Why Superstars?

Mighty NorCal

SHALL WE BEGIN?
and not just bring back Saturday Nights Main Event?

It has far more name recognition, and im sure WGN has nothing better on saturday nights. If they want to launch a new program, I think it would be abteer idea to play of a little name recognition (see ECW for an example). It appears as if this will be a fairly serious program based mostly around in ring stuff, which would be a good way of booking an "old school" show making a return.

Why the fuck not just bring back SNME? Would you guys like that better?

Although they completely ignored it on the broadcast, Superstars was the WWF's flagship show before Raw. It ran in various formats for about 15 years from 86-01. Plus I'm really sure but they may have some kind of contract with NBC for SNME. I think they were suppose to have done more of them but because of the poor ratings they havent. And Thursdays have a proven track record of being a good ratings night for Wrestling with Smackdown originally being on Thursdays, along with WCW Thunder and now TNA Impact.

I thought sat nit main was for just before WM for the past few years, guess its lack 2 a draw being PG now, why replace SNL with it is fruitless, the tweeeners are in bed

They are still having Saturday Night Main Event(s) sporadically aren't they? (Not sure on this)

Personally, I like the name Superstars, considering that is what we are supposed to be calling Wraslers these days. It fits into the whole design of Vince's WWE Universe. Can you imagine whats next? WWE Divas, the one hour show. WOOHOO, one hour of womens wrestling. Oh well. I am liking superstars, all action no talk.

and not just bring back Saturday Nights Main Event?

It has far more name recognition, and im sure WGN has nothing better on saturday nights. If they want to launch a new program, I think it would be abteer idea to play of a little name recognition (see ECW for an example). It appears as if this will be a fairly serious program based mostly around in ring stuff, which would be a good way of booking an "old school" show making a return.

Why the fuck not just bring back SNME? Would you guys like that better?

I like that idea. But they should have put Superstars on Sundays. That way they can use it as a lead in to the ppv's. I miss those days when Heat would be the pre-show for ppv's! Hey Vince :schild13:

I assume it's because the last couple of SMNE shows were colossal failures, maybe WWE think the name is dead. It was at the beginning of the 90's, if it wasn't then it would have been bough back sooner, you'd assume anyway.

By the way, I thought this was supposed to be a highlights show. If it's not then they should have one big match a week then Gabriel vs. Burchill style matches underneath.

I think that saturday just doesn't get enough ratings for wrestling, I wouldn't watch it. So unless you call it Thursday Nights Main Event the name has to be different. Thats just what I think.

Me don't mind. WWE needs this. This I think should over top RAW and all the rest. They could have dream, out of story line matches here. But, Saturday Night was never a good night for me any way.

I don't like the show. I think its just "fluff", and it looks to be just a way for WWE to get more television revenue...but that's just my opinion of the show. They record a match before each brand's show, so every week there will be a match for each brand. I honestly think WWE Superstars is overkill. I'm quite frankly not interested in seeing "matches", which is what Superstars (after its inaugural program) looks like it will offer each week. I much more prefer storyline and character development....but to each its own.

So to answer the OP. SNME would've been better, but I would much more prefer that they leave it at 5 hours of wrestling. They run the risk of over saturation with this program, and they are going to burn out their wrestlers.

SNME is exclusive to NBC. And while the recent ratings have been bad, the network recently re-worded the terms from being a SNME to offering two 1 hour long WWE "specials" a year. Tribute to the Troops last year was one (so it'll stay, the ratings were "eh"...but the cause behind it helps the network), and maybe a SNME might be a second.

The Superstars show that just aired is one step above what use to air when I was a kid, in-ring wise. But what's lacking is the character development that "Sup-80's" had. Promos, managers introducing their new guy, that's what hooked me then. I couldn't afford PPV's then. SNME was my PPV so Superstars was my Raw.

Remember what got over on that show: Piper's Pit (Snuka/Andre choking Hogan), The Barbershop (Superkick?), Snake Pit (Jake v. Taker), Rick Rude calling out Jake's wife..., Jake placing the cobra on Savage!

Stories is what you need.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back