Get The Rock Out! - Latest Update

I personally love The Rock. Yeah its lame he hasnt had ring action yet, but Cena doesnt have the best ring ability in the world either. Now i aint a Cena-hater as he is good on the mic and has the charisma. I seriously think this is history rewritten as an 'Icon v Icon' like Rock v Hogan so i personaly think no matter what Cena will win no matter what to help elevate him to that Legenday status like HBK,Taker, Triple H etc Doubly true if its a title fight, Dwayne cant hold a title and do his films at the same time.

Thinking on it a little bit Dwayne is doing two movies very soon could this be so he gets a break from films so he can do a story with WWE?

Ok, so...I just read the latest update on "Wrestlezone" that showed the WWE "Hoping" to get The Rock back on more WWE segments.

First of all, how in the world can you have The Rock headline a Wrestlemania with a possible WWE Title opportunity?

Personally, I really don't care how popular The Rock is, while I am not taking anything away from him - whether you like Cena or not - you are going to have Cena work every Raw and Dark Match - carry the weight of performing and helping to build the Main Event of Wrestlemania while The Rock is doing Movies, etc. as The Rock does not have time to be at Raw? (See link below)

You have wrestlers that deserve that shot and I know drawing a HUGE DRAW for Wrestlemania is important, but I have to say - you don't need The Rock to do that. Again, not taking anything away from The Rock - I just think that is really messed up that WWE is handling this situation like they are. The Rock doesn't have time to be on Raw but gets to "Headline" Wrestlemania for a Title Shot? Please - go sell that story elsewhere b/c I'm not buying it. Sorry. Great Competitors and Wrestlers and Entertainers, etc. however you want to call them - the over-all picture though is still Slanted and wrongfully done In My Opinion.

http://www.wrestlezone.com/news/article/report-wwe-hoping-the-rock-will-make-more-appearances-129569

"The Wrestling Observer is reporting that WWE hopes to secure Dwayne “The Rock” Johnson for more regular appearances for the company given the reaction he's received since returning to the company.

Based on his appearance on Raw last Monday night and the early buy rate bump that WrestleMania 27 saw due to The Rock hosting the event, WWE hopes to get The Rock on board for more appearances including an appearance at this year's SummerSlam PPV. No word yet on whether or not The Rock will agree to work more WWE dates, as his schedule might not allow it."

As Ive said in other threads having the Rock back now with the only pay off being his match vs Cena at WM28 is a waste of fans time. Maybe if they built him into next years Royal Rumble Match and had him win that to face Cena for the belt the story would of been different but when you cant ensure the person headlining your biggest event next year wont be on TV or at house shows over the next 11 months its a real shame

Their hoping he will appear more? They hope he'll show up at Summer Slam? The guy got a 2 hour live blow job on Raw last week from Vince and the WWE and they don't even know if they will see him on WWE Programing within the next 11 months?

Really? How many superstars in the WWE are going to be put on the backburner to appease the Rock and Cena for a match 11 months down the line? It doesn't matter who the superstar is or where they are in the company their all being shit on my this whole story.

How are you going to build and develop new main event talent when you've already set this match for next years WM. You cant build breakout stars when the biggest and best prize in the WWE is already claimed for next year

I'd say let rock do what hogan did sorta,

make john cena lose the title to someone at elimination chamber or whatever ppv before mania (i.e MIZ) then that lights up the feud more between cena and rock as there is no title whatever.

then rock loses cleanly to cena, everything gets patched up, then focus point MIZ
backlash 2012 - Miz vs the rock for the wwe championship. (this could be a match at summerslam this year having rock go into WM28 as champ and lose it to john cena, just a thought)

Rock wins becomes champ and then (changes the belt from that ugly cena peice of motherfucking gay shit to something that screams wrestling champion like the WHC) holds it for a couple months before getting a young guy over (apart from miz he sucks balls,) someone like wade barret or id love to see rock vs christian (lol)

let me answer somethng u ppl just dont understand

do u really thnk the wwe gives a crap whether u thnk jomo or sheamus or daniel bryan or barrett or zack ryder deserves a shot. and do u thnk they care as much as u do...

y do these guys do what they do

1) they like doing it
2) they get PAID to do it.

hence they get PAID to do what they are told and tht includes not being the main event at wrestlemania 28 and they wont complain... do u know why??? because the amount of money the wwe earns because of the rock vs cena will pay their bills. it doest really matter who gets pushed or not because in the end u work ur ass off. u get a raise.. same principle all over the world. and then there are some guys who prefer to stay in the backseat. like goldust who has been asked if hes wanted a push into a bigger picture but he turned it down. then there are guys like rey mysterio who used to a cruiserweight nowhere near the main card picture. and look at him now. one of the top dogs in the business.

when it comes to others deserving a title shot. puhhh leeeezzzz.. dont u thnk theyd rather just get paid more.. do u thnk michael cole likes to be insulted on every page on the internet??? he does it because its his job. as its the wwe superstars' jobs to sit back and let the match at wrestlemania between the rock and cena happen.... guys who work their asses off dont deserve title shots as much as they deserve bigger paychecks... THINGS THAT PUT THE FOOD ON UR TABLE. THINGS THAT ACTUALLY MATTER !!!!!

I really hope that Rock/Cena is NOT for the championship because it is a lose/lose situation. This is because if Cena wins, well, he's Cena, and if Rock wins, it will seem like a cash-in and Rock doesn't deserve it. I hope the title match is different and features youngsters, because this match doesn't need the title to sell it. This could be the main event and the semi-main event could Miz vs Morrison or CM Punk vs Morrison.

I dont think hell lose at all...think about it the WWE needs him more than he needs them the ratings boost has been huge for them..so why would they want to stop.. vince never wanted to lost the rock and i personally think that it was vince's idea for cena to challenge the rock on raw..infront of so many ppl on tv so he couldnt say no..what better way to keep the rock around than to have him win the championship?!..plus he hates cena and i dont think hell want to lose to him if its gonna be his 'last match'

Something has really been bothering me recently. I cannot understand why so many WWE fans are getting behind The Rock on his so called *"return"* and providing him with so much attention and support....

I'm fully aware, being a life long wrestling fan, the legacy that The Rock has created by himself and the success he has had in the past and what he has done for the WWE by helping to lift their popularity over the past 10-15 years. I know he comes from a very successful and largely popular wrestling family.

But that being said, I still can't help but feel that he has turned his back on the WWE and walked away to pursue other interests, namely acting(in my opinion he simply sold out for the money). When he did this I lost a lot of respect for him and view him completely differently now and it literally annoys me when he appears on WWE TV taking up so much air time, when he clearly has no intention of returning full time.

Personally, I would like to see the WWE get rid of him for good (I know this will never happen due to the revenue he brings in and massive ratings he produces for WWE programming). My point is....why do people get behind this guy so much when he doesn't have the commitment or motivation to stick around???

Thoughts...

Wow this is obviously a jealousy thing from the Cena ball grabbers. God forbid someone be more popular than Cena. I hope Rock gets an itch to wrestle a lot so ****** cena and his 12 year old fans will play second fiddle

Pretty sure there is a thread very similar to this one.

http://forums.wrestlezone.com/showthread.php?t=167699

We all know he isn't a full time wrestler, so what does it hurt for him to be around? Sells shirts, gets a cross over audience, and cuts a few interesting promos. Hell, aside from a handful of matches he does ALMOST the same thing the Undertaker has done the last few years. I'm happy he is back as long as it doesn't hold down any younger up and comers. Or should I say, as long as he doesn't go Hogan on us. I felt the same way, like he turned his back on the "WWE Universe". But I'm over that now. He saw an opportunity and took it and has done well with it. I would say any other wrestler would do the same if they had a chance. If Cena's movies would take off and be BIG TIME like the Rock's, Im sure he would too.

I'm assuming most of (not all) the people whining about Rock getting special treatment ( a title shot, headlining a ppv, etc...) are pretty young or haven't followed wrestling long.... Ultimate Wa... errr "The Warrior" showed up out of nowhere in WCW during the nWo days and he got HIS match. Hogan, Nash and Hall pretty much got the same treatment when they returned to WWE after WCW folded. HHH, HBK.... hell Undertaker does it every f'n year now. There's a reason these people got/get that treatment too... they... sold/sell... tickets and merch and everything else. Everyone started whining about Christian losing the belt right after he won it saying he deserved it.... why because his best friend coaxed Vince into throwing him a bone? Rock has earned WAY more than Christian ever has or Cena for that matter, Rock entertained the MASSES, not jus kids, and still does, and as previously mentioned WWE wouldn't be around for Cena if it wasn't for the Rock, DX, Austin and so on because don't know if ya know this but for a pretty good length there, WCW was absolutely SPANKING them, so on top of being a big part of saving the company Cena calls home now, Rock made it Huge and still decided to come back to wrestling for ANY amount of time? and as a Megastar still put WWE's name out there? Yeah... he's earned any damn thing they wanna give him IMO

same thing with lesner and jericho. bet ya whole heartedly youd welcome one of the 2 back with open arms if not both of them. at least with the rock back with his mainstream status, you are likely to get alot of people who dont normally watch wrestling to watch for him and maybe discover the miz, or cena, orton or soforth. bottom line is, wrestling is lagging from what ive seen and with the youth movement, whats wrong with bringing in someone who can still go and using them to boost ratings and get some newer "stars" noticed in the process

Sold out? This is term that is often banded about by many of the Rocks detractors that I just dont understand?? Lets be honest he bust his ass for years for the business, then through his own hard work he gets an oppotunity to earn 10-20x more cash whilst not having to take the risks or work the crazy schedules that Vince demands from his workers!

So if thats selling out then bring it on because we all know 99% of us would do the same, The Rock doesnt need the WWE yet he is still back, yet apparently he sold out doesnt make sense to me!

The fact of the matter is that regardless of what the IWC thinks, Vince acts on logic, and from a logical point of view: Rock + Cena x WWE Championship = $$$.

And who's to say the Rock doesn't deserve to hold a title? Rock is one of the 5 men who I consider to have saved the WWE from WCW thanks to the attitude era (the other 4 being Austin, Taker and DX). And if he could appear only a certain amount of times, then that's just the way it is. He hypes WWE in just about every interview/Twitter post/Facebook post since his return, and plus he makes his appearances and films movies at the same time: that's not "hardworking" enough for you guys?

i just realized that i think most of the IWC here are either YOUNG or treat WWE as something like a sport.. wwe HAS BEEN ENTERTAINMENT EVER SINCE WRESTLEMANIA 1!!!

remember Wrestlemania 1, it had Mr. T and Cindy Lauper with guests Muhammad Ali, etc.. it is supposed to be entertainement.. nowadays, VINCE is just reiterating it to WWE that it is Entertainment rather than sports..

that being said, Dwayne Johnson TODAY is the perfect formula for Wrestlemania, he is a well known Hollywood star and a WWE superstar as well..

also, who would fault The Rock if his passion is entertaining, acting and wrestling???? will he be condemned forever because he also loves acting???

The Attitude Era is all about being ones self.. and that's what Triple H, HBK, The Rock and especially Stone Cold Steve Austin did.. They became themselves without any restrictions and that what catapulted them to greater heights and culminated in the Demise of WCW..

Today, WWE Superstars are RESTRICTED to be themselves because of the PG rule.. this really made them GENERIC and almost the same as others.. this made them "without ATTITUDE"!!! but i don't blame them because the kids love it and they can buy all the merchandise they want because it is their parent's money...

It is all about the money guys!!! all about the money!!! Mr. T and Cindy Lauper before weren't needed to be in Wrestlemania but because it exudes CASH, they had to be there.. as other Wrestlemanias are..

so please cut the crap like Cena is hardworking and busts his ass off every night.. OF COURSE BECAUSE IT IS HIS ERA NOW!!!!

The Rock Austin DX Undertaker Kane Mankind busted their asses off and worked hard before because IT WAS THEIR ERA!!!

common sense please..

LMAO!! :lmao::lmao::lmao: Now, they want him out.

Some people here sound really stupid, for real. First, they bitch about him leaving and never make not one appearence. And when he made his return, they complain about how he buried the face of the companya nd ruined the main event in his first speech. After that they complained about his via satallite promos. After that they questioned his mic skills:)lmao:). Then, the moan about him taking too much time with that promo he made at WM, and that coast the shamus-? match(like the people came to see it). Later, they bitch about rock ruining the main event, which was completley SUCK....again, whining about make the WM 28 ME announcment too early. A week ago, crying about his birthday party. And now, they don't think he's worthy of being the number one contender for the wwe title. Tommorow they'll question whether he deserve to be in the same ring with cena.

If you think for one single second you'll realize that it really DOESN'T MATTER WHAT YOU THINK. If the "Young Talents" you're talking about was good enou...hell if the entire wwe roster was that good, vince wouldn't have brought rock back, but because they SUCK big time, he had to bring some real talents to spice things up.

And I'll say this about their match, rock said in the past he's done it all, and I believe he did, but there one thing he's never done and that's wininng the WWE championship at the granddest stage of them all WM. I don't think any of you here know that rock is 0-3 when it comes to wwe title match at mania. In 2 out of those 3 losses, vince screwed rock out of the title, in back to back WMs(16-17). So if they build the title match this way, it will make the fans believe that do have a chance to win, it would be HUGE.

I really don't about who's winning the match as long as it's a non-title match, but if it's a title match, I hope to see one last run by rock as the chmapion. Yeah, I know, not even in my dreams but that could happen in only 3 conditions,A) Cena holding the title for 11mon B)Rock agree for one last run as a full-time active wrestler(WM28-SS) and drop the title for cena later C)Cena or rock turns heel, I simply can't see rock winning a face vs face match at this stage.

One more thing, Rock will INDEED have a match or two, for the very least, as a warm up for his match with cena at mania, because the logical thing to do, especially for a guy who been outta ring for 7yrs.

Sorry but next to John Cena, The Rock is a HUGE draw, yes he doesnt turn up as much due to a hectic schedule, but whilst away he is promoting the WWE big time via Facebook with his Team Bring IT.

Ok so he is getting a title shot? Whats the problem he isnt exactly going to win, the match is a cash cow end of. WM28 will sell out quickly because people want to see Cena vs Rock! and because its WrestleMania.

So get over whining about it.
Next to Cena?
The Rock STILL is the biggest draw and he hasn't even wrestled a match!

WM buyrates and tv ratings speak for themselves. Rock makes wrestling "cool" again

I like the match up but i do not want the match to be for the WWE title, that just ruins the suspense for the match because now there is a 99% chance Cena will win because the WWE champion cant not be here half the time. I am a fan of cenas (shocker, i know :lmao:) but i want other guys to get the opportunity to have a world title also.

I know this comment is late but for the record. CENA WANTS TO WRESTLE ROCK. It is something HE personally wanted to do. He was very vocal about it.

LMAO!! :lmao::lmao::lmao: Now, they want him out.

Some people here sound really stupid, for real. First, they bitch about him leaving and never make not one appearence. And when he made his return, they complain about how he buried the face of the companya nd ruined the main event in his first speech. After that they complained about his via satallite promos. After that they questioned his mic skills:)lmao:). Then, the moan about him taking too much time with that promo he made at WM, and that coast the shamus-? match(like the people came to see it). Later, they bitch about rock ruining the main event, which was completley SUCK....again, whining about make the WM 28 ME announcment too early. A week ago, crying about his birthday party. And now, they don't think he's worthy of being the number one contender for the wwe title. Tommorow they'll question whether he deserve to be in the same ring with cena.

If you think for one single second you'll realize that it really DOESN'T MATTER WHAT YOU THINK. If the "Young Talents" you're talking about was good enou...hell if the entire wwe roster was that good, vince wouldn't have brought rock back, but because they SUCK big time, he had to bring some real talents to spice things up.

And I'll say this about their match, rock said in the past he's done it all, and I believe he did, but there one thing he's never done and that's wininng the WWE championship at the granddest stage of them all WM. I don't think any of you here know that rock is 0-3 when it comes to wwe title match at mania. In 2 out of those 3 losses, vince screwed rock out of the title, in back to back WMs(16-17). So if they build the title match this way, it will make the fans believe that do have a chance to win, it would be HUGE.

I really don't about who's winning the match as long as it's a non-title match, but if it's a title match, I hope to see one last run by rock as the chmapion. Yeah, I know, not even in my dreams but that could happen in only 3 conditions,A) Cena holding the title for 11mon B)Rock agree for one last run as a full-time active wrestler(WM28-SS) and drop the title for cena later C)Cena or rock turns heel, I simply can't see rock winning a face vs face match at this stage.

One more thing, Rock will INDEED have a match or two, for the very least, as a warm up for his match with cena at mania, because the logical thing to do, especially for a guy who been outta ring for 7yrs.

like you i am a big fan of the great one But come on man there is no need to bury the Rest of the WWE Talents

Oh dear God no.

Not him again, leave him off until atleast January to build up Wrestlemania with John Cena.

I'm sorry, but he just bores me to death. He's so cliche, his promo's are outdated and he does'nt do anything new. I am a fan of The Rock but his character is just so outdated.

like you i am a big fan of the great one But come on man there is no need to bury the Rest of the WWE Talents

The truth hurts, doesn't it? You see, I'm not trying to bury the wwe talent or anything, but when you got a guy complain about replacing shamus-"whoever the hell is" match with a rock promo(claiming that rock is holding talents back), you have to respond the way I did, just hit him with the fact that none of these 70,000 people give a shit about shamus or his opponent for that matter, most of them came to see the rock. Hell, they didn't give a damn about the main event itself up untill the rock showed up. Yet again, he claimed that rock held talents back even before 2004 :lmao: Trust me on this one, the guy wasn't a fan at that point.

Oh dear God no.
Not him again, leave him off until atleast January to build up Wrestlemania with John Cena.
I'm sorry, but he just bores me to death. He's so cliche, his promo's are outdated and he does'nt do anything new. I am a fan of The Rock but his character is just so outdated.

Funny, isn't the the common complaint about almost every WWE character on here? Lets face it, regardless of what people's opinion of him is.. Rock = Ratings. The summer months are always a low point for the WWE, so to promote a few appearances by Rock would help boost those summer ratings. You cheer Austin when he makes his guest spots do you not? Well he's still saying the same things he did 7 years ago as well. I personally love it. Gives that nostalgic feeling of your youth.

this is why John Cena is better than the Rock

JohnCena John Cena
Ps. Yes I will be in Lowell tonight and no I wont send Dwayne some crappy 'wish u were here pic'. I will just show up. Like I always do. :)

You're self proclaimed peoples champ wont be back on Raw until he can claim another pay off. Cena will show up, perform and give you your moneys worth

The Rock vs. John Cena is probably the biggest match in modern wrestlemania history, bigger than Rock-Hogan, IMO. I'm talking biggest in terms of hype. To be honest, the match itself will probably suck.

What you have to understand is Vince wants to make as much money as possible. He wants as many Wrestlemania PPV buys as humanly possible.

I somewhat agree with what you're saying but in terms of the big picture, if the Rock agreed to do this, they HAVE to do it AND they have to bring him back as many times as possible to build up the hype.

What's going to get more buys (Note: I'm not asking which you'd prefer to see): The Rock vs. John Cena or say The Miz vs. John Morrison for the belt?

It's all about selling the PPV.

Oh dear God no.

And yet you're a blind mark for John Cena? The man who does the same thing week in, week out, every. single. week. How has Cena evolved? He has grown stale as hell. His character is not tolerable anymore and it's the same old shit. I'm not saying Cena needs to turn heel or anything but damn if Cena keeps the belt till Wrestlemania 28, retains, and then his character stays the same, I will feel a great need to rip out my eyeball sockets.

Just remember, The Rock and Austin along with WCW's stupidity, are why the WWE even exists today.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back