Why The Brock Lesnar Award Should Be Renamed The Kurt Angle Award

Uncle Sam

Rear Naked Bloke
In relation to the Rookie of the Year award.

Now, the basic argument for this is that Brock Lesnar won more titles and shit. However, listen to my counterargument.

Firstly, Kurt Angle made his debut during a time when the main event in WWE was set. Brock Lesnar came during a time of flux. Angle synchronised with the rest of the main event with ease. Lesnar had to wait for others to be displaced.

And, primarily, do you want to encourage our beloved rookies to leave? A "there's the door" type of deal. That's what you're doing if you call it The Brock Lesnar award. They'll get an ego and betray us. If you call it the Kurt Angle award, it'll take a good five years for the winner to go batshit crazy and it'll only because his fingers will have broken down from all the fantastic posts they've done.

Case closed.

Either way it means the winner should at some point injure the boards equivalent of Hardcore Holly, so I say why not?

It has to be someone that's been here a while but is as bad as the day they came...

Hardcore Holly, that is.

Kurt Angle: Eurocontinental Champion, beat guys like Meat. Choked out by a midget named Tazz. Beat Jericho. Lost to Jericho and Benoit. Lost to the Big Show. Won King of the Ring. Lost to the Undertaker. Lost to Triple H and the Rock, and then beat the Rock.

Brock Lesnar: Beat the Hardys by himself, Won the King of the Ring, made Hulk Hogan pass out and bleed from his inside on national TV, beat the Rock for the Undisputed Championship, had a draw vs. the Undertaker before beating him in Hell in the Cell the next month, lost to the Big Show, before coming back and beating Big Show and winning the Royal Rumble in the same night, oh not to mention F-5ing the Big Show, then went on ahead and won the WWE title for a 2nd time during the Main Event match of Wrestlemania...

My case is closed.

Choose, "hero"!

Save the wrestler you love... or suffer the little children.

GreenGoblinMovie.jpg

I vote for whoever did the most damage to Holly, it's what the stiff bastard would've wanted.

So... you don't want me to give £15 to Children In Need? Your odds for rookie of the year are going down.

I give them money every year anyway.

And the rookie of the year thing, doesn't bother me if I win or not.

Broken Neck.. or Broken Arm.

I think I know which is more damaging. But still, I'd vote for Angle.

The thing is:

Brock made a major impact his rookie year in the WWE.

He has since made an impact his rookie year in the UFC.

Kurt has gone on to TNA.

I think its safe to say that the award being named after Brock is a lot better than Kurt.

As has been said, Brock tends to make more on an impact in his rookie year wherever he goes, well with the exception of the NFL

Lesnar>Angle

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back