• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Why is R-Truth a #1 contender for the title?

MHardy_Fan

Occasional Pre-Show
Very disappointing. No offense, but who the hell wants to see R-Truth in a triple threat match for the title? I was planning on attending this ppv but sorry, my first view of a live WWE title match will not consist of R-Truth. Thoughts ?

Note from the Staff: This is a non-spam thread. Spamming will be met with discipline. Do not spam. One more time for effect...NO SPAMMING!

I totally agree. They should have put in JOMO or Ziggler it would have been a better match up. Hearing that R-Truth is in the card doesn't even spice the triple threat match up. Bad Booking on The E side lol ijs

First time poster here, but I would just like to point a few things out about this.

1. It gives R Truth a chance to be in a main event at a PPV.
2. He gets a pretty decent pop from the crowd (cheap or not.)
3. Morrison and Ziggler get a chance to be put in an awesome match at extreme rules against one another for a chance to steal the show and become future contenders over the next couple of months.
and 4.. It's so Cena or Miz won't have to pin one or the other. It allows R Truth to be that scapegoat in the match and be the one to be pinned or submitted, continuing on the Cena vs Miz fued.

I don't like R-truth at all. I dislike him almost as much as I dislike Morrison but i'm glad he isn't in that match. I guess WWE is trying to throw someone new into the title picture. I don't see the guy winning the belt, if anything Miz will retain or Cena will win. Ziggler should be the one getting the chance :/

First time poster here, but I would just like to point a few things out about this.

1. It gives R Truth a chance to be in a main event at a PPV.
2. He gets a pretty decent pop from the crowd (cheap or not.)
and 3. It's so Cena or Miz won't have to pin one or the other. It allows R Truth to be that scapegoat in the match and be the one to be pinned or submitted, continuing on the Cena vs Miz fued.

It probably is also supposed to add a "sense of unpredictability", people are supposed to believe that R Truth has a shot.

Too bad no one buys it.

Hey, lets have R-Truth headline a ppv with Cena while we squander Morrisons push..(Vinces crazy thoughts post Wrestlemania)

I just posted a thread on this but do you think JOMO was excluded from the match because of the Trish Stratus incident? if so maybe they put R-Truth in as a substitute babyface.

I absolutely love it. Best thing about tonight other than the women's title change. The past few years have seen Sheamus, Ziggler, Swagger, Morrison, and Del Rio compete for world titles. R-Truth gets decent pops and he is in there to make things less predictable and somebody for Miz or Cena to pin so neither would look weak. I'll be pulling for Truth.

Cena will walk out victorious at ER, sad to say more pop for the PG crowd. I guess they are trying to see what happens giving R-truth the push or they just didnt have no one in mind and threw him in it

Im SO PISSED. How dont you push morrison who has been proven to have amazing matches with the MIZ , but you let r truth who hasnt been around and is the worst mic talker ive seen get in the main event. R truth gets some pops from the crowd for his horrible WHATS UP , but nobody would ever buy a ppv or ticket to see him wrestle.

In all honesty it was probably supposed to be Morrison, but his recent heat backstage probably squashed that, and since Morrison and Truth have somewhat similar wrestling styles I can see the logic of putting him in there.

Why R-Truth is a #1 contender:

WWE had the right idea but the wrong execution. Hopefully they have finally learned that having the same main event from the last PPV is not what people want to see, it's boring.

The idea was to add another person into the match. Miz can then carry on with his reign pinning the non-Cena contender, this way both main event guys look strong while someone else benefits from a PPV main event. That person was either supposed to be John Morrison or R-Truth's sudden push is simply to spite Morrison who has been at a level above Truth for some time and on the slow burner for some time waiting for his main event push.

The sad thing is Morrison has no one but himself to blame, giving Stratus the cold shoulder because she 'took Melina's spot?'

Dude, Melina is a heel and in no way relevent, it is pretty damn clear that the original plan for the WM was meant to be Kelly Kelly on the face team, until they got the thumbs up from Snookie, and if I am wrong on the KK front, then at least it would have been Eve, the womens champion.

Morrison just extended his wait for a main event push for a long time because of a girlfriend who comes off as very...shall we say, negative, in these backstage reports?

The best that can come out of this is a heel turn for Truth, maybe that will make him watchable.

R-Truth competing for the title is a breath of fresh air to me even with Cena there..

I would die if I saw another Miz/Cena.. Miz/Orton.. Miz/Morrison fued

and who expected Ziggler to win? WWE's top heel is not going to face another top heel in process

and a triple threat heel vs. heel vs face match is BORING!, we all kno who wins

I think it's John Morrison's punishment.Have him watch another ex tag-team partner of his get a title shot at a pay-per-view while he's languishing in mid-card.Oh well,he fucked up with the Trish thing,these are the consequences of his actions.Hopefully he takes it on the chin because he time should be close.

Cena will walk out victorious at ER, sad to say more pop for the PG crowd. I guess they are trying to see what happens giving R-truth the push or they just didnt have no one in mind and threw him in it
I don't think it is suppose to end with John Cena walking out as the Champion. I think Miz will pin R-Truth just to have his title for an extended period of time.

This thread is proof positive that legit unpredictability is something that the IWC doesn't want. Again, the WWE does something that nobody sees coming and, if anything, they get criticized even more. It's pathetic.

During the match, we all kept expecting R-Truth to get pinned and, instead, he shows guts & fortitude by getting past two guys that look to be generally higher up on the totem pole than himself and holds his own with the biggest star in the company. Now, he winds up as being part of a triple threat match at Extreme Rules for the WWE Championship.

Would I have personally preferred John Morrison or Dolph Ziggler? Yeah, sure I would have. This could be a great match and an interesting 3 way feud over the title but all anyone wants to do is bitch that their favorite didn't win the match. Why not just try and let yourself be entertained? Why not actually see how this plays out for a bit before immediately trashing the shit out of it?

Wow, talk about letting the air out of the balloon.

Even though Miz and Cena are both in the match, it seems like it just lost a lot of its luster. You're telling me I have to put up with 3 weeks of the word "truth" trying to be used as a pun every time R-Truth speaks? Sorry, I'll pass.

I understand trying to have the element of surprise in the match and that this way neither Cena or Miz will look weak, but there's no one else? Daniel Bryan? Mark Henry? Hell, even Santino?

We'll see how it plays out (I'm one to freely admit if I'm wrong) but I just don't see the logic in putting someone who hasn't been on TV in over a month in a Championship match at a PPV.

Was this the first time in WWE history that someone who wasn't even on the card at Wrestlemania became the #1 contender immediately afterward? Obviously, I'm not talking about guys who were injured and returned afterward or may have debuted immediately afterward, although I'm not sure either of those has happened anyway.

This seems to clearly be a way for Cena to take the title without immediately damaging Miz's momentum. But if Cena wins it, Miz probably won't just win it right back (otherwise, why have him lose it at all) and he'll probably have to lose in at least 1 or 2 more matches with Cena.

Maybe it's a way for Miz to win clean, but not damage Cena. The megapush to make Cena a superman again for his dream match with The Rock is probably going to start soon and may last the entire year. Are we looking at an 11 month Cena reign?

I personally don't think R-truth brings anything to the table in regards to making this an interesting PPV... However WWE creative I will be watching the build up to see how you play this

R-Truth competing for the title is a breath of fresh air to me even with Cena there..

I would die if I saw another Miz/Cena.. Miz/Orton.. Miz/Morrison fued

and who expected Ziggler to win? WWE's top heel is not going to face another top heel in process

and a triple threat heel vs. heel vs face match is BORING!, we all kno who wins

We all know who is going to win here as well. I just dont like the fact that I was planning on attending this event and they put R-Truth in a title match. Sorry, but my money is better spent elsewhere.

I can't stand R-Truth, sorry. He is mid-card material at best. I would rather have seen JoMo or even Ziggler in the triple threat match. R-Truth just doesn't make sense, even though he gets a lot of pops from the crowd. Extreme Rules is one PPV I won't be ordering. Hopefully, Miz will retain.

Dunno bout this. I think it's a good thing that R Truth is a No.1 contender. I don't want to see and quite frankly im sick of seeing the same people as the WWE or WHC and the same people competing for these titles. R Truth deserves his shot at the title. But i was hoping it would be Dolph or JoMo becoming No.1 contender instead of R Truth. As long as Cena doesn't win the title at Extreme Rules, i'm happy with it :)

Was this the first time in WWE history that someone who wasn't even on the card at Wrestlemania became the #1 contender immediately afterward? Obviously, I'm not talking about guys who were injured and returned afterward or may have debuted immediately afterward, although I'm not sure either of those has happened anyway.

This seems to clearly be a way for Cena to take the title without immediately damaging Miz's momentum. But if Cena wins it, Miz probably won't just win it right back (otherwise, why have him lose it at all) and he'll probably have to lose in at least 1 or 2 more matches with Cena.

Maybe it's a way for Miz to win clean, but not damage Cena. The megapush to make Cena a superman again for his dream match with The Rock is probably going to start soon and may last the entire year. Are we looking at an 11 month Cena reign?

Oh God forbid. SuperCena during that 2007 monster run was absolutely unbearable. But he opened the door with that promo at the start of the show, which is my biggest problem with R-Truth being there- everyone knows he's nothing but cannon fodder and is not going to win unless a drastic curve ball gets thrown at us. This way you could have Cena take the title and not make Miz look weak.

Shit. I hope Miz retains. If Cena gets another year-long title reign because of his match with the Rock it will be complete shit. Not only do you kill other guys' pushes that could happen this year, but it's for nothing because Rock/Cena is bigger than the title anyway.

WWE needs a huge creative overhaul. :banghead:

This MAYBE a good thing. R-Truth has been floating along for quite awhile now (whether he's a dead fish in the water or just waiting for bite). This finally gives him a chance to show what he can do. I think if he messes up, he'll be gone shortly afterwards. The usually yearly cuts will be coming soon.

Also I think this makes up for him missing Wrestlemania. WWE wants to give him a nice paycheque.... than kick his butt out the door.

I don't see why everyone is complaining

This was FANTASTIC. This is exactly how they should build up someone to the main-event. While I believe it should have gone to someone else, R-Truth deserves to have at least one shot, and possibly one reign if it happens.

On a side note, he needs to get rid of that spinny move thingy. So botched.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back