• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Why the Rookies?

mojmass

Feed Me More
We have some part timer in WWE most of them legends and there is no argue about them being part timer some of them are old (like the Undertaker) some them are busy (like the Rock) some of them wrestled enough in their life (like Brock Lesnar) and so on...
But what about the newbies? the former rookies who turned into pros the shield, big E langston? why should they be part timer? (by part timer I mean rarely wrestling) they are in the beginning of their career and haven't shown what they really got inside the ring and don't tell me about the shield match at TLC that was hardly a wrestling match it was absolute chaos they didn't have a good chance to show themselves one by one and fair (but I have to say a perfect team work).
So would you like to see them wrestle more and show themselves effectively (like the newcomer BO Dallas) rather than beating every face in WWE randomly?

I think in the case of Big E. Langston his character is mostly a bodyguard for Dolph Ziggler at the moment. For The Shield it's to help build up the anticipation for when the babyfaces finally do get their hands on them in a real match. I do agree though they should be getting more actual matches.

Unless you're willing to watch Nxt on hulu where Seth Rollins was champ and Big E was/is champ, it's just simply what WWE is doing with their characters. Big E is a body guard type of role. The Shield are a semi-freshing group of thugs. I'm sure each of them can wrestle just fine.. well I know Rollins is good and Ambrose has nothing but good things about him. I'm sure this year you'll see more of them.

I'd say it's just a matter of time before The Shield members start wrestling on a more regular basis. The WWE has taken time to build them up as both a threat and a presence on WWE television with their video messages and frequent attacks on top stars on the roster. Now that it's been revealed that The Shield was "working" with CM Punk & Paul Heyman, I believe we'll be seeing more of The Shield as part of the regular roster who participates in matches and promos inside the ring. I do think they've ultimately gone as far as they can with the currently limited roles they've had.

As for Big E. Langston, the bodyguard role suits him right now. Unlike The Shield, Langston is someone that doesn't have a ton of experience. His role as a bodyguard for Ziggler keeps him on television, puts him in a prominent spot with one of the top heels in the company and helps him to develop a presence. He probably still needs work inside the ring and, eventually, he'll move into a more standard role as well.

Well with Big E i see him beeing used like the "Diesel" if i remember right. Diesel did not wrestle that mutch when he was brought in for HBK. And, thats why i see ziggy/big E/AJ a little as HBK/diesel/sherri thing (even though sherri was never with them at the same time?)

The Shield wil get more ring time as this storry goes on we saw really get a kick this monday

What a odd thing to complain about Olando.

Back to the topic: they are "Part Timers" because that is their role. I am assuming you're talking about guys who are on TV a lot & hardly ever wrestle. Cuz you can make a case that half the WWE roster are part timers. If I am not mistaken all WWE talent are used at house shows. It's been 10 years since I've been to one so I'm not 100% but I heard the Shield wrestle at those shows. It is funny to think tho that Bo Dallas has been in the Rumble & had a match with Wade Barrett. So in two nights he has had more TV matches than the shield.

I want Ambrose / Rollins as the Tag Team Champions & Roman Reigns as the IC Champ one day. & I think that day is close not far.

They're not really rarely wrestling. They wrestle on NXT, they Wrestle on house shows.They just aren't as prominent because of this. The Shield play a intelligent group of thugs. They don't need to wrestle but it has them on the main roster, getting them exposure in a very good way. They're making a mark and getting over much more at the moment destroying everyone that gets in their way than they would by wrestling. In a match none of them would pin the likes of Sheamus, Orton, Cena, Ryback and if they did it wouldnt be consistent victories against that kind of star power.

Big E still has a lot to learn. IMO i was very shocked to see him brought up because he is quite green still and a good number of guys who are far more solid in the ring than him down in NXT. But his character is being used well. He's getting himself known rather than debuting and having certain flaws exposed.

I am really into the way the shield is being booked. It's a real story line that will have bigger long term payoffs. giving them squash matches or getting them pinned by top stars would make them like everyone else on the roster. sando losingin a few minutes to hell no is not their fate. when they finally have matches they will be a big deal. These three guys were chosen for the shield for a reason. They are the future. Rollins is great to watch on NXT. All longer matches, definitely worth checking out.

Bo is being given his shot. It's up to him to make the most of it. he will get a couple promos and matches with barrett. if the crowd gets behind him, hes the next cesaro. if not, hes tensai

There's no need to rush with these guys, that's why.

The Royal Rumble was WWEs first step on the road to Mania, but they've been trying to figure out what to do with Manias card for a while now, hence the lacklustre past couple of months.

Mania is their showcase and a chance to bring out the biggest names for the most amount of buys possible. The rookies do not figure highly with this.
The Shield may find themselves on the card but WWE are going to invest more time and attention on the story lines with the bigger stars to draw maximum interest in the build up to Mania.

The rookies have time on their side to become stars but while they continue to build, Vince is going to go to the money-making well.

Give it time, with Big E, I think WWE is trying to 'hide' any flaws he might have by having him be "Mr. Hughes" right now....in time he will get more ring time.

I want the Shield to wrestle, I think it's been too long for WWE denying the fans to see what these "young upstarts" are made of.

If ANYTHING: Let Roman Reigns pick someone up by HIMSELF!! Let Ambrose cut a solo promo, he's "so damn good". Let them be what they were hyped to be...WWE's future.

I am struggling to see what your issue is? Is it that the new guys are being selectively used? or that they are wrestling light schedules?

If anything they are likely to be on harsher schedules as many are still gonna be based at Full Sail and will only just be getting used to the "go round" of the regular WWE travel schedule, that in itself can cause problems. They pushed Brock to the moon only to find he couldn't handle the travel... veteran guys have the big buses and the like but it's a trade. To throw those not used to it into the full schedule means you could have another guy get to the top and rather be on his farm or they go straight onto the road and fall into bad habits. Protecting them early is good sense.

Look back 25 years and where Big E is you had Hercules and 20 Diesel... equally green and used in the same way as a bodyguard initially and growing into a wrestling role on house shows.

Bo Dallas is being used much as the 1-2-3 Kid, Randy Orton and Rocky Maivia were, bring them in under a big push, get the inevitable backlash out of the way and rebuild them.

The Shield, WWE learned from their mistakes with bringing in previous groups. With the Nexus, they were used too much as one unit right away, so the individuals struggled to stand out. That's why guys like Tarver and even for a time Skip Sheffield looked doomed and guys like Bryan and Barrett who either were not invovled or who got the lead focus blossomed. Same happened with The Radicalz, the focus went to Benoit, then Eddie and Malenko and Saturn were nowhere...

WWE's verdict on the Shield guys will be out, so they brought them in as a unit and use them sparingly so they can grow, learn and trust me - Ambrose will stand out over time, but the other 2 will then also not suffer in his shadow. They're banking on all 3 being big names so it's in their interests to keep them mysterious and "must see" for as long as possible.

I don't know for certain but I have some ideas:

1. It's a pretty full roster right now. Who gets knocked down a peg if these guys start their singles or tag team push? Maybe WWE is till waiting to decide who gets bumped.

2. This was what how their storylines were meant to develop all along.

3. They're hot enough without going in to singles competition.

4. They're hot enough without going in to singles competition and the WWE doesn't see much potential in them as singles competitors.

I think #1 and #4 are the most likely. WWE has guys like Cesaro, Ryback and Barrett that are getting attention or maybe WWE doesn't see a lot in these guys in the long run so they team them up as long as they can. Once their momentums significantly wanes, WWE pulls the plug on their current roles and throws them in low and mid-card feuds.

They have too many rookies coming up who are bland cookie cutters, they need to get back to having unique people

The thing when you are looking for new "stars" is you have to let everyone "be a star" and the cream will rise to the top. Giving some a better push than others is pretty much a recipie for disaster but going back to when Kofi/Dolph debuted pretty much everyone has had the same push at the start, as in they all start strong and it's even more pronounced in the last year. A lot of guys have gone strong from day one while some like Tensai and Brodus tailed off... the upshot is you now have Kofi, Dolph, Barrett, Bryan, Cesaro and Ryback as legit stars... not main eventers yet, but that's a lot of stars for a 3 year period...arguably a better return than in the last 20 years.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back