• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Why do we have an Archives forum?

Slyfox696

Excellence of Execution
What is the point? I understand locked threads get moved down there, but it seems only to be threads that are the same thread as others that get sent down there.

Why not just hard delete the threads? What's the purpose of keeping them around?

What is the point? I understand locked threads get moved down there, but it seems only to be threads that are the same thread as others that get sent down there.

Why not just hard delete the threads? What's the purpose of keeping them around?

I think it's because the thread has something amusing or interesting contained in them that the moderators or the administrator likes and wants to keep around so they can look at it anytime they please.

Let's face it, everyone cares about their post count. Don't deny it Sly, you know you do.

Post counts are a good thing in my opinion, how else are you going to know who to bow to in fear and respect when you're a newbie?

So yeah, what just happened to the announcement thread about Jonny & Will?

So I can close threads in move them there I guess.

Otherwise, why would you want your section stacked with closed threads?

Let's face it, everyone cares about their post count. Don't deny it Sly, you know you do.

Post counts are a good thing in my opinion, how else are you going to know who to bow to in fear and respect when you're a newbie?

By your rep?

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back