Based on Heavyweight Title Reigns, Who's The Best ??

ztwhite

The Future Mr. Kelly Kelly
After watching Impact this past week, it got me to thinking about who the greatest heavyweight champion of all time is based on the number of title reigns.

I figure there's four guys who deserve to be in the conversation right now - HHH, Kurt Angle, Sting and Ric Flair.

Ric Flair obviously holds the record with 16 heavyweight title reigns and his figure includes the NWA, WCW and WWF / WWE heavyweight straps.

HHH is closing the gap pretty fast having held the WWF / WWE heavyweight straps 13 different times.

Kurt Angle has also been a heavyweight champ 13 different times when you count his WWF / WWE and TNA title reigns.

Sting has also reached the magical number of 13, holding the heavyweight strap in WWA, NWA, WCW and TNA.

When all is said and done, it's likely that either Angle or HHH will surpass Flair's record of 16 heavyweight title reigns, but who will go down as the greatest heavyweight champ of all time ??

Just because Barry Bonds has hit more homeruns than any other Major League Baseball player, most baseball historians consider Babe Ruth or Hank Aaron the greatest homerun hitters of all time, not Bonds. So it's safe to say that despite the highest number, most wrestling historians may not consider the eventual record holder the best.

Thoughts ??

Just using those four as an example, then the guy that should be the best is Flair. Flair held it for years at a time. He was a good champion and a great wrestler. Sting would come a close second with Angle third.

But there have been so many champions and if we are including the WWE title, then there are even more. The amount of title reigns a person is given depends on how far the company he works in wants to push him. So this gives no indication as to who the best is. While Flair is up there, there a guys like Hulk Hogan, Stone Cold Steve Austin, Bret Hart, Shawn Michaels, The Rock and many more guys who couls be called the best.

In my opinion, it's Shawn Michaels, who continues to put on amazing matches. I'm too young to have seen most of the older wrestlers, so that's probably not the best opinion.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back