Why do people post personal problems in the bar room?

Miko

WATCHA GONNA DO, BROTHER!?
I mean, why not deal with problems in the tried and tested way? As in go to an actual bar, get shitfaced to the point where you dont know your own name, forget where you live and you think it's a good idea to take all your clothes off and run around the place trying to find a hooker.

That old tricks got me through plenty of bad times, and often me given me a police cell to sleep in, seeing how I forgotten where I live and all.

But seriously, I wouldnt feel comfortable telling a load of people on the internet whats wrong in my life, how is it people can? This is just out of curiosity really.

I think it is easy for some people because it is unbiased view and some people just need some escapism for a while. I agree with your trued and tested method but some on here are not old enough to drink so that's out.

I imagine the release of just typing it out and seeing it there in print can be cathartic.

1. Most of these children can't go to the bar.

2. There is some kind of emo, girl pants, straightedge movement going on that would preclude these infantile mall rats from inbibing substances.

3. There are benefits to anonymity.

4. Most of these guys probably don't have access to people as experienced in life as X and myself, who quite frankly are wise beyond our years because our bodies have aged beyond their years.

5. Meh, why not?

Yeah, I wouldn't know. I'm not big on making my personal problems part of teh WZ community as a whole.

...but some people want to do it, so what the hell. I most likely won't be going into those threads, so they won't get any of the Razorback. Though I doubt they need someone such as myself when they have Xfear and FTS whom are plenty wiser and more willing to volunteer advice.

I think it is easy for some people because it is unbiased view and some people just need some escapism for a while. I agree with your trued and tested method but some on here are not old enough to drink so that's out.

Off topic, but Miz looks so much like Vince from Sham-Wow in your signature.

This is why I love Bar Room Sidious. As soon as he said that, I scrolled up and found it to be truth.

As for posting personal problems in the Bar Room...I do it because it's great to see it in print, very catharthic as Dex said, and it's also because you guys are pretty smart people, and most of you are nice. You've all had experiences that I haven't had, I have had experiences you guys haven't, and it's really nice having other people give solutions or empathize with you.

^^^ lol i scrolled up also and was like wow I never noticed that.

Anyway people do it because they know people can't do crap to them if they don't care.

You go to a real bar tell someone something and they don't care you mouth off to them you get your ass kicked...worst that can happen here is a neg rep or some shit.

I don't plan on doing it anymore...I just went to a nice dinner with my sort-of girlfriend and decided to break the news to her that I'm leaving for an English vacation in less than two weeks. On my birthday, I got hot ass Paneer Makhani poured over my head, in my favorite restaurant! That's the last time I go with the "honesty is the best policy" advice some of you guys give me.

tdiglÉric Rohmer;1369031 said:
I don't plan on doing it anymore...I just went to a nice dinner with my sort-of girlfriend and decided to break the news to her that I'm leaving for an English vacation in less than two weeks. On my birthday, I got hot ass Paneer Makhani poured over my head, in my favorite restaurant! That's the last time I go with the "honesty is the best policy" advice some of you guys give me.

...you're kidding, right? I'm sorry to have to say this, but your sort-of girlfriend is a total fucking cunt that deserves to spend the rest of her miserable life alone and unloved. I'm just saying.

Eh, I kind of bring it on myself. I like them a little emotionally unstable to tell you the truth. The makeup sex is awesome...I'll probably be getting some in a day or two, followed by a plea to not go on vacation, followed by a slap in the face when I refuse, followed by more makeup sex a few days later, followed by her driving me to the airport and asking me to send her a few postcards and to get her some shit while I'm over there.

The only time i posted personal stuff was when my best friend & my dog died. My family only cared about the dog and i didn't want to deal with my friends death alone because bad things would have happened if I did.

tdiglÉric Rohmer;1369048 said:
Eh, I kind of bring it on myself. I like them a little emotionally unstable to tell you the truth. The makeup sex is awesome...I'll probably be getting some in a day or two, followed by a plea to not go on vacation, followed by a slap in the face when I refuse, followed by more makeup sex a few days later, followed by her driving me to the airport and asking me to send her a few postcards and to get her some shit while I'm over there.

No, now I change my mind. Now I'm with him.

tdiglÉric Rohmer;1369031 said:

Dont blame me tdigs. I wanted you to try and fool her for as long as you could giving her little clues each day! Anyway tough break but any woman who would do that to you deserves to be let go :) or just have makeup sex and finish her again, just to rub it in a little.

Sorry to hear that tdiggie. Hope the rest of your birthday was better than Mary Wollstonecraft's first meeting with Mary Shelley.

I didn't know that tdiggle likes 'em crazy.

I don't have that many problems. Most of then ones that I mention have been resolved.

I post my personal problems on here because it is nice to get an unbiased opinion on it all. It also feels really good to type it all out and see the problem on the page.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back