• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Who's The Worst Worker To Ever Become Famous?

Daniel

Of Ace Stevens fame.
In the Sabu vs. Steve Austin thread of the WZ Tournament, Slyfox mentioned that Sabu was "one of the worst workers to ever become famous".

It got me thinking about who was (or is) the absolute worst. I then realised that I don't know enough about pre-2010 wrestling to make such a judgement.

So I ask you, WrestleZone Universe, who #1 when it comes to god awful wrestling?

It's all conjecture as even the worst of workers can look good if you put em in there with a great worker, for me it's a toss up between the Ultimate Warrior and El Gigante. Both had the occasional good match but both also became famous for stinking up the joint royally.

Hulk Hogan...or is it John Cena? If you ask the infamous IWC, these two guys only know like, 10 moves between them... j/k

I am not sure I agree with Sly that Sabu is the WORST worker to ever get famous, although I don't think he's too far off. Personally, I think Sandman was way worse, but that's a matter of opinion, I guess. Both were nothing but hardcore spot monkeys.

Surely it has to be the Great Khali, the guy can barely move. If we are talking about massive bona-fide superstar then I'l give the nod to Goldberg, way too dangerous and sloppy and had to be carried in anything that wasn't a squash. His look and intensity where really all he had going for him.

Hulk Hogan...or is it John Cena? If you ask the infamous IWC, these two guys only know like, 10 moves between them... j/k

I am not sure I agree with Sly that Sabu is the WORST worker to ever get famous, although I don't think he's too far off. Personally, I think Sandman was way worse, but that's a matter of opinion, I guess. Both were nothing but hardcore spot monkeys.

Sandman is an excellent shout too actually.

I am not sure I agree with Sly that Sabu is the WORST worker to ever get famous
I actually said "one of the worst workers to ever become famous". That's the problem with you Republicans, always trying misrepresent what someone says in order to hold the poor man down. ;)

What's funny about this topic is you can actually go through much of ECW's roster and say the say thing. Sabu, Sandman, Mikey Whipwreck, Tommy Dreamer...the list goes on and on.

It's all conjecture as even the worst of workers can look good if you put em in there with a great worker, for me it's a toss up between the Ultimate Warrior and El Gigante.
El Gigante was never really famous in pro wrestling. And the Ultimate Warrior was actually quite decent when he needed to be. People often forget Warrior really didn't have much experience in pro wrestling before he was main-eventing. Warrior was certainly rough around the edges, but he understood pro wrestling far better than so many others who spent their entire career in the business.
Surely it has to be the Great Khali, the guy can barely move.
The Great Khali actually does fine as a worker. When he's in the ring, he's believable. No, he doesn't have much agility anymore, but he doesn't work a style that requires much, and he doesn't work long matches anymore.

The Great Khali, while lacking lateral movement, was not a bad worker at all, given the limitations forced upon him by his body.

You could say Khali was/is a good worker in the same that way Special Olympians are pretty good at whatever event they choose.

Sandman, though, is pretty terrible. I'm not sure how he was ever thought of as a wrestler.

I actually said "one of the worst workers to ever become famous". That's the problem with you Republicans, always trying misrepresent what someone says in order to hold the poor man down. ;)

I gotta admit, that made me chuckle, lol

First off let me say that Ultimate Warrior wasn't a bad worker at all. He could be sloppy at times but I thought he told a great story once he was in the ring. In fact 2 of the greatest WM matches of all time he participated in(WM6 against Hogan and WM7 against Savage), so if he was that terrible he wouldn't be able to have matches like that.

Ok with that said the worst that I can think of is Sandman. Admittedly I thought his character was "cool" back in 98 or 99 when I was a teenager but I never respected him in the ring. He was sloppy, had no flow, or no psychology. It's like the only thing he could do good was slam a beer and drill himself with a kendo stick. And on top of that he didn't even look like a wrestler. It's not like he had a ripped body or was 7ft tall, he was just an average height(compared to other wrestlers of course) out of shape dude. He really had very little going for him.

Did New Jack ever really hit "famous" status though? Guy could walk right past me on the street, and I would have no idea who he was...even though I used to watch ECW. new Jack is completely forgettable.

You have to define famous? If by famous you mean a known Wrestler, that list is endless.
The person who said Mikey Whipwreck can't wrestle is wrong. Just because he chose to wrestle hardcore, doesn't mean he can't wrestle. I saw him have a 15 min. match against kidman that def. showed he can wrestle.

My definition of famous will be a guy who was at the top of the card for a sustained period and at the same time consistently put on bad matches. The choice for me is easy. Phscho Sid. He sucked, every match he was in sucked and everywhere he went, he was pushed through the roof.

You have to define famous? If by famous you mean a known Wrestler, that list is endless.
The person who said Mikey Whipwreck can't wrestle is wrong. Just because he chose to wrestle hardcore, doesn't mean he can't wrestle. I saw him have a 15 min. match against kidman that def. showed he can wrestle.

My definition of famous will be a guy who was at the top of the card for a sustained period and at the same time consistently put on bad matches. The choice for me is easy. Phscho Sid. He sucked, every match he was in sucked and everywhere he went, he was pushed through the roof.

:lmao::lmao:

Let me see if I have you right...Mikey Whipwreck can wrestle, but Psycho Sid Vicious sucked.

Wow...

Being better then Sid isn't saying much......

Sid was a fine worker. What was wrong with Sid? He put on solid matches, he was completely believable in the ring, and had charisma out his wazoo.

Please tell me how Sid was a terrible wrestler, and provide more than just ambiguous terms like "he sucked".

Sid was a fine worker. What was wrong with Sid? He put on solid matches, he was completely believable in the ring, and had charisma out his wazoo.

Please tell me how Sid was a terrible wrestler, and provide more than just ambiguous terms like "he sucked".

Credit he was believable. They guy was a beast physically. But I think you put to much stock in believable. Believable doesn't make you entertaining or talented in the ring. Thats also why your Khali argument from earlier was flawed. I don't care how big he is. He can't move. Obviously Sid moved significantly better then Khali....

Outside of Sid being a beast, he did nothing for me. I never found him entertaining. He could not cut a promo and he was always the same stale monster heel.

Wrestling is always subjective, but his ring work was very poor. Every match of his was identical. He never seemed to care and wrestling in a match always looked like a job for him. He showed up and did just enough for a paycheck.

IMO he had no personality and could not wrestle. I look forward to your response where you will insist he could wrestle and talk. But like I said wrestling is subjective and I don't really care if you agree or not. Sid never entertained me...

Credit he was believable. They guy was a beast physically. But I think you put to much stock in believable. Believable doesn't make you entertaining or talented in the ring. Thats also why your Khali argument from earlier was flawed. I don't care how big he is. He can't move. Obviously Sid moved significantly better then Khali....

Outside of Sid being a beast, he did nothing for me. I never found him entertaining. He could not cut a promo and he was always the same stale monster heel.

Wrestling is always subjective, but his ring work was very poor. Every match of his was identical. He never seemed to care and wrestling in a match always looked like a job for him. He showed up and did just enough for a paycheck.

IMO he had no personality and could not wrestle. I look forward to your response where you will insist he could wrestle and talk. But like I said wrestling is subjective and I don't really care if you agree or not. Sid never entertained me...

Khali could move relative to his size when he first debuted. The guy wasn't going to fucking run around like Rey Mysterio. He's a huge dude and he's going to do huge dude moves. Why people never understood that is beyond me.

Khali could move relative to his size when he first debuted. The guy wasn't going to fucking run around like Rey Mysterio. He's a huge dude and he's going to do huge dude moves. Why people never understood that is beyond me.

Ya you like to go to extremees., I get he won't be Rey. Do you think I expect him to be like Rey. But a wrestler shouldn't be like the Circus sideshow where they throw out a freak just because he is a freak.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back