• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Why is R-Truth a #1 contender for the title?

I think they should have Miz retain after a really violent attack with weapons to Truth. This sets up a couple of different angles.

Miz will be taken more seriously
A program between Truth and Miz can start after what Miz did at ER.
It won't be a question of when Cena beats miz this year, but IF he can.
While all this is going on... Have Miz mock Cena about how his time is dwindling, and that he is not going to be WWE champ, not this year, not ever.

This keeps Miz heel a little longer, which I feel is a good idea, makes Truth relevant in the title scene, and gives Cena something to focus on other than the Rock for a few months, while being able to keep that match at WM28 on peoples minds.

They went with R-Truth, I imagine, because it's a chance to test him in the deepest waters possible. He also is a new face in the WWE main event picture at a PPV.

It's not a major PPV, so it's not like he's taking up a huge spot. You still have the champion and the face of the company in the match. So, it works out well enough.

Morrison has been in the picture a little bit and Ziggler is a former Heavyweight champion. (Heh.) So, it makes sense in these regards.

Very disappointing. No offense, but who the hell wants to see R-Truth in a triple threat match for the title? I was planning on attending this ppv but sorry, my first view of a live WWE title match will not consist of R-Truth. Thoughts ?

Note from the Staff: This is a non-spam thread. Spamming will be met with discipline. Do not spam. One more time for effect...NO SPAMMING!

WTF is the problem? Is it cos R-Truth is black, and apart from The Rock (who is only half black on his Dad's side), and Booker T, there hasn't been a black WWE Champion in years? Everyone knows Truth is only there to be the fall guy for either Cena or The Miz (who I genuinely do not like), but his inclusion is a change from what would've just been a WM rematch had it been Cena vs Miz as a singles match.

Who mentioned anything about it being problematic that R-Truth is black? Please, not THAT again.
Truth's problem is not his skin color. He does have some problems holding him back, like his one-dimensional character, annoying song and goofy wrestling style, but his race isn't one of them. No one (or rather the vast majority) gives a shit about that.

He's going to be the fall guy for either Miz or Cena, hopefully Miz.

I like it, add a new guy to the mix. Don;t want to see Cena/Miz again for a while.

Your totally right. I looked at the match written up on WZone. I had to read it 6 times so I could take in the fact that R-Truth will compete in a Triple Threat with The Miz and John Cena for the WWE Championship. It just doesn't sound right. The way I think of it is this. I said this to my friend earlier...

"If you had of told me back in 2002 that in 4 years John Cena would be defending the WWE Championship against Triple h in the main event of Wrestlemania I would have told you to wise up"

Same Scenerio here. R-Truth could very we'll be the next big thing in WWE. He's been in the company as R-Truth for the past 3 years, I Can't see him winning the belt at Extreme Rules, Miz will retain. But have faith and believe in R-Truth, this is what we wanted, A new Superstar who can rank up to Cena's level, He's obviously impressed officials with what he does. Give him another year or two and by Wrestlemania 29 the main event could be R-Truth Defending the WWE Championship against John Cena. That's my opinion on
R-Truth soooooo WHATS UP!!!!

R-Truth's gimmick is horrible IMO, and I find it sad that he's in the main event picture looking at it from the perspective of the IWC. I mean come on, R-Truth as the WWe Champion? That doesn't sound like a fit at all, so why is he even in contention for it?

now, as some other posters have stated, I do like the fact that at least somebody else is getting a chance, but honestly it had to be R-Truth? Cena's no help either, with all the current talent the WWE is losing, these young guys have to get built up somehow, and with Cena constantly in the picture thats not going to help. Cena's built enough already, I'm not saying keep him out for the rest of his career, but he's got to step aside to give some other talent a shot.

Who mentioned anything about it being problematic that R-Truth is black? Please, not THAT again.
Truth's problem is not his skin color. He does have some problems holding him back, like his one-dimensional character, annoying song and goofy wrestling style, but his race isn't one of them. No one (or rather the vast majority) gives a shit about that.

Thats a fucking lie stop trying to seem not racist you know this is why the iwc hates that truth is in the title scene. Because he's black get over it you losers have nothing else to hate him for well it doesn't matter because Vince does not care for the iwc if he listened to anything you trolls had to say he'd go bankrupt.

Why is it that all the black people in WWE get crap from you racist pricks in the iwc Kofi,Henry,Truth,Booker[his commentating]Layla,Otunga,Alicia fox,Darren young,Michael tarver Face it you pricks are racist losers

Truth will become WWE champ when ever the iwc says wwe will do one thing they do the opposite be prepared to hear this ''AND YOUR NEW WWE CHAMPION R-TRUTH''

I bet you dumb fucks start crying and break your tvs hahah racist idiots get no where in the real world.

R-Truth's gimmick is horrible IMO, and I find it sad that he's in the main event picture looking at it from the perspective of the IWC. I mean come on, R-Truth as the WWe Champion? That doesn't sound like a fit at all, so why is he even in contention for it?

now, as some other posters have stated, I do like the fact that at least somebody else is getting a chance, but honestly it had to be R-Truth? Cena's no help either, with all the current talent the WWE is losing, these young guys have to get built up somehow, and with Cena constantly in the picture thats not going to help. Cena's built enough already, I'm not saying keep him out for the rest of his career, but he's got to step aside to give some other talent a shot.

Cm punk is a botch machine you have no room to talk troll

The answer is simple JoMo disrespected Trish so WWE are going look JoMo we dont need you so be a team player or you are staying in the midcard

Trish is WWE Royalty so JoMo is being punished . Also Correct me if im wrong due to past legal issues Truth isnt premited to enter canada ? and i dont know if its the case for other countrys ? and as such he will not be champion and it was the reason he lost US title before a show in canada

On a side note I will say know that it pisses me off that JoMo is getting this treatment for giveing someone the cold shoulder yet Cole calls somone a ****** and is still on TV involved in a big storyline .

lol no that's not the answer. JOMO wasn't in the feud because it's not a fit. He's not good enough on the mic and this is a filler role anyways.

JOMO isn't being punished and I think most of you are taking what you read about the backstage goings on way too seriously. Just like you thought Bryan's firing was real. They work you guys too believe it or not.

Truth is a fine filler guy and if he gets main event level over then it's even better. Maybe even give him the strap and hotshot it to someone else.

Thats a fucking lie stop trying to seem not racist you know this is why the iwc hates that truth is in the title scene. Because he's black get over it you losers have nothing else to hate him for well it doesn't matter because Vince does not care for the iwc if he listened to anything you trolls had to say he'd go bankrupt.

Why is it that all the black people in WWE get crap from you racist pricks in the iwc Kofi,Henry,Truth,Booker[his commentating]Layla,Otunga,Alicia fox,Darren young,Michael tarver Face it you pricks are racist losers

Truth will become WWE champ when ever the iwc says wwe will do one thing they do the opposite be prepared to hear this ''AND YOUR NEW WWE CHAMPION R-TRUTH''

I bet you dumb fucks start crying and break your tvs hahah racist idiots get no where in the real world.

Cm punk is a botch machine you have no room to talk troll

I completely agree with most of what you said, but calm down a bit. You know these people like to tattletale and get people banned for telling the truth. But you are 100% correct. Morrison sucks, so does Miz, and dont even get me started on that fucking bum CMpunk. How in the fuck is he even in the WWE? He is boring as hell, He has a shit finisher, hes not entertaining at all and doesnt get many pops whether he's face/heel. R-truth is miles better than him. How in the fuck could somebody hate on R-Truth and support shitty ass Cmpunk what a fucking joke. Also the truth is the wwe is racist as shit. Theyve screwed over more than enough good black wrestlers to make that statement legit. Think about it. Blacks are great at just about every sport basketball,football, boxing, to some extent MMA and you mean to tell me Shelton nor Rtruth aint good enough for a world title? When the wwe has them jobbing all the time to horrible talent for Over a Year? I dont buy it.

R-Truth got lucky. John Morrison has heat on himself for giving Trish Stratus the cold-shoulder at Wrestlemania and for being unprofessional. WWE would never reward that with an immediate WWE Championship match, so they've replaced John Morrison with R-Truth, who doesn't deserve it either.

Ron Killings was going to be a main eventer when he came into the WWE. They had high expecations, which he never met. They even gave him the US Championship at one point and it would just like, 'It's R-Truth... But with a belt.' He isn't great on the microphone, his move-set is flimbse and he doesn't get much reaction during his matches.

They even attempted changing his entrance music, and when everyone realized it sucked and that he at least got some reaction from "What's Up?" They changed it back.

He's not a bad wrestler, in TNA at one point Ron Killings was one of the guys in wrestling that people wanted to see. But the one difference is, he was mostly a heel in TNA, and in WWE he's a babyface. Ron Killings plays a better heel than he does a face, and turning the dude heel would probably garner some sort of reaction. The only thing is, there would be no more, "What's Up?" Not that is neccesarily a negative.

He's the number one contender out of sheer luck that John Morrison is an idiot and little bitch. It isn't like R-Truth will win anyway, so just watch as he gets involved in the on-going Miz Vs Cena feud.

R-Truth got lucky. John Morrison has heat on himself for giving Trish Stratus the cold-shoulder at Wrestlemania and for being unprofessional. WWE would never reward that with an immediate WWE Championship match, so they've replaced John Morrison with R-Truth, who doesn't deserve it either.

They even attempted changing his entrance music, and when everyone realized it sucked and that he at least got some reaction from "What's Up?" They changed it back.

He's not a bad wrestler, in TNA at one point Ron Killings was one of the guys in wrestling that people wanted to see. But the one difference is, he was mostly a heel in TNA, and in WWE he's a babyface. Ron Killings plays a better heel than he does a face, and turning the dude heel would probably garner some sort of reaction. The only thing is, there would be no more, "What's Up?" Not that is neccesarily a negative.

He's the number one contender out of sheer luck that John Morrison is an idiot and little bitch. It isn't like R-Truth will win anyway, so just watch as he gets involved in the on-going Miz Vs Cena feud.

You made a few good points. Being a heel is definitely his strength. Thats what everybody wants to see. Hopefully the WWE makes the change. I like the new theme they tried. I know what youre talking about. They actually should use that theme if theyre gonna turn him heel. It actually would be very fitting. By the way i wouldnt say the crowd didnt like it. It was just new and they didnt know the words

[YOUTUBE]ZcQS14mNc2Q[/YOUTUBE]

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back