• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Who's the Most Charismatic TNA Original in the Promotion's History?

Chrome

Getting Noticed By Management
For instance, when it comes to WWE, lot of fans consider Hogan or The Rock as the most charismatic. Ric Flair or DDP in WCW etc...you get the point.

So who was/is the most charismatic star, a TNA original, the promotion ever had?

I'll go first and say Monty Brown...

We'd have to first define "TNA Original"... again. Are we talking about performers who have spent the majority of their time in TNA, or something closer to guys who've "built their name" there, as in not having built it in WWE?

Because if it's the latter, it's Sting by a country mile, and no one even comes close to breaking that barrier. We're talking about a Grand Canyon of a chasm between where Sting is/was and where the next guy plays runner up.

As above, I'm not sure how to define TNA Original. And charisma is a funny thing to define.

You can be charismatic and have average skills on the mic. Sting and Jeffrey Hardy are good examples of that.

But for someone with charisma and the ability to cut a great promo, I'd say Raven. He was a major part of TNA even if he wasn't an original. In fact, Raven was always amazing at crafting a character when he was given the creative freedom to do so.

But for someone for who TNA was their first major national exposure I'd probably go with Austin Aries, with Alex Shelley and Jay Lethal during his Savage tribute days coming close.

In what world did Sting have "average skills" on a mic? He's one of the most dynamic talkers in history. Everything about him with a microphone screamed charisma.

Putting he and Hardy in the same breath is absurd. Hardy is a fine wrestler and has his own style of charisma, but none of it is vocal, and if we're comparing these two men side-by-side, about the only thing they share in common is that they paint their faces.

I certainly don't think he's bad on the mic, I just don't think he's ever really shown in TNA the same type of ability he did in WCW.

AJ Styles all the way. He was in TNA from the very beginning up until just a few months ago. As far as charisma goes, he was a great heel or face, MAYBE not the best on the mic, but no matter what fans liked him. Fortune was one of the greatest factions in history because of AJ. Did you see how the fans reacted when he won his last 2 World titles? Back in 2009 when he pinned Angle in the 4-way, the fans went crazy. If that's not charisma, I don't know what is.

In what world did Sting have "average skills" on a mic? He's one of the most dynamic talkers in history.

This. Sting is absolute gold on the mic, always controlled and potent in his delivery. I don't get this laughable internet mentality that Sting can't talk. I guess fans are angry at him for not coming to WWE or something.

Oh, and the answer's Sting.

Its a hard question... The TNA originals were guys that were not known because of their charisma; they were either high flyers that took wrestling to the limit (Styles, Daniels, Low Ki, Kazarian, Sabin, Shelley), or badasses (Abyss, Samoa Joe, LAX, Steiner), or great speakers and actors (Jarrett, Konnan, Cornette, James Mitchell)... And the guys that had the most charisma were not TNA originals (Sting, Christian, Angle, Nash). Still, if I have to make a pick, I think I will go with R-Truth- he was a big star in TNA and his sing-dance routine was very popular and enjoyable too. My second pick would be Petey Williams of Team Canada- this guy was special. His finisher was damn charismatic too.

since the definition of tna original is sketchy at best its hard to say. i consider sting a wcw guy, i consider jarrett a wwf guy since i first saw him in wwf in 93, and he had a prominent role in the attitude era. the name that comes to mind is joe, especially right around 2005 or 06, he didnt need to say much, was over with the fans, and was entertaining to watch in the ring. if you wanna get more modern, id go with roode and storm. i would say austin aries, but i consider him an roh guy because thats where i saw him first, and when i watched roh aries was their guy.

I'll say Bobby Roode.
He has made his career in TNA despite working dark matches in WWE and working in BCW. He wasn't established until he was in TNA and "The It Factor" is a perfect moniker for him.

Keep in mind I'm excluding the WWE, ECW and WCW guys like Sting, Kurt Angle, Jeff Hardy, Raven and on and on. Guys that were already established by the time they got to TNA.

Can't believe there's been no mention of this guy yet. Yes, he did come to prominence in ECW and the WWF but he never was known as a successful singles competitor until he busted his own partner. Do you know who he is?

Can't believe there's been no mention of this guy yet. Yes, he did come to prominence in ECW and the WWF but he never was known as a successful singles competitor until he busted his own partner. Do you know who he is?

I actually wrote up a lengthy post on Bully Ray only to delete it later because I realized even he is trumped by Sting from a historical perspective.

Far and away, today, right now, Bully is in fact the most charismatic guy on the roster, though. I'll give you that without question. You don't become the veritable leader of a room like that, of a company like this, because you're quiet as a mouse and can't handle pressure.

Bobby Roode, he shines where ever you put him on the card, and always gets a reaction. TNA could have built up around him, and failed. You could put him into a program with shark boy and people would still care. He can talk, and he has it. I'm sorry, i wish I could say Joe or AJ, but they really don't have much Charisma, they can wrestle, and when you see their matches you get drawn in, but give them a mic or have them just walk in, it isn't impressive. As a long shot, ODB has a lot of charisma as well, She took a bad gimmick and got over, so that is charisma as well.

As a singles star I think Austin Aries has all the charisma that one really needs.

As a tag team I have to say Bad Influence/Beer Money were the two most charismatic tag teams in recent TNA history.

I'll say AJ Styles as well. He may not be the best talker in the world (although once in a while he can cut great promos) but his ability and his look made him a star where he is today. Despite he's not in TNA right now, he is the most charismatic TNA original in the promotion history

I actually wrote up a lengthy post on Bully Ray only to delete it later because I realized even he is trumped by Sting from a historical perspective.

Far and away, today, right now, Bully is in fact the most charismatic guy on the roster, though. I'll give you that without question. You don't become the veritable leader of a room like that, of a company like this, because you're quiet as a mouse and can't handle pressure.

You'll never see me argue against the Icon - he's been my favorite for over a quarter century.

My reasoning for name checking Bully is simple, so many people love to slag off TNA but I defy anybody (TNA fan or not) to tell me that the Bully Ray of TNA doesn't eclipse any variation that ever appeared in the WWF or ECW.

Sting was the finished article before TNA; TNA made Bully the finished article.

There's no way anyone can dispute the significance of either Sting or Bully Ray in TNA. Both guys have had tremendous careers in TNA and both deserve plenty of accolades. However, there's no way I could justify considering either of them TNA originals. Neither was around in the earliest days of the company, and both guys achieved considerably more success in their days preceding TNA than they did in their days spent there. They were already established veterans before ever entering the six sided ring (then four, now six again). Charismatic? Undoubtedly. Skilled superstars? Undeniably. But TNA originals? Not according to my definition.

I think the dubious honor goes to Jeff Jarrett. You can't get any more original than the guy who started the company, and who spent years there until being cast out a couple of years ago. And I would consider him a pretty charismatic dude. Is he as skilled in the ring as guys like Bully or Sting, is he as talented a superstar, obviously not, but that wasn't the question here, the question here was concerning charisma. When Jarrett was a face, he was quite successful at getting the fans behind him. When he was a heel (more frequent), he was quite capable of eliciting quite a negative response form the crowd. At his heelish best, no one got booed any more vehemently that Jeff Jarrett. And that's charisma, a guy able to get the fans in the palm of his hand, sometimes positively, sometimes negatively, but eliciting a strong response either way.

Sure, he achieved success elsewhere before his TNA tenure, in both WWF and WCW and possibly elsewhere too. But he was never really a main event player there. He was a strong mid carder in these other organizations, not really a top guy. My vote for most charismatic TNA original, Jeff Jarrett.

Honorable mention to Robert Roode, although I'm not sure how far back his time with TNA extends. He's been there since I've been watching, but I'm not sure if he is technically an original either. And to those who said AJ Styles, really? Dude is a tremendous talent, very skilled in the ring, better on the mic than he gets credit for in my opinion, but charismatic is not an adjective I would use to describe him, in fact, he's more of a charisma vacuum than anything.

The Most Charismatic performer in TNA history is, was & will always and forever be....The G'd Up From His Feet Up! "Alpha Male" Monty Brown...And you will feel the Poooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooouncccccee!........Period!

I am surprised you didn t mention him Eric Young from day 1 along with Bobby Roode and AJ Styles

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back