• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Why no hate for Lesnar?

Brock doesn't get hate because he is probably the most unique guy in the business since The Undertaker.

He is a beast. An incredible physical specimen. His athleticism is off the charts. Ever since his debut as "The Next Big Thing", you just knew he was going to be a top guy. I don't think he was pushed too hard too soon at all. When you have something special like him, he shouldn't have to pay his dues, certainly not on TV. The WWE is a travelling circus. You need to take advantage of the allure of this circus freak. You don't job him out on TV to the veterans to pay his dues. You don't give him the slow build of being a Tag or IC champion.

I think they pushed him appropriately. In fact, I think they even dropped the ball having Heyman turn on him and taking the title off him after only 3 months into his first reign. He should have continued his monster reign right into WM19 and maybe even straight through to the following SummerSlam.

It's nice as a fan to see that they're correcting those mistakes with him now. I mean, they did screw up by having him job to Cena in his first match. And to Triple H at WrestleMania, even though Lesnar won that feud. But with his current booking - defeating the Undertaker's streak, owning Cena and winning the title, coming and go as he pleases and just decimating everything in his path... This is how you book someone as special as Brock Lesnar.

Unlike someone like The Rock where wins and losses don't matter... Lesnar is only worth as much as his push. If you want to make money off him, he needs to be unstoppable.

I just think its the simple fact that lesnar was an NCAA champion and had the look of a star to go with it. However, I still don't believe it is time to make another face for the company UNLESS they turn John Cena heel or at least a character change. There truly is only one room for a new face and I don't see the face of today (Cena), leave for Hollywood to help romans push even more, much like the the face of the company back then (the rock) leave for Hollywood and helped push lesnar into a new star even more. I know rock came back but u just knew who the new MAN in the company was.

BTW I'm a long time follower and this is my first post, I'm looking forward to talking WWE with all you guys.

Setting the seeds for Reigns/Lesnar because it is inevitable, but it is bound to happen sooner or later and honestly I am sure everyone wants to see them go at it, The Beast vs The Juggernaut

Yeah I could see it. I can see him being next year's Royal Rumble winner. I was surprised fans really thought Reigns could have won the Rumble this year. They seemed pretty excited.

Reigns vs. Lesnar got potential to be a solid match. Lesnar is going to have to make him look good

I think, for the most part, it's because of the fact that backstage politics have been overplayed lately to the point that we are annoyed as fans, because people who don't deserve it get pushed, and others who do deserve it do not. I will give you an example.

Back then, in the Attitude Era, you didn't have much to complain about. You loved your main event stars, you loved the mid card, you loved the Divas. You couldn't complain, apart from tiny parts here and there (like Jericho not being pushed right from te beginning). When Rock and Austin left/part timed in 2002, they brought in Lesnar. People wouldn't complain because the company hadn't given them any reason to complain.
Right now, you see how many talents are beind held back, mainly to feed Cena's ego, along with Vince's monthly obsessions with creating the new face of the WWE. So many talents have been hindered, to the point that if someone gets a push that doesn't deserve it, especially over guys who do, they get booed, in favor of the truly talented guy. Don't get me wrong, Reigns might prove to be good, but when Ambrose is the guy who is almost ready to get to the main event, but yet all resources are being thrown to Reigns, people are gonna turn against Reigns and root for Dean.

Lesnar showed right off the bat that he was really gifted. He had strength that not many people had, he was one of the greatest athletes, especially for his size, to come in a pro wrestling ring, and with Heyman as his mouthpiece, he only needed to do 2 things; have an amazing look, which he did, and perform in the ring as far as wresling ability, strength and mannerisms go. People turned on the Rock to side with Lesnar, because they saw things in Lesnar that they don't see in Reigns in your example.

But as I said at the start, I think this isn't much about skills, although skill plays its part. It's mostly backstage politics. Fans are sick and tired of Vince's bs all the time and therefore are more vocal and aggressive towards the product and I don't really blame us for that.

Lesnar can't talk on the mic. He can't do shit.

The only reason he was cheered because he was facing John Cena.

Everyone got cheered when they face Cena.

The smarks would turn on Cena if he would have met Saddam Hussein.

I read a report a couple of days ago alleging what WWE's plans were originally concerning Daniel Bryan vs. Brock Lesnar. According to the report, Bryan would've suffered the same sort of lopsided defeat as John Cena did in order to fully depict Lesnar as a beast and with the storyline of Bryan fans being "given a dose of reality."

Given Bryan's level of popularity and the various conspiracies of the IWC concerning WWE constantly "screwing" him over, I think that we'd have seen a ton of hate spew forth towards Lesnar and WWE if things had gone ahead as planned. Cena didn't lose anything by essentially being punked out by Lesnar because...well, he's John Cena. He could have gotten in absolutely zero offense in his match and it wouldn't have hurt his standing because he's been booked so consistently on top for almost 10 years. If Bryan had been decimated, then I think there'd be a ton of hate on Lesnar ranging from some of the usual "part timer" arguments, how Lesnar doesn't care about wrestling aside from the big paychecks, some would say they didn't want him coming back in the first place, it would've been called a missed opportunity to further elevate & stabilize Bryan, WWE's gonna bury Bryan now, we'll see Super Cena save the day whereas Bryan couldn't, etc.

Lesnar is the best athlete the WWE has by a (large) margin. How can you actually hate him? WWE is the one who gave him a large pay for a weak schedule. Why blame him? There's nothing to hate. WWE values him tremendously because he is an animal. He's also probably the best technical wrestler the WWE has and he is definitely the most intense wrestler they have.

There is not one believable outcome where Brock Lesnar loses to anyone in WWE. Including Reigns. It will be obvious when they are paired against each other.

I actually wouldn't mind Bryan being taken out so epically by Lesnar as long as he would've gotten revenge. It actually makes more sense for Bryan to get crushed like that than Cena.

Cena was overcoming Reigns, Kane and Orton only a month prior to getting trashed by Lesnar. Even though they often call him the underdog, he's not. He almost ALWAYS wins. Making Lesnar dominate ultimately makes the rest of the roster seem weak. Daniel Bryan on the other hand has always been the underdog, the guy to overcome impossible odds. I think Brock crushing him would've meant more in that regard and would've made Bryan's comeback more memorable.

It's a strange angle though because regardless of whether it was Bryan or Cena, there are good things and bad things that can be said of it. I liked seeing Cena on the losing end for once. But Lesnar pwning Bryan would've generated lots of heat him, whereas they turned on Cena almost immediately.

If he has a medical condition, how does that prevent him from showing up on "Raw" and standing next to Paul Heyman in promos, or interfering in a match and laying out both guys.

In fact, this would be a good workaround. Have Brock show up most weeks, to keep him prominent, and the title relevant, but have him not do matches on "Raw", unless they are tag-team matches, where he can be protected more.

Brock is the perfect person to do this with. By just taking out people backstage, or F5ing whoever is in the ring, he can show his dominance over everyone in WWE (don't have him take out Reigns, if he is the one to finally topple Lesnar at WM next year). This both makes Brock look unstoppable, and protects him, while he furthers the storyline.

There were times where SCSA couldn't do matches because of his neck, yet he still showed up on "Raw"most weeks to further a program. Now that Brock is champion, he needs to be on screen more often.

If you don't want to use Brock one week, even have something like Cena being beaten up backstage, and people say that they saw Brock Lesnar lurking backstage. So, Brock was "on Raw" without anyone seeing him, and it would further the feud at "Night Of Champions".

Brock needs to be protected, but he needs to give more to push the storyline, and you need a regular champion on screen (this isn't the 80's, where Hogan worked a limited schedule).

Besides, if Brock is so sick, should he even be doing any matches, as the match where someone finally beats him involves Brock taking some hits (say Roman Reigns giving Brock a spear)? Wouldn't he be risking his health to even do ONE match, so maybe, with Brock wanting a limited schedule, costing a lot, and sickness, I think Vince should have passed on ever re-signing him to begin with, and used the money elsewhere.

It's not if he has a medical condition, that is a documented fact. Google search is your friend here.

Why doesn't he show up week after week, because he doesn't have too. Heyman does it for him, and his contract is very lenient to say the least. You would have to ask Vince McMahon why he put his name to such a contract because I have no clue.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back