• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Why Cody Rhodes is a much better heel than The Miz...

I like both guys, but I do prefer Cody as a heel. He has improved hugely on the mic, and his new sick and twisted gimmick is far more interesting and entertaining to me than Miz. Miz is a very good heel, but let's be honest, he's just an arrogant heel, but a very good one. Although Cody isn't the first one to do a gimmick like he is now, he is certainly making it his own. Cody is better in the ring than Miz, so having a better command in the ring can instantly make you a better heel. In saying I prefer Cody, the two guys are portraying completely different characters. If we were to truly see who the better heel was, they'd need to both have the same gimmick and see who can work the crowd better. But with the gimmicks the way they are, I think Cody is the better heel, as he is constantly expanding his character each week to a new level, while Miz has flat lined, but still plays a good heel. Cody is putting out fantastic promos every week, getting better all the time, and expanding his character. Cody for me is the better heel.

Cody Rhodes gimmick has a clear evolution and very interesting/entertaining too. Who would've thougth that he was actually a great talker, wrestler and heel? Not me, gotta be honest.

On the other hand we have Miz, the WWE champion whom no one had faith in- He has evolved in a very particular way. He does know how to work a crowd, but I'm not even sure what is Miz's gimmick.

However, while I do think that Cody Rhodes is a better heel than -miz, it is just for the moment. Without Rey, we need to see what is capable to Cody and with who. Who is goinge to be his next feud? If it is a success, well we may have championship material right there. He is a little young yet, but if he can keep up this momentum for 6 moths more, I can see him as a top contender, NOT world heavyweight champion but top contender.

Now the question is without Orton and Cena, where is Miz's character going?

"However, while I do think that Cody Rhodes is a better heel than -miz, it is just for the moment. Without Rey, we need to see what is capable to Cody and with who. Who is goinge to be his next feud? If it is a success, well we may have championship material right there. "

Couldn't agree more - he has had one good feud and everyone is hailing him as a better heel then miz. Let's just see where he takes this

I really want to like the Miz, because he works hard and loves the business, but besides his mic skills, I don't think he is any better than mediocre. His arsenal of moves isn't very impressive and his physique is nothing special (for a wrestler). In addition, his strength and athleticism are nothing special. I also dislike that he raided Jericho's closet and borrowed one of his old finishers. But I'll give him a pass on his repetitive promos because I blame it on the Cena feud having run its course.

I like Cody Rhodes. He consistently delivers great promos and solid matches. I just think his skinny frame would keep him from being a believable champion. He looks "built for show".

Talk about apples and oranges.

So the Miz did not undergo a dramatic character change, so therefore Miz < Cody Rhodes? Can't say I can follow your reasoning there.
Miz and Rhodes have two very different acts. Miz has brought his to the point where he is the top heel and reigning champion. Rhodes has still a way to go to get there, if he'll get there.

Damn straight. Miz hasn't impressed me one bit since they put the strap on him. His promos are carbon copies, his in ring work is solid at best, and as far as defending the belt yet, he hasn't beaten anybody cleanly. ANYBODY. Even JBL won a few matches by himself. Miz hasn't shown me that prime-time heel yet.

Rhodes continues to impress me. His promos rule with both gimmicks, his in ring work is pretty decent, and he was able to work with both gimmicks. Cody Rhodes has gone from dashing looks and smiles and laughter...to the blood curdled screams of a broken, disturbed man. Has Miz really held that thing for half a year now?? That's 4 months too long. I really would've accepted another Orton face reign. If Miz can hold the thing for a year, Rhodes should be World champ by next year.

Damn straight. Miz hasn't impressed me one bit since they put the strap on him. His promos are carbon copies, his in ring work is solid at best, and as far as defending the belt yet, he hasn't beaten anybody cleanly. ANYBODY. Even JBL won a few matches by himself. Miz hasn't shown me that prime-time heel yet.

He's feuded with Orton and Cena, and the only guys who can beat them cleanly are Orton and Cena. But Miz needing the help of both Michael Cole and Alex Riley to beat a 61-year-old man makes me never want to believe in him as champion again.

How can people say calm down Cody only had one fued when the Miz only had two and from the two biggest guys in the company. Miz needed to beat Orton and Cena to get over so I don't understand people saying Cody would be nothing without Rey's rub and remember rey asked for Cody but Vince wanted Miz to get over so he feed him Orton and Cena to do the trick. I'm not a favorite of Miz but I like his role a little but it's weird when just because the wwe allows him to hold on to the title you guys start thinking he's the best champ ever so remember it's just a show and WWE picks who they want to succeed. Also why do people say Miz worked hard for where he's currently at sure he did but who else wouldn't if given his same opportunities so to me that's just small talk.

CODY RHODES IS FOR REAL

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back