• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Why Blame The Rock?

I think people blame the Rock because they want to see him every week which isn't going to happen. When the Rock said he wasn't going to leave again, he meant he wasn't going to leave for 7 years again.

Geez....If some of you people are upset with The Rock because he left to do movies and think that when he said "he's never going away" that means he would be on a full time schedule then you people are dumb as fuck. First of all be glad he came back in the first place. If he didn't you bitch and complain that he doesn't love the WWE and is a sell out. Hell he made it clear to you people (in his most recent promo) who seem to be slow what he meant by saying he's never going away. It seems like those who give The Rock shit just want to hate him just for the hell of it even though logic and reasoning can't pierce your thick heads. You people are no different than those idiotic Cena haters who claim he can't wrestle or he's the reason the WWE sucks so bad now. Hell I don't like Cena (his gimmick) but I'm not dumb enough to say half the stupid shit most of you haters do here. Give credit where credit is due. Both Cena and The Rock deserve your praise for attempting to entertain you ungrateful asses. Now I'm starting to see why Vince doesn't pay the IWC any mind. You people are ridiculous.

I've seen the point made and it's an excellent one. He'll make his appearances through out the year. That's him never leaving. He could easily say I'm not even under contract, I don't need to show up. But how about the undertaker. Comes back for WM & then leaves. He's under contract. He SHOULD be there. I get he's old and his body isn't what it used to be. People seem to understand that about the undertaker and are ok with him almost never being there. But...but...people hate the rock bc he's only there every couple of months. Guess what....he's smart!!! When he's takers age he'll still be able to get outta bed without issue bc he got out while he was still healthy. The guy is out living the dream and he's still taking time to show up. We all know things are scripted. No one throws a fit when they find out McMahon is still in charge and HHH really isn't. I mean he said he was on tv so it's gotta be legit right? We as fans need to take things with a grain of salt. He's gonna show up a few times a year. That's him never going anywhere. He didn't say I will be here every Monday and every ppv and every house show.

Months? You guys are complaining about him being gone for months? He was gone for 7 years! During that time he came back and made only a handful of appearances. He's already outdone this year what he's done in all years previous to taking time off combined.

He'll undoubtedly be back from time to time still this year. So far I've seen more from The Rock this year than I have either Undertaker or HHH.

kwicherbichen seriously.

Thank you. These people are SO freaking sensitive. It's like the Rock made a personal vow to each of them and they expect him to be in their bedroom when they get home. Calm down!
But then again, these are typical Cena fans. All they talk about is the ONLY thing Cena can get at Rock about. "you said you were NEVER LEAVING AGAIN...." blah blah blah... "I'm here and you're not" blah blah blah "I bleed and sweat for this business" blah blah blah "its in my blood" blah blah...WHATEVER.
Its ALL he's Got.
If Hollywood came calling and 12 Rounds or the Marine where block buster movies, we'd be bashing the new face of the company as Cena would be somewhere down Rodeo drive with his trophy wife and his agent getting casted for his next movie. However, because his movies SUCKED, he doesn't have that opportunity. If Jay Z or Eminem or anyone in the music industry loved his album and it had went platinum a couple times over, you mean to tell me he wouldn't have gone deep into music touring all over the place? Yeah, he would have. But because his album SUCKED, all he GOT is wrestling. His bleeds sweats and cries for this business because THATS ALL HE CAN DO. The Rock didn't give up wrestling for the movie business.
He FINISHED wrestling and moved on.
You sell out when you can't get ahead where you are and someone offers you a way out. You quit when you can't move forward and you've found a better avenue. The Rock didn't sell out and he didn't quit. He was done. He had accomplished all that he set out to do. What do you do when you've done it all....? Do it again? for what? For you? No. That man had to live for him and he did it and IS VERY successful. When he came back and said "he was never leaving again" I NEVER thought he was going to be at every house show and every Raw or every PPV. Thats SILLY. The man is a MOVIE star now. Thats like people who know the Miz from reality TV being upset at him for not doing the RW/RR Challenges. Really? He did everything he could do on MTV and (i shudder as i type this) now is a really successful...superstar....:)disappointed:)
Anyway all that to say this: The Rock is doing all that he can do to keep this fued going and apparently its working because we are STILL talking about it.
Care to rebut?

Dwayne does not own the name The Rock. WWE does, and he had to get special permission to use it while promoting his movies. Like I said the guy is filthy rich, he could've easily done another movie and get payed WAY more than WWE would ever agree to pay him. Wrestling fans see their hero because regardless of whether he makes a buck at the end of the day hes back and we're happy to see him.

http://www.sescoops.com/wrestling-news/wwe/the-rock-talks-about-wwe-his-movie-career-lesnar-more/

- When asked who owns the name “The Rock,” Johnson said he and Vince McMahon have co-ownership of the trademark. He credited his family’s long standing relationship with the McMahons as the reason Vince gave him co-ownership.

Just as The Rock said he has done it all, he wrestled for 7 years and his wrestling career is over, and now his return and his match at WM28 will be for only 1 reason, the fans. He doesn't need money from WWE, movies pay him 10 times more, so he is doing it for the fans, and for as of now, I wouldn't like to see The Rock return anytime soon, I mean the CM Punk storyline is the top thing at the WWE these days so Im enjoying watching WWE without The Rock, he gave us everything we wanted when he was still wrestling and I appreciate that.

We blame Dwayne because he left us cold, went to do movies expecting us to pay our hard earned money to support him (then has the audacity to make CRAPPY MOVIES at that, i mean he could have at least picked good ones) and wen he FINALLY comes back he makes a bogus ass promise that he will never leave...and then hes gone until lord knows when. Basically we r tired of supporting him n getting Dwayne in return. I mean isnt this the guy who said that he no longer wants to be known as the Rock? Then he backtracks because duuuh hes being paid a helluva lot of money to be "The Rock" at WM28 and says that he'll go by just Dwayne AFTER WM28.He has proven time and time again he doesnt care about his wrestling fans (who by the way started his great movie career, we all flocked to see him in the scorpion king thats y he became a successful actor in the first place) nor does he care about the business that made him the house hold name he is today. Like Cena has said yea hes making movies too but he still manages to wrestle as well. Cena does this because he clearly loves it while Rock has made it clear its all about $$$$$$...That is y we blame n boo Rocky.

are you kidding me? I get a laugh when people like you say things about The Rock. Like let's be serious did you really say that he should at least pick the good movies? This is ridiculous are you an actor? Do you know how movie selections are done? Another thing so all the movies The Rock has been in have been bad movies? So fast five was bad, the other guys was bad, gridiron gang was bad, and that's just a few movies that were good. The only reason John Cena is still wrestling is because he hasn't had the movie opportunities or success that the rocks had. I'm going to make this next point crystal clear. The Rock is no longer a contracted WWE superstar he hasn't been for the last 7 years. Why should The Rock care what the fans say the true fan of a person stays a fan regardless of what career path that person has chosen. You guys claim you are his fans but the only reason you cheer him is when he is putting his body in serious harm. If hes not in the squared circle or doing something WWE related y'all don't know him. If he decided not to come back to the WWE again you would only have yourselves to blame. You guys cheered the biggest sell out of them all when he wrestled Hogan at wrestlemania. You guys are never happy when wrestlers make better life decisions. You guys aren't wrestlers you have never been in the ring and don't know the bumps they take. Look at Edge he can never wrestle again. The Rock accomplished everything you could do in the WWE when you have done that why not move on to something else you want to accomplish in life?

he made an appearance the night after wrestlemania, on may 2nd for his birthday, thats 2 appearances. next time he's coming back is probably november and he may make an earlier appearance before then to hype up survivor series. the fact is rock understands its not wise to keep showing up so often because then his appearances lose their luster. in time you'll thank him.

um.... first of all this whole thread is about assumptions cause u ASSUME he cares about his wrestling fans and u ASSUME hes not being paid..honestly NONE of us know exactly wat the deal is between Rock and Vince. Only they do. But no I cant see Rock doing ANYTHING for FREE because he has made it clear (at least to me) that he didnt want to come back until Vince was ready to put up the cash. Now having said that..dont get me wrong Im NOT a Cena fan but I do respect the fact that he loves the WWE n he shows it. U cant say that the ROCK has EVER shown such loyalty to the WWE universe because basically the first offer he got to get more money he quit on us. He walked out n didnt look back. Now maybe im jaded because I have been a HUGE WWE fan since i could remember but do I have more respect for the ppl who are lifers? HELL YEA. Thats why I love Shawn, EDGE, HHH n Taker sooo much. These men broke their bodies (except for maybe HHH he doesnt look 2 broken lol) for us and thats y wen Shawn n edge retired we showed them so much support n love because we know wat they put themselves throu for us. The Rock doesnt get that same respect. I know he absoulutly carried the WWE on his back wen he was there, but wen he left he did it so abruptly that a lot of fans were hurt. We spend a LOT of money on merchandise, tickets dvds etc all of which he gets a cut of. so its not like Rocky is getting $0 from WWE..they'll always be paying him for sumthing n anyone who thinks differnetly is again delusional.

There yall go again with his he quit on "us" crap. Why do yall take this crap so personal?
He didn't quit on "us". He did all that he could do, and walked out with his body still in tact, able to do other things before he decided to retire from everything. Yeah you got respect for Shawn cause he stayed in til he retired. Well don't a day go by where Shawn is not in pain from all of his injuries in the ring. Same with Taker, and had it not been for his MRI, Edge would still be in the ring breaking his body, for YOU. I personally am proud of a man who got out while he was on top and THEN wen't and did his thing in a whole other genre. Personally in my opinion, being able to take WWE to the next level, get out while you're on top and go be the MAN in a whole other world is inspiring. AND to be able to come back and STILL be the man? Who does that?
So what he left. Had he not left your beloved John Cena wouldn't have had his time in the sun. He HAD to leave. He'd done all there was to do, put over younger guys and took the business to the next level. I've said before and I'll say it again. What does a man do thats already done it all? Do it again? For you?
no.
He did the right thing. Regardless of what you or anyone else thinks...
Sensitive A people....

Lol, :)

Look, The Rock paid his dues back in the day and did his thing - no worries there and you can't really say anything negative about that. But, moving forward to the present day and recent (couple of months) as of late - The Rock makes this epic return (so-to-speak) after many many years and then after his return leaves, doesn't appear on live TV in person or house shows, and only tweet's on the Internet while the rest of the WWE locker-room does all of the above in paying their dues but The Rock receives a main event Wrestlemania showing and other WWE Stars do not?

The Rock apparently said "The reason I'm at Wrestlemania is because I'll draw more money than you," speaking to another wrestler (CM Punk, I think?).

How about WWE (continue to) spend more time in developing new story lines for the show and their talent which in-turn will produce long gevity versus a one-time-shot in The Rock for one pay day which will not last but a day.

People will remember CM Punk versus Cena at Money In The Bank - but The Rock versus Cena main event will pass through like wind on grass.

Just my opinion...Nothing derogatory towards The Rock - but he's not staying, heck, he's hardly here (understandably so) but other wrestlers are.

God Bless,

We could look at this Rocky when he said he was never gonna leave what did he exactly mean?? I never once heard him say he was gonna be a wrestler full time gonna lay the smackdown week in and week out!!! He said he was home and never gonna leave! Only he knows what he meant by that!! Cena has no choice but to appear to every show hes under contract to do so.. If he didnt he be in breach big time. I understand the people feel lied too but rocky has been doing this for yrs now!! I dont blame him one bit movies take alot less toll on your body than wrestling does!! Who knows maybe in 3 years or so Cena will have the same idea!! This verbal back and fourth should really have been saved starting at Survivor Series time not right now!! People in general have a short memory i for sure dont wanna see a story dragged out for a year when only Cena appears to talk trash and the rock via wherever he is!!

The John Cena fans who buy into this crap are idiots.

The Rock is NOT signed to a talent contract, it is not his JOB to be at all the shows.

Second, the "specialness" of a Rock appearance would be lessened if he was around all the time, when he picks his spots it makes it mean more when he shows up.

Cena is a jackass and so are his fans for demanding Rock be around more, it would just cheapen the angle, Rock gets 10 million dollars a movie he doesn't HAVE to do this. He's doing this because he wants to.

Lol, :)

Look, The Rock paid his dues back in the day and did his thing - no worries there and you can't really say anything negative about that. But, moving forward to the present day and recent (couple of months) as of late - The Rock makes this epic return (so-to-speak) after many many years and then after his return leaves, doesn't appear on live TV in person or house shows, and only tweet's on the Internet while the rest of the WWE locker-room does all of the above in paying their dues but The Rock receives a main event Wrestlemania showing and other WWE Stars do not?

The Rock apparently said "The reason I'm at Wrestlemania is because I'll draw more money than you," speaking to another wrestler (CM Punk, I think?).

How about WWE (continue to) spend more time in developing new story lines for the show and their talent which in-turn will produce long gevity versus a one-time-shot in The Rock for one pay day which will not last but a day.

People will remember CM Punk versus Cena at Money In The Bank - but The Rock versus Cena main event will pass through like wind on grass.

Just my opinion...Nothing derogatory towards The Rock - but he's not staying, heck, he's hardly here (understandably so) but other wrestlers are.

God Bless,

Undertaker comes back ONCE a YEAR. Does he ALSO have to pay his dues? How about Shawn Michaels? Does he have to pay his dues to? What about Stone Cold Steve Austin. Does he also have dues to pay? Triple H? If your answer to all of these is no, then how can you POSSIBLY say the Rock is in the category of wrestlers that should pay their dues? The stars or up and coming stars in the WWE right now have WORK to do and I mean WORK to do to get to the level the Rock was at BEFORE he left. He left the business at the top of his game and if they bring him back to headline a WM its because up until this current storyline with Punk, there were no possibilities for a huge WM main event. Without Rock in the mix for this last wrestlemania the ME would have sucked MAJOR.
Rock doesn't need to be back to appease you or anyone else. He's done what he needed to do and NOW he's back to make appearances when he can. Be happy he's back and stop with all the pissin and moanin.

It is the Rock's fault. Blame him because he said to everyone in his first promo that he is back for good and he is not going away anywhere. So he blatantly lied and that is why it is his fault. He should have tweaked that promo a bit to make sure the message that goes across to fans is not that he is going to be present all the time but only like once in 6 months or so.

As a faithful Rock fan, I have to say that there seems to be millions and millions of hypocrites, not millions and millions of Rock fans. What more does this guy have to do to shut some of you people up? He comes into the pro wrestling as Flex Kavana; WWF as Rocky Maivia, gets Cena-style appreciation, turns heel and then becomes The Most Electrifying Man in all of entertainment.

96 - 02, this man stayed on the road and on the TV screens. He did what Cena, Miz, and others are doing put together. He hosted SNL 2x, was on Star Trek DS9, That 70's Show, you name it. he was a very active part of Make-A-Wish Foundation. When he was an active wrestler, he possessed the same fiery work ethic that Cena has, but here's the difference...Rock didn't have to shove it in fans face about being there EVERY NIGHT...he was there and electrified the world over. Two major things that The Rock never had to do. He never WALKED OUT on the company because he couldn't get his way, nor did he have to take time off to lick wounds.

Scorpion King time comes around, he heads out and makes a breakthrough, comes back...regardless of being the highest paid rookie actor in Hollywood history. So apparently, he wasn't bedazzled with the bigger paycheck. He comes back, during a most critical angle in the WWF at the time...The Invasion. He is deemed as flagship for Team WWF and delivers at the end. The Rundown hits, he still comes back and does a dream match with Hogan at WM X8. I'm seeing some Rock/Cena similarities here...(Rock was doing constant silver screen movies, never str8 to DVD, unlike Cena, yet he came back and wrestled.)

Rock goes to WM XIX and faces Austin for the final showdown in one of the top 3 rivalries in pro wrestling. Beating Austin has allowed him to close the book of accomplishments of The Rock. Oh, but just when we think he's finished, he puts over ol' Goldberg. Now in his promo post Goldberg match he says he's going away for a while, but he'll be back. Observe and really pay attention to his promo here.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nYGweTnJC4o

So, he comes back in a couple of appearances prior to WM XX, where he wrestles a match rekindling Rock & Sock Connection. Goes back to movies, yet makes a couple of more appearances and satellite appearances. (Point is he was on WWE TV) Then he fades away humbly, but then comes back to induct his family into the HOF. The people begged him to return and have one more match. Smackdown X anniversary, makes an appearance. (yes via satellite, but again on WWE programming)

Here we are 2011, and he comes back on V-Day to everyone's shock and awe, lights a fire under Cena's garbage promos, hosts WM XXVII, shows up the next night on MNR, forecasts WM XXVIII 365 in advance, and then the last time we've seen him on WWE is his B-Day celebration. I applaud the Twitter rivalry, it keeps the wick burning until he makes a more concrete return prior to WM XXVIII. This man came back for free, not under contract, but free and brought back THE ROCK, catchphrases and all, and here we are haranguing him with sanctimonious platitudes. The original plan was just hosting WM XXVII, that's it...but here we are, the man comes out of retirement to give us a dream match that we all wanted. Yet, we selfishly covet more.

I quote the Miz: "Really?"

As if a 40 year old man is supposed to return to the ring week in/out, risk injury, drop his second dream to avert the ill-placed moniker of "sell-out" that fair-weather fans have branded him with? Rock did ALL he needed to do during his tenure. He is indeed A, I said A not the, cornerstone for WWF's survival, which allowed the WWE to exist today. Now, because some rub the People's Lamp and expect their selfish wishes to be granted, we should just say "Waaah, he broke his promise." Why would he need to be around for a year anyway? He's keeping it interesting for that big day.

As much as I like/respect Punk, he has no right to say what he has said about The Rock. I understood his valid frustration of not M.E.'g and getting shoved down in the ground with the weeds, but CM Punk is not the ultrastar that The Rock is. Rock transcended PRO WRESTLING and here we are now with a news flash of him returning again at Survivor Series. (Can't wait) My point is, that The Rock needs a break from this Brutus/Caesar dysfunction that fair-weather fans seem to pin him down with. The man sacrificed his family, time, and health to entertain ingrates like some on this thread. Now, the man wanted to sacrifice his first dream for his family, time, and health to take care of his family. I'm sure his daughter appreciates the time home with Dad.

Plus everyone complains about how he's taking opportunity from other superstars by doing this. First of all, it's 1 WM, 2, it's in Miami, 3, probably the time/place where he will be inducted into the HOF, 4, what other superstars are going to draw Vince McMahon (you want to talk about money) monetary figures like at this coming WM? What superstar is so well rounded as to carry a scintillating feud into the WM M.E.? No, it's okay, I'll wait.................No matter how much you complain about "Dwayne", you'll be watching it. You guys act like The Rock is a new kid who showed up this year and is "already" getting a shot at WM. Newsflash, he's The Rock! I'm pretty sure that if Austin or HBK showed up and had that spot, no flack whatsoever.

Consistently crappy movies don't make his kind of money, so as opposed to the few that say so, millions (and millions) seem to dispute that remark. Finally, let's see anyone here balance a SUCCESSFUL movie career and returning to WWE for the fans. We at least know he's back because they're selling new Rock merchandise. During the 7 years, of course nothing new was showing up on the shelves. The same went for "Walk it out" Steve Austin for quite a while. (Austin's still one of my favorites though)

I say this last thing and I'm done. Has anybody ever thought that maybe since Austin retired, The Rock felt, "Hey, it's time to move on and let this new blood take the helm." I've done everything there is to do in a short, but vital 6 year career. No need to have more titles, no need to take more spotlight, I'll just humbly leave and go accomplish another dream. Rock was "walking tall" on some pretty solid ground and going up in the ranks "faster" than most early in his movie career. When you've done everything there is to do, why not open a spot up for someone else and quietly head out, Austin did it too.

His hiatus has provided a 7 year window for today's superstars to really do something and make a ratings impact........other than Orton/Cena/Batista/Edge/Undertaker, who has shown us that capability? We complain about the up and comers too. "So, and so can't cut a promo." "So and so is a botchfest." "So and so sucks in the ring." So, we have a guy that has proven himself more than worthy of being called a legend in the business, has returned for the fans, has been deemed a slot in WM XXVIII, and has boosted the ratings upon return, we run him down?" I don't know what else to say...

Ahh Jesus Christ..

How stupid are some people these days?..

First off, The Rock isn't under contract with the WWE so he doesn't need to show up at every damn show.

Secondly, you guys are bitchin' about how he hardly shows up on live T.V. You would still bitch about it even if he did show up by saying "The younger guys needed that time" or "Zack Ryder should of been standing there instead".

Last of all, Rocky has done it all, he has nothing left to prove but he still came back for his fans.

Rock was my idol when I was a kid, I still get goosebumps when I hear his music. The few and far between moments where he does show up, i'm happy because at least he has never forgot about us and the WWE.

I love the rock and Cena for their work and what they put in, but Cena right now is winning the war of the words. The Rock is here for only one thing and thats his Hall of Fame induction that im pretty sure will happen at WM28, if not, im the new Michael Cole...

Cena however atleast doesn't have to bull shit on TV to us about stuff he says he will do but never does...

Have u ever seen an actual entertainment contract? EVER? The Rock gets paid wen they mention his NAME on WWE..its part of the seperation agreement of ANY superstar that OWNS their name like Shawn Michaels, Rock, Ric Flair even Hogan which is y they dont say their name. Thats also y CM Punk wanted control of his name in his new contract..its absurd for anyone to think Rock is doing this for free. I would literally have to see a signed contract with $0 to believe that. And u think he wont be paid mega bucks for WM28? of course hes getting paid big risk big reward. Lets not forget the Rock HIMSELF has stated that he left to "make a better life for his family" in other words MORE MONEY...dollar signs are all he sees but his fans see their wrestling hero..n thats wat bugs us
So far, you haven't shown substantial evidence to back up any of these claims.
If anyone thought the Rock was going to stay every night is brain dead. Of course he isn't going to be there every single night. He has a life out of the WWE, doing movies and such.
So far, Rock has made more appearances than the Undertaker, but I don't see anyone complaining. Also, why are you guys being so selfish? Come on now guys, the Rock has no contract and owes you nothing. Why bash him further?

Lets address every issue right now

1. i promise im never going away again: ok maybe he himself might regret that he said it since people have taken it a completely different way. smart people. notice im not saying smart marks. smart people never expected an appearance on a weekly basis from the rock or even monthly for that matter. smart people expected an appearance every 3 to 4 months which is exactly what is happening. 6 weeks before wrestlemania he appears. 2 weeks later he has a pre recorded promo. 2 weeks later another pre recorded promo and another 2 weeks later hes live on raw and lays it on miz and gets aa'd by cena. then wrestlemania. and then appears the next night on raw. so 3 appearances with 2 titantron promos so far. then there was his birthday where he did what the whole wwe universe wanted to do personally. he rock bottomed michael cole and people elbowed him. so 4 appearances this year with two pre recorded promos. thats more than the undertaker whos currently on contract with the wwe. and now hes appearing on survivor series which would bring his live appearances to 5 and total appearances to 7. a total 7 number of appearances this year and who knows maybe hel do more after survivor series. i dont know if anybody expected more than this.

2. stealing the main event from younger stars: i agree the match should not be for the title as its bigger than the title. as i remember this is a match the entire world was dreaming about. the majority of the people said it would never happen. it will and whats their excuse now. the rocks stealing the spotlight from the younger stars. i dont remember that being a legitimate reason back then when people said it would never happen. i didnt hear people saying no it shouldnt happen because the rock would be stealing the spotlight. all i heard was that the rock will never wrestle again. people will never be satisfied. no matter what happens how many younger stars come into the picture the rock vs cena will always be bigger than any match between young stars. and its better that its happening now when the younger stars still dont have that big of a name yet and after wm 28 will still have their whole careers ahead to make their names.

3. the rocks name is owned by the wwe and the rock needed permission to use the rock in the movie titles: the rocks name is a dual ownership between wwe and the rock. when the rock first started off he used the name dwayne the rock johnson because that was a contractual agreement between the rock and the wwe which ended in 2005 by which time he stopped using the name the rock in his movie titles.

4. last but not least the rock doesnt care about wrestling or the fans: a guy above said that we assume that he cares about the fans and wrestling. what is wrestling to you compared to the rock for whom wrestling is in his blood. do you really think wrestling means more to you than to him. 10 mil per movie not counting benefits. does he really need to do the appearances for the money. im pretty sure the wwe superstars are earning like 200 to 400 k per year. 10 mil per movie with royalties, profits, box office cuts and multiple movies per year doesnt really compare to a wwe schedule does it. he doesnt want to wrestle so that he can live out the remainder of his life injury free. 9 world titles. royal rumble. 3 epic main events with austin. wrestled pretty much everyone he could have. the only match he didnt wrestle which we wanted to see was with shawn michaels but unfortunately it didnt happen but he had loads of other matches. taker, austin, hhh, edge, christian, hogan, lesnar, goldberg, foley, hall, nash, flair, benoit, guerrero, henry, big show, kane, angle, even batista and orton despite the fact that it was a tag team handicap match. need i go on.

5. maybe one more point he makes crappy movies like the tooth fairy and game plan: ok like im supposed to watch faster and doom with my 4 year old niece. u know what i took my niece to the cinema to see tooth fairy and she liked the film and i liked that she liked the film. if u have kids or young siblings ud understand that films like tooth fairy and game plan are pretty ok for their eyes. then again doom, faster, fast five, scorpion king, other guys, get smart, gridiron gang and rundown were pretty cool films and WAY WAY WAY better than the marine and the die hard 3 ripoff 12 rounds and dont even get me started on legendary. do u really think cena wouldnt be doing movies if his movies werent crap.

the rock became a mainstream icon during his time in the wwe and hes probably the only successful wrestler to crossover from wrestling to hollywood. and no hogan doesnt count. his movies were crap and hes still stuck in wrestling world.

dont linger on the words 'never going away' just because you need a reason to dislike the rock and to cheer cena. for all you know he was told to say that.

im quite sure i addressed all the issues everybody has and hopefully theyl look beyond the crap and just sit back and enjoy whenever he comes back and not whine when he isnt there.

I don't know why people would blame The Rock. For several reasons actually.

1) If Rock is on TV too much he WON'T be as over becuase it won't have that amazing "o my god it's the rock" feel to it. He'll still be super over, don't get me wrong, but it just won't be as special.

2) He needs to be kept in the background. The feud could get old if it's nonstop Rock vs Cena, especially when you sure as shit don't want Rock wrestling at all until mania.

3) Rock has other obligations and so does Cena, this is just a fun way for them to keep it going.

There are probably a multitude of reasons, but those are just the main ones I can think of off the top of my head.

4) If Rock is off TV, it makes the promos a lot better. Cena saying "you said you'd never leave but you did...again" and Rock saying "I love it and always keep WWE in my heart".

Basically it makes real life, storytelling, and business sense for them to do it this way.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back