Best Championship Reign: Kurt Angle

Ace Sleeper

That's some grade 'A' protein!
Continuation of the series their best title reign. Next up we have arguably the best technical wrestler of all time, Kurt Angle. The guy has held multiple titles everywhere, and has made an impact in wresting forever.

TNA:
NWA World Heavyweight Championship (1 time)
TNA World Heavyweight Championship (4 times)
TNA World Tag Team Championship (1 time) – with Sting
TNA X Division Championship (1 time)

WWE/WWF/WCW
WCW United States Championship (1 time)
WCW Championship (1 time)
World Heavyweight Championship (1 time)
WWF/E Championship (4 times)
WWF European Championship (1 time)
WWF Hardcore Championship (1 time)
WWF Intercontinental Championship (1 time)
WWE Tag Team Championship (1 time) – with Chris Benoit

Go.

2000 WWF Title reign.
At this time Kurt was still VERY new to the company and no one took this guy seriously but WWE put him in the main event and him beating guys like HHH and the Rock during this run. I put his title defense at Armageddon in 2000 as my 3rd favorite match of all-time, it was 5 of the biggest stars of all-time (Rock, Taker, Austin, HHH, Angle) and Rikishi all battling it out for the title inside of Hell in a Cell. Who comes out on top? None other than Kurt Angle, it was a fun ride up untill his loss to the Rock which set up Rock vs. Austin at WM17

I would also have to say his first WWF title reign. His IC and European reigns helped him out a lot but like S.J. Maximus said he wasn't taken seriously as a main event star until he beat The Rock for the title. Then going on to successfully defend it against Undertaker. Then again in the six man hell in a cell. With that reign he proved he was a worthy main event star. Plus he had a four or five month reign which was on heard of back then for a heel unless you were HHH.

I would pick his 2002 Title Reign. Sure it wasn't very long but it was the reign that made Angle the surefire main event talent. He also defended the title in classics againts Benoit and Lesnar at it was the one which he closed WM with.

I would have to go with his first WWE title run back when he defeated The Rock at No Mercy in 2000 with the help of Rikishi who cost The Rock 'accidently'..

This match was good and Kurt Angle hadn't even been in the business for a year but his IC and European title runs earlier on in the year helped him get this far and also he did a lot in 2000 also winning the King of the Ring..

With the amount of the top main eventers there was back in that year, Angle managed to put on some good matches and retain his title, going on to Survivor Series and defeating The Undertaker although it was all controversy. He then came to England and successfully defended it in a fatal 4 way match with help from E&C and Radicalz and then the big one, were i bet no one thought he'd come out as winner.. Armageddon Hell in a Cell.. Who'd thought he would retain in this match!! Even though he kinda stole the win after Austin stunned The Rock but he still won!! Then goes to the Rumble and defeats Triple H to go on and lose it to The Rock but it was for a good cause..

It was a coward run but it WAS his first title reign and I think playing that cowardly heel role, he was perfect!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back