into something with Cena), why not let he and Punk have this match. I think it's a good idea.

My only problem with a hair vs. mask match is that it will be incredibly predictable, almost painfully predictable. Rey Mysterio's identity has become his mask and losing his mask would likely be the end of his career and I doubt he is there right now, I know he's at the end but I think he has a year or so left. It would be a good match though I just think that the suspense of a hair vs mask match would be lost

They could start the feud by having CM Punk try and convert Rey. He could say that Rey is using his mask as a metaphor for his life. He hides behind his mask the way he hides behind the use of drugs and alcohol and try and convince him that he needs to take off his mask so he can finally be free. When Rey refuses CM Punk can be more aggressive. He can even attack him back stage and steal his mask, or while Rey has a match jump in and steal the mask ( I saw Eddie do it in a match back in WCW) it wouldn't be too difficult to start this feud

I'm not entirely sure of what he's going to do at Mania. I doubt he'll in the main event or in any title matches. The only one I can see him in are the MITB match or match with another upper midcarder. Personally I would love to see Punk vs Mysterio at it. I think that they could tear the house down even with a card that looks to be pretty good if everything goes to plan. Lets hope that WWE pushed that feud as it would very well. Unlike some people though I wouldn't want it to be a Hair Vs Mask match as we know that Mysterio won't lose the mask although I think he would as seen in WCW when it happened but Vince wouldn't do that. Anyway I still think it would be a great match and a good feud.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back