Mismatched Pros and Rookies

The Gribbler

Gribble me this, Gribble me that...
Okay, just a random comment I feel like posting here:

The rookies and pros on NXT seem to be randomly thrown together, like they simply drew some names out of a hat and got stuck with who they drew.

Do you think it would have been more...prudent to match people up with rookies that suited their gimmick?

Or is the mismatch a good thing? Adding variety?

I just feel that a person who is training to be a cocky heel would benefit more by hanging with the Miz. Being up close and personal with someone who you could somewhat base your own character around would help more.

Although it limits the confrontations between the rookies and their pros.

Opinions?

I actually feel that the mixes that have been made currently are just perfect.
Because mixing people that all fits together gimmick and personality wise would make for boring television, because there would be absolutely no tension and feuding because "oh we all get along cause we're so alike"

Jericho and Wade gets along very nicely, because they're a good mix of personalities yes, and the same goes for Hardy and Gabriel.
But I don't think it would work if everybody just got along, the Miz and Bryan's tension and smaller feud is what adds a little excitement to NXT.
The same goes for Skip and Regal, sure they haven't exactly rubbed eachother the wrong way, but basicly we got a funny "mildly ******ed" kind of gimmick, mixed with this intellectual british uber class type, also great entertainment without a doubt.

So I'm actually quite happy with the current pairings on the NXT roster.

Reactions: TLC
Oh, no, I have to disagree, too-- I think that the mismatchings were completely intentional (i.e. not just random hat drawings) to make the storyline more intriguing.

Skip/Regal is a good example, like Ferbian said--simpleton Skip with intellectual Regal makes for funny culture clashes between the two. Another good one is CM Punk and Darren Young... "party boy" with stupid hair paired with party pooper who likes to shave heads... leaves me wondering what's going to happen next.

I think they did a pretty good job pairing everyone! Except maybe Tarver/Carlito. I don't know where that's going. But not because of personality clashes, just because Carlito has dropped so far recently.

I think it'd be a good learnin' experience for Young to be forced to shave his head or sumthing if he keeps getting the assist as a thank you to his mentor. lol

I think the mixing of pros/rookies has been pretty entertaining. I wouldn't like to see another cocky heel, like Otunga, with Miz. I think if you have a cocky heel paired with a total face, it gives the young heel an oppurtunity showcase just how good of a heel they can be. Without a face pro, a rookie heel wouldn't have anyone to have constant back-and-forth with. Same thing goes for a rookie face, and a pro heel. If Danielson didn't have Miz, would he be getting as over as he is right now? Sure, he is a fantastic wrestler, but I think his character would suffer a bit from not having the Miz there with him, Tuesday after Tuesday.

I look at Regal and Sheffield. They are polar opposites, in every way imaginable. Regal is playing the annoyed mentor role as well as it can be played, and Sheffield...well, he's just playing himself. The back-and-forth with the two of the is really funny, and Sheffield wouldn't have been able to have that kind of relationship with a face pro.

However, there are a few pairings I am not pleased with, and I think they could have gone with better pros. Christian/Slater would be a lot better if I didn't think that Slater wasn't all that good. I just don't see this kid as a big time star, or even low card wrestler in WWE. I don't think he has the look, or mic skills.

Matt Hardy and Justin Gabriel are a bad match as well, IMO. I think Gabriel is HURTING HARDY! I have never been a big Matt Hardy fan, but all bias aside, I think this kid is twice as talented as Matt Hardy ever was. He really has it all in the ring; technical skills, a good look, and can come of the top rope really well. Their aren't many guys who can do all three as well as this kid has so far. I also have to say that the Carlito/Tarver pairing is going nowhere, quick. These two get the least amount of hype, and I think that's because the WWE doesn't see Tarver really going anywhere.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back