• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Will Goldberg Ever Return to WWE?

I am Mr. Excitement

Occasional Pre-Show
To me i dont know why alot of people dislike goldberg. When i was little i used to watch wcw i wasnt a big fan because I was little and stupid, but i always liked Bill Goldberg. I stopped watching wrestling for awhile and when i heard Goldberg debuted in WWE i started watching WWE. He obviously had the fued with HHH and Brock Lesnar (good build-up but terrible match). But i could see Goldberg comming back maybe this year or next and maybe having another match either with Taker which would be awesome or vs Stone Cold (the match we never got to see for long time fans) the match would obviously have to take place at WrestleMania.

But what do u think, would u like to see Goldberg come back for another match?

What would be a good fued for him to be in if he returns?

Thought, Opinions, Discuss..

Really only depends on if he still cares about WWE or not, because Goldberg came back for the fans a long time ago...but since, hasn't been willing to return.

It's a long-shot...I don't seem him coming at the time being.

I definitely see him coming back. Now whether it's in a few years remains to be seen. I think his window is beginning to close he isn't that young anymore and he is starting to get up there in age. The matches you mentioned I like they seem like the two most popular choices and the best ones for him to face. There really isn't many money matches for him to have anymore besides Undertaker and Stone Cold. I did always want to see him face Angle but that looks like that will never happen.

He's not coming back. I still can't believe WCW never gave him back the title. Idiots.

If he did come back, I'd like to see him destroy cena. But Berg is too old and rusty now. Vince won't sign him.

I probably would not want to see him back. It's not like I'm simply saying "No, screw him. I never want to see him again.", I just wouldn't have an interest in seeing it.

I think my opinion is more biased as I didn't get to watch him when he was Goldberg in WCW. I watched him in his WWE years. Even as a kid, I found him boring. His matches to me were always sloppy, nothing special, and unexciting. First to come to mind is him vs. HHH. Now Triple H's matches are never anything to die for without a No DQ or special gimmick implication, so I understand that.

And how Goldberg left WWE was pathetic. That match, Lesnar vs. Goldberg was one of the most disastrous letdowns for me as a kid. I wanted to see the two powerhouses go at it, and I just didn't get that.

So if I had to choose between yes and no, I wouldn't full out say "NO!", I'd just have a "ehh...whatever" to his return.

I don't think WWE wants to touch him and I don't think he wants to go to WWE. Goldberg is the millenium version of Warrior. He doesn't want to do anything good for business. Just like Warrior he was given a meteoric push and it went to his head. Bill Goldberg is smart enough to live off of his own hype and milked his push outside of wrestling as much as possible. If he went to WWE it would be to put over younger talent and nothing else. He's almost 46 years old and offers very little to the business now. I admit that his run with WWE at FIRST was neat but got boring very fast.

I watched a video a while back where Goldberg was asked by a fan if he was going to return and he stated he was. Obviously that hasn't led any where but that is a sign of hope for ones who would like to see him return. I have really wanted to see Goldberg vs Undertaker at Wrestlemania for a long time. This would truly be a dream match and a great opponent for Undertaker. I have a feeling it is more unlikely for him to return but you never know. I do know he has lost a lot of weight and muscle and looks a lot smaller compared to before.
There is very few opponents i would want to see him face. This list includes Undertaker, Stone Cold, John Cena, Sheamus.

Yea I dont see Bill even wanting to come back nor Vince seek interest in Goldberg. Who will he even face? Theres really no point in bringin him back. On side note him going to TNA doesnt sound to bad.

I wish he would come back. Still one of my all time favorites. His early days in WCW with "The Streak" were freaking awesome. So was his early WWE days.

I think i remember him saying on Twitter somewhat recently that he would NOT return to WWE and had a few choice words for them.

Hopefully that can be put in the past. I just dont know who he could feud with. Goldberg isnt a character who puts over someone.. I dont want to see him job to someone. If he comes back, I want him to dominate as a face. Just like he is meant to do.

I really hope he doesn't. To me, getting that 'one last match' at Wrestlemania is an honor and moment that should be reserved to for the individuals that truly brought something to WWE, and that have had a true passion for the business. Goldberg simply doesn't fit in to either of those categories. His WWE run was an absolute disaster, capped off with his humiliating and disgraceful match at WM with Lesnar (who owns a huge stake in the failure of that match as well). Anyone that truly respected his fans, and the wrestling business would have done everything imaginable to make their last match memorable. For that alone, and the disrespect he's shown pro wrestling since leaving it, I don't feel Goldberg deserves anything.

All that aside, he's long removed from the wrestling mainstream. He never reached the level of an HBK, Rock, or Austin in WWE. I don't think the majority of fans would invest much, or really care about him coming back.

I've seen that a lot of people would like to see him face Undertaker. No way! Goldberg was always at best, a sloppy wrestler, at his worst flat out dangerous. If I was Vince or WWE I'd never put him in the ring with Taker, at his age and with his injury issues, given that Goldberg would have ring rust on top of his inherent sloppy ring work. His only money match would be against Austin, and no way in hell would anyone buy in to, or want to see Goldberg beat Austin..so where is the suspense in that.

Let sleeping dogs lay, and let Goldberg do whatever it is he does, as far away from WWE as possible.

I've seen that video, too, LeviCook. While it obviously hasn't materialized yet I know that someone could also go out and find interviews with Goldberg stating he'd like another match. He says his kids are older now and he thought it'd be cool for them to see what their dad did. While he is getting up there in age, his body hasn't taken the kind of extended abuse that Undertaker, Foley, or Flair and they're still healthy enough for at least one match here and there.

I'd be ecstatic to see Goldberg hit the ring, personally. The Goldberg character was a favorite to many and I know he can do better than that last match with Lesnar. I couldn't deny a guy like Goldberg another chance to end his in ring career with a classic. But hey, that's just my opinion. Best regards, wrestling fans.

I don't think WWE wants to touch him and I don't think he wants to go to WWE. Goldberg is the millenium version of Warrior. He doesn't want to do anything good for business. Just like Warrior he was given a meteoric push and it went to his head. Bill Goldberg is smart enough to live off of his own hype and milked his push outside of wrestling as much as possible.

Except the difference between Goldberg and Warrior is that many in the industry acknowledge Goldberg being a nice guy and generally like him while everyone in the industry hates the Warrior.

I guess that is the difference between Goldberg and Warrior, I do believe Goldberg has enough friends in the industry (like Austin) to be brought back eventually. Sure Goldberg was never passionate about the industry and he's all about the money. But if the WWE is willing to cough up enough money for Goldberg to return short term, I don't see why not.

If it includes a HOF induction and a WM payday. I don't think even Goldberg will turn that down.

I don't see him coming back. Have you seen recent photos of the guy? He lost like a hundred pounds of muscle mass.
But even if he trained like a maniac and got them back, it's obvious he and the WWE didn't get along well. He didn't fit in in that world.

And from a personal standpoint: I don't want to see him back. I wasn't a big fan to begin with and I don't think he ever really understood or appreciated the business anyway. He was a mutation that came out of the WCW machine and never really had his head screwed on straight due to the poisonous environment he grew up in there.

[YOUTUBE]WCP_P_hvw88[/YOUTUBE]
0:32 Guess that's not happenin

I really don't see how they would work him in. Wouldn't put past an Scsa vs berg match but I don't know anyone that would want to see that at this point.

I hope not. He had his time as a made man in WCW. There's nothing for him to do in WWE at this point. I saw a picture of him not too long ago and it looks like he's aging well but no where near wrestling quality, even by today's standards. I just don't think he would draw much attention at this point.

I highly doubt that we ever see Goldberg in another wrestling match with the WWE again for one main reason. During his first stint with the company, he burned a TON of bridges, namely with McMahon and HHH (two people you don't want to cross on the business side of things), and left on rather bad terms. From what I've heard, it wasn't a very amicable split, and as mentioned, he got a bad rap in the WWE for being notoriously hard to work with, especially on the creative end of things. I don't think the WWE brass wants him back or thinks he deserves to come back for all the hassle that he gave them. I'm sure his WCW roots don't help much either. Vince has been known to forgive "WWE originals" when he smells paydirt, but he isn't as forgiving when it comes to "outsiders" (like Goldberg). One more Goldberg match may be a draw, but I don't think it's likely to happen. Goldberg would demand a win, and why would the WWE want to bring back a hard guy to work with just so one of their regular employees can job to him? Goldberg's isolated himself from a lot of opporunities in pro wrestling and will never be on good terms with the WWE again. As it stands, I don't see it happening.

I wouldn't have any interest in seeing Goldberg return to the WWE. Quite frankly, I think the whole "streak" gimmick in WCW wasn't handled that well. They built him up so high, that there was no where to go but down for him. I thought the match between him and Hollywood Hogan (where he beat Hogan) was awful and his feud with Bret Hart was uninteresting and seemed like a further attempt by WCW to bury Bret.

The only way I could see the WWE bringing Goldberg back is if he were still in the mainstream conscious somehow. But it seems like he is just a one-hit wonder. Oh... and the match with Lesnar notwithstanding.:wtf:

He never reached the level of an HBK, Rock, or Austin in WWE. I don't think the majority of fans would invest much, or really care about him coming back.

Totally disagree with your first statement here. In the late 90's, Goldberg was more over than either The Rock or Stone Cold. Over enough to openly challenge Austin on an epidode of the tonight show....which WWE declined. Goldberg in 99 was as popular and as over as any wrestler has been - EVER. WCW just didn't maintain the momentum.

Your second point is quite valid. Today's fans, the majority at least, aren't familiar with Goldberg's WCW run. All they know was the waste case that was his WWE run that Triple H orchestrated to be a disaster.

All that being said, Goldberg is about 1/3 the size he used to be, is older now and is into TV shows. He won't ever wrestle again.

the storyline was never finished with goldberg and hogan

golberg lost, give the title back to hogan and have goldberg smash a bunch of heals tell he got the wcw world heavyweight title back

I'm sure Goldberg would return if the price was right. A while back, I read reports on various sites that said Goldberg and WWE were in talks for a potential return. I don't know if the reports were entirely accurate or backstage gossip, but the talks allegedly fell through. I have a feeling that Goldberg would probably want the sun and stars for a "one more match" type of return and he's definitely not worth it in my view.

I was never a fan of Goldberg for the most part. Once you took him out of his 2 minute squash matches, which is what the considerable majority of his matches were during his days of glory in WCW, it was clear to see just how limited Goldberg was. Goldberg had a great look and a genuine physical presence, I'll give the guy that. Aside from that, he just didn't have much going for him. However, the way he was booked and the way he & his undefeated streak were constantly hyped helped to make Goldberg look much better than he actually was. Put him in a match that went more than 5 minutes, it could be painful to watch sometimes. Once WCW ended Goldberg's streak, he mostly became just another guy on the roster. The armor of invincibility that drew people to him was shattered and what was left simply wasn't much.

I can say that I wouldn't particularly want Goldberg back. It's been nearly a decade since we last saw him wrestle and I don't think his return would have quite as much of an impact as some believe. As much as some would hate to admit this, possibly even Goldberg himself, he wasn't on the same level as a Stone Cold or The Rock in terms of star power, longevity and what they've ultimately meant to the wrestling audience over the course of the past 15 years. Goldberg has been gone for too long with nothing whatsoever to do with wrestling.

As much as The Streak built Goldberg up, it was also his downfall. I think WCW could have handled the Goldberg character much better. Maybe not since WCW wasn't the best at creating good storylines, even when they were winning the ratings war.

But lets not forget: Goldberg was not a wrestler. You can't expect someone with poor in-ring work to carry a company or be a long term player. I certainly don't think his talents were HOF worthy, either.

I'd love to see Goldberg return if he is in good shape like the Rock, sure. I really wanted to see him vs. Austin but that never worked out... too late now I think but I always liked him in WCW and WWE minus his last match with Brock. :banghead:

Ok here is my take on this. I loved watching Goldberg back in 97 when he was in WCW squashing people. Back then he was the man in WCW. Now though i dont want the WWE to waste younger talent to put him over with the WWE crowd or to push him for a storyline. The WWE has far to many young TALENTED untapped guys who could be used the same way they would use Goldberg. Skip Sheffield is one guy and IMO is a far better in ring worker than Goldberg ever was. He is just as Big as Goldberg was just as strong he just doesnt have the name yet. Its WWE's job to get a guy like him or Mason Ryan over. In Mason Ryans case he needs to improve his work in the ring but the look is there the power is there its just he has to put it all together.

You've got big Zeke who could be another Ron Simmons or Ahmad Johnson for the WWE. Zeke though is another guy who needs to get better in the ring and needs the right gimmick and push to get him over with the crowd. I dont want to see a mid 40's year old Goldberg who simply isnt what he used to be. Goldberg was never good in the ring he was just fun to watch cause he squashed people had an awesome entrance and was super intense. Put him in the ring now could be a disaster.

I fail to see no place for Goldberg in the wrestling world right now let alone WWE or hell even TNA. WWE are in a phase where Big Guys are not the IT factor right now, which for once is nice to see. As for Goldberg being a former WCW talent, well if he wanted his swangsong in the wrestling business he should have stuck around for a little while longer while former WCW talent was relevant, I mean who do we have actively competing in WWE right now that is a former WCW marquee name?

I would have no problem with Goldberg coming back but I just do not know if it will happen.

When he came back last time, he put aside his ego and his hatred of the WWE more or less for "one last big run" and a chance to appease his fans.

I liked Goldberg in WCW and his title loss and not returning to the main event scene can almost single-handedly be pointed to as the beginning of the end for that company.

He is not great in the ring ... he is okay on the stick ... but there is something about him. Just and it factor that some guys have. I would love to see it done right with a good feud here and there for one last run ... but I just don't know if he needs, or cares enough to give it to us.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back