• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Will CM Punk show up oN RAW next week from Chicago?

Rich the UK WWE Fan 2k14

Pre-Show Stalwart
Topic.

I personally doubt it, although I'm sure members of the IWC in the crowd will spend the entire night chanting his name,

To be honest though, these people seriously need to get the fuck over their precious CM Punk, he left, it happened, deal with it.

It's not like he couldn't go back to TNA once his 90 day no compete clause expires, he's been there before.

While I understand what you are saying, you are being kind of pigheaded about it. Yes, its true he left, but I really don't think anyone but him and Vince are sure if he's coming back or not. The higher ups at WWE seem to think its a certainty, and I'm sure they are in the know more than the IWC.
If he comes back, that's great! If he doesn't, that's his decision. Either way, I don't think it'll happen at RAW on Monday. Maybe it'll be teased, but I don't think there will be a pay off.
As for TNA, Punk will NEVER wrestle there again, He has said as much. He doesn't need the money, and he has made jokes about them being an Indy fed. He may make appearances at ROH, but again, that seems doubtful. I think he's WWE or nothing.
That said, he hasn't been released from his contract with WWE, so the 90 day no-compete clause isn't even applicable in this situation.
As Vince said on the last conference call "He's on sabatical, let's leave it at that."

I want to be the first to tell you Welcome,but this is not how you do a thread my friend.A better title for this would be "The IWC needs to get over Punk." But you need to put more than simply "I don't think so" and then go off.You need to put why you don't.I don't think this is a work for one because WWE would have mentioned it on the web and TV.Thanks,anyway though.

I really dont see the issue with cm punk, some fans need to wake the fu** up, he walked out on you, meaning he dont give a sh*t about you.

Theres many wrestlers who are not in the spotlight, but they still show up and work for the fans, cm punk is a selfish idiot who doesnt deserve the love and respect of the fans.

I'm not entirely too sure, but it's not out of the question.

Think about whenever Austin walked out on the company, they were burying him on tv. The same thing is not happening with Punk now.

Vince still wants Punk with the company, so I think he will do everything in his power to get Punk back for RAW. The reaction Punk would pull in his hometown will be surreal! Punk could come out during a segment with the less than stellar WWE Championship. As of now, there is no clear face in the title picture. With Punk, he could add intrigue.

According to a report I read on wrestlinginc.com today, originally reported by PWInsider.com, that the odds are heavily against Punk being there.

The report alleges that people spoke to CM Punk in Las Vegas this past weekend, while he was attending UFC 170, say he was really non-committal about his status with WWE and treated it as though it's something in his past and has moved on. So, take that for what it's worth.

The fact that he hasn't been outright buried on WWE television, or that WWE has yet to make any sort of address on Punk's status beyond Vince saying that he's on "sabbatical" prior to giving WWE's financial report for 2013 suggests that Punk isn't truly gone. However, I sincerely doubt Punk will be on the show in Chicago and, as a result, I think the best chance WWE has of taking some of the hostility out of them will be to produce a pretty hot show that features a lot of The Shield, Cesaro, Daniel Bryan, some others and do some hot follow up on The Undertaker vs. Brock Lesnar program.

There's gonna be CM Punk chants regardless and I don't think anyone really expects him to be there. I'm sure there are some hoping for the slim possibility to become reality, but I think that's as far as it goes. If they're willing to pay money to come to an event just to chant CM Punk all night knowing that there's probably better odds that Michael Jordan will come out of retirement to play for the Bulls than for Punk to show up, then let 'em. I won't be watching Raw to listen to/hear what they're chanting anyhow, so they'll be the ones looking like idiots chanting for a wrestler all night they're almost certain won't be there.

Chicago and CM Punk go hand in hand don't they? I unfortunately don't see CM Punk being in Chicago,that is a very sad reality but its been that way for a time now.. I read the same report as JH did,i dont expect to see CM Punk on Mon Night raw,or anytime soon..

If reports are true,that he thinks the WWE is something in his past,then it is what it is i suppose.. I again,dont blame him for doing what he has done,there is only so much one can take.. So More Daniel Bryan,Cesaro,the Shield,Taker,Brock etc should be more than enough in Chicago this mon night

According to a report I read on wrestlinginc.com today, originally reported by PWInsider.com, that the odds are heavily against Punk being there.

The report alleges that people spoke to CM Punk in Las Vegas this past weekend, while he was attending UFC 170, say he was really non-committal about his status with WWE and treated it as though it's something in his past and has moved on. So, take that for what it's worth.

The fact that he hasn't been outright buried on WWE television, or that WWE has yet to make any sort of address on Punk's status beyond Vince saying that he's on "sabbatical" prior to giving WWE's financial report for 2013 suggests that Punk isn't truly gone. However, I sincerely doubt Punk will be on the show in Chicago and, as a result, I think the best chance WWE has of taking some of the hostility out of them will be to produce a pretty hot show that features a lot of The Shield, Cesaro, Daniel Bryan, some others and do some hot follow up on The Undertaker vs. Brock Lesnar program.

There's gonna be CM Punk chants regardless and I don't think anyone really expects him to be there. I'm sure there are some hoping for the slim possibility to become reality, but I think that's as far as it goes. If they're willing to pay money to come to an event just to chant CM Punk all night knowing that there's probably better odds that Michael Jordan will come out of retirement to play for the Bulls than for Punk to show up, then let 'em. I won't be watching Raw to listen to/hear what they're chanting anyhow, so they'll be the ones looking like idiots chanting for a wrestler all night they're almost certain won't be there.

But, don't you think Punk shrugging it off at the UFC event mean that he is just keeping it really secretive? I personally think Vince and Punk have some sort of deal made. He could possibly sign as late as Monday just before RAW. We will have to wait and see. If Punk does return, it would HAVE to be Monday.

They've been saying he's been burnt out for a while, well this is exactly what he's doing now. Resting, relaxing. So when the time comes for his contract to end, he'll be ready to go and renew. It's what I've always thought anyways.

For me, best thing they can run is the empty front row seat gimmick... If he shows up there, great.. if not leave a seat all show and have Barrett come out to hs music and break "the bad news"...that he bought the ticket...

It's now almost TOO obvious for him to come back in Chicago, but if the Hogan reaction wasn't what was needed then I guess they have to go with it.

I doubt it, otherwise WWE wouldn't have went all out putting together Shield vs. Wyatt Fam II on RAW instead of Wrestlemania. Also, they have that special guest host for Need For Speed. I know WWE will be glad to get past this show

I'd love an appearance, but personally if I was in control of everything I'd have him come back and scold the fans for their attitudes lately. He'd explain he needed to rest and that he wasn't sent home and can come back as long as he's got a contract and that they should stop chanting him ring name in matches of other performers because that's how they get buried, for not getting the fans to care.

That said, He'll be absent again and I don't want him back if he's still burned out. He needs is rest.

They should kick off the show with CM Punk's music and then have Triple H and Stephanie come out.... That would incite a riot

Therefore it won't happen, WWE doesn't need the IWC to start a riot on RAW.

But those people need to do 3 things anyway, namely GTFO, STFU and generally go over there and fuck themselves, Punk left, he's gone, it happened, deal with it.

we had two possible scenario
1. CM Punk open the show. All problem solved.
2. No more CM Punk. WWE have a problem.

They open the show with Daniel Bryan and challenge a match against HHH at wm30. HHH made a gaunlet match, if he wins then the match happened. They put an hour match with Bryan.

They put Wyatt Family vs Shield for half an hour.

They increase the volume of commentators and reduce the crowd voice.

No batista and john cena for the show.

Brock and Taker segment

Close the show.

They move on.

If the fans get too rowdy, WWE really only has one solution: Troll them. Once things get too out of hand, WWE can hit Punk's music. The place will go insane! Out comes Bad News Barrett. "I'm afraid I've got some bad news...." Barrett goes on to inform the crowd that, despite their whining, CM Punk willingly chose to leave and crying isn't going to bring him back.

The other, more serious option, would be prior to the show, if things are getting out of hand, send out Vince McMahon. He can then inform the crowd of the actual situation and see if that helps. I think right now most fans just don't like being left in the dark. Vince can tell them this was totally Punk's decision and that he's resting injuries and just needed a break. They can boo, chant and disrupt the show all they want, but the show must go on. He can ask that they try to enjoy it, but are welcome to a refund since Punk isn't there. That could possibly keep some of them in check, but who knows.

Either way, this Monday's Raw should be exciting to watch unfold.

This is going to be a train wreck and I can't wait. Chicago is always vocal and they are going to let WWE decision makers know exactly what they think. You can try tossing us a bone by trotting out Hogan, Taker, Brock but I see a 3 hour CM Punk chant happening. HBK and Jericho are even in town doing autographs shows this weekend and I wouldn't be surprised if they were both trotted out on Raw to try to distract the fans from their CM Punk love. Overall, the energy in the building is going to be awesome and should make for a great event

Wrestlemania is just over a month from now, and I am looking forward to the Chicago RAW big time!

WWE will probably try to give give PPV worthy matches,lMO, and will probably have their most over superstars in huge segments to keep the fans busy.

Also, we all will find out if Punk is going to be at Mania or not. If his name is mentioned, even if he himself doesn't appear, unless it is trolling by a heel, then there is hope that his situation is a work and he will return at some point whether pre/post-Mania.

Expect Batista to go full heel as well.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back