• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Who You Want In "Expendables II"

IrishCanadian25

Going on 10 years with WrestleZone
A lot of rumor is out there regarding who will be added to the cast of "The Expendables" for the sequel set to start production next year. Stallone, Statham, Crews, Li, Couture, Austin - all expected back.

Rumor for the 'super villain:'

Bruce Willis. Duh.

With the rumors and options out there, who do YOU want to see in the action sequel next year?

The Rock

dwayne-johnson-2.jpg

Pros: Would either be opposite Steve Austin for the first time since Wrestlemania 19 if he's on the good guys side. Could guest-star RAW to promote it.

Cons: None.

Mel Gibson

displayimage.php

Pros: Would help rekindle his career, bringing over the actual Martin Riggs character would be awesome.

Cons: Drama.

Sasha Mitchell

Pic3.jpg

Pros: Took over for Van Damme in the "Kickboxer" saga, definitely has the skill set.

Cons: It's Cody from Step-by-Step. I mean...it's Cody...

Christopher Lambert

highlanderchristopherlambert.jpg

Pros: He was Highlander AND he was Raiden.

Cons: Has myopia, can be a challenge with stunts.

Carl Weathers

1878783744_01a256936c.jpeg

Pros: Imagine Apollo, Rocky, and Drago all on the same team at once. Also, imagine the subtle joke when Weathers yells at Lundgren "What, are you trying to kill me!?" to which Lundgren replies "It's what I do best."

Cons: What fucking cons!? The man is a spokesperson for Bud Light! TOSS HIM A FUCKING BONE!

Vin Diesel

divo_vin_diesel.jpg

Pros: Had the pedigree, gonna be in "Furious 5" with Dwayne Johnson coming up.

Cons: Popularity seems to have waned a tad.

Chuck Norris

chuck-norris.jpg

Pros: He's Chuck Norris. He is a pro.

Cons: Would render the film unfair. Nobody else would have a chance.

Honorable mention: Mr. T, Hulk Hogan, Lorenzo Lamas, Jean-Claude Van Damme.

FUCK YES great thread man

I agree 100% with Carl Weathers. Rocky, Drago, Apollo on the same team would be absolutely legendary. Plus, if Mr T is in good enough shape then get him in there too for the entire Rocky crew to be on the good guys side!

Also I am fully on board with the Mel Gibson idea. If they could actually call him Martin Riggs and let him bring that character to The Expendables it could be brilliant. I love that loose cannon bastard!

Jean Claude Van Damme

One of the 80s action film legends, just like Lundgren and Stallone. I was surprised that he wasnt involved in the 1st one, but if you are looking at boosting the team then look no further, JCVD is the man and can still put on a great show.

Vin Diesel

Come on, which actor looks more like a battle hardened soldier than Vin? He is massive, jacked up and easily as good an actor as most of the others in the 1st film. Yeah, hes emotionless, but as a killing machine he would rock.

The Rock

One of the best "new" action heroes out there now. I know we are biased being wrestling fans, but it would be great to see Austin and Rock scrapping one more time. Plus, seeing pics of him recently, he is bigger than ever, and we all know how charismatic he is. The guy HAS to be in it.

Steven Seagal

Legend. I love Seagal movies, but he is pretty fat now, and would need to get his ass to the gym to be in with a shot of making the cast for this film. Big question....how would he cope without his long black coat?? Or do you think they would let him wear it? haha

Hulk Hogan

You are making a film starring some of the cheesiest actors ever. You CANNOT...I repeat..CANNOT leave out Mr Nanny himself. Get the Hulkster signed up. And let Austin punch him in the face

Chuck Norris

Why do you think? He would kill them all in 1 punch, then the world would explode, leaving nothing but a Chuck Norris shaped rock floating round space...

Also I have one more...long shot...but I would love it

Shawn Michaels

He is retired...he isnt doing anything. He would have no problem with the fight scenes, he can throw a good punch and kick himself. Shawn is a big name in the US, bigger than Couture and he would look the part. His gravelly voice would fit a soldier character well. I would love to see HBK superkicking some bad guy then machine gunning his ass....what do u think?

I say leave Van Damme out. He's a cocky bastard and a nightmare to work eith. Egomanic if ever one has existed. Sure, he's a good martial artist, but he's an awful actor even for this film, and with an ensemble cast like this, it's critical that the selections be guys who will get along with the team and not, to use a wrestling term, 'go into business for themselves.'

I also say leave Hogan out, and in fact, don't even ask him or bring it up. If he asks, tell him you'll let him know and then ignore him. He's become a drama magnet, and now doesn't even have any redeeming factors. Aside from TNA Wrestling, the only thing he has going for himself are Rent-a-Center commercials. You get the same drama with Mel Gibson, but with far more upside and a chance to save a man's career.

Shawn Michaels would just be frivolous. He's not an action movie star type of guy. I can't put my finger on why, but he lacks that larger than life hero deal that would make him effective in this film. Plus, I would only want to see established action movie stars in this franchise. The Expendables has always read like more of an all-star action film roster.

I do have one more addition. This film needs a heroine (not to be confused with Heroin, which may come into play anyway), but the chick from the first film was not very good and also not attractive at all. I'm ok with that, but if you want someone who is badass AND hot:

large_image-1.jpg

Gina Freaking Carano. One of the 5 hottest female athletes around right now. Smokin, AND it's realistic to buy her in an action film about badassness. I'd heard rumors of Bruce Lee's daughter, who isn't hard on the eyes, but she's mainly retired from films for now.

Interesting points man. I accept your views on JCVD and Hogan, they would probably want to be the centre of attention in every scene and obviously they wouldnt be. Van Damme is supposed to kick the shit out of extras in his movies too, just to show how tough he is. I would like to see Van Damme in there for sure, but he wouldnt be essential.

For an actress, Angelina Jolie would work. She pulled off the action girl role well as Lara Croft, but perhaps she would be too expensive to get considering how high the cast budget must already be in The Expendables??

Or, what about one of the girls from The Fast and The Furious...maybe Jordana Brewster. I could see her in camo...

Another 2 actors I think would work well in this movie would be

Samuel L Jackson

If Willis is to play the bad guy in this one, then Jackson could take on his role as the millitary leader, who recruits the team to take out Bruce and his cronies. SLJ appears in pretty much anything, even in small roles and could play a role similar to the one he had in xXx

Colin Farrell

The "bad boy" role would suit someone like Farrell perfectly. I dont think he is enough of an action hero to be on Sly's team, but as a villian I think he would be pretty good. He is a "MAYBE" though, maybe I am moving too far away from 80s/90s action god here. What do you think?

I still have yet to see the first Expendables (I'm sure I will eventually once it comes on HBO or Showtime), but if Gina Carano and Sasha Mitchell had roles in the first film, I would have gone to the theater to check it out, so obviously... I love those two choices from IC.

In my opinion, however, the best American action star working today is Michael Jai White. If you want an ultimate, kick ass action movie, cast that dude. He's the epitome of bad ass.

Also, there's a guy by the name of Matt Mullins. He was in Blood and Bone with Michael Jai White, and also played Johnny Cage in that popular Mortal Kombat trailer "Rebirth." This guy, you look at him, and he looks like a normal white guy... nothing special. However, when you see him fight, you know you're watching one of the baddest motherfuckers on the planet. Below is his fight scene with Michael Jai White from Blood and Bone (it starts at 2:52). It's incredible:

[YOUTUBE]TVUFlW3aVqQ[/YOUTUBE]

So, yeah... if I were making an ultimate action film like Expendables II will undoubtedly be, he'd for sure be in.

I like the Rock and Carl Weathers ideas. Rock would fit well, but I don't think he'd do it. Carl Weathers I honestly don't see anything bad about it. He's not in the greatest action movie shape though...

Jean Claude Van Damme was offered a spot in the first one and turned it down, so I'm not sure he'd be given a second chance.

And IC, ANYTHING with Gina Carano is worth watcing :icon_biggrin:

I say leave Van Damme out. He's a cocky bastard and a nightmare to work eith. Egomanic if ever one has existed. Sure, he's a good martial artist, but he's an awful actor even for this film, and with an ensemble cast like this, it's critical that the selections be guys who will get along with the team and not, to use a wrestling term, 'go into business for themselves.'

I also say leave Hogan out, and in fact, don't even ask him or bring it up. If he asks, tell him you'll let him know and then ignore him. He's become a drama magnet, and now doesn't even have any redeeming factors. Aside from TNA Wrestling, the only thing he has going for himself are Rent-a-Center commercials. You get the same drama with Mel Gibson, but with far more upside and a chance to save a man's career.

Shawn Michaels would just be frivolous. He's not an action movie star type of guy. I can't put my finger on why, but he lacks that larger than life hero deal that would make him effective in this film. Plus, I would only want to see established action movie stars in this franchise. The Expendables has always read like more of an all-star action film roster.

I do have one more addition. This film needs a heroine (not to be confused with Heroin, which may come into play anyway), but the chick from the first film was not very good and also not attractive at all. I'm ok with that, but if you want someone who is badass AND hot:

large_image-1.jpg

Gina Freaking Carano. One of the 5 hottest female athletes around right now. Smokin, AND it's realistic to buy her in an action film about badassness. I'd heard rumors of Bruce Lee's daughter, who isn't hard on the eyes, but she's mainly retired from films for now.

You say you want established action movie stars but want people like Gina Carano in the film? She not an established action movie star and I do not want Randy Corture and Steve Austin to return in the sequel...Steve Austin is supposed to be dead and Corture really not badass in this film. I like Hal Ceasar to get more action.

I agree HBK is not an action movie star so leave him out and Hogan can barely move. He bel ike Mickey Rourke character bascially, non action character. JCVD not gonna bed in this, not interested in being in big Hollywood films anymore.

And I just like action movie stars who had an impact on the genre, nut pro fighters with no acting expierence who are notg even action moovie stars. I do notg want SLJ in the sequel he does not strike me as an action movied star and Collin Ferrelll sucks.

As for Mel Gibson, I do notg mind if he is in the film but leave the Martin Riggs character out of it. They did not use John Rambo for SLy's character in the film so leave the Martin Riggs character for Lethal Weapon universe. I would like to see a heroine too like get that chick from the Resident Evil films I forget her name at the moment.

Jmt just sold me on Micheal Jai White. Exceptional stuff in Blood and Bone

As I am yet to see the first part I would however encourage that there should be some kinda face-off between Micheal Jai and Jet Li in the sequel, minds. would. explode!
Trust me, just watch that vid posted above.

Also I'd love to see Chuck Norris in some capacity. All this talk over the years about his ridiculous awesomness clouds the fact the he is a very good action star. He would definitely bring something fierce to the table.

Milla Jovovich

The likes of Chuck Norris and Vin Diesel seem inevitable. I can just see Norris on the screen I would laugh so hard.

Yeah, agreed on Milla Jovovich, she totally slipped my mind. Definitely worthy of the action chick role. She was really good in the Resi Evil movies.

And yeah, seeing Chuck Norris back on the big screen would be amazing. He surely has to have been offered a role...the fans would love it.

You say you want established action movie stars but want people like Gina Carano in the film? She not an established action movie star and I do not want Randy Corture and Steve Austin to return in the sequel...Steve Austin is supposed to be dead and Corture really not badass in this film. I like Hal Ceasar to get more action.

The point about Carano is something I'd considered even before I'd posted the idea to include her. My thought process is that being an established star is less important for the female heroine role than it is for some of the more focal male roles in a film like this one. I also think that Carano would be an established enough presence from her MMA career to pull it off more so than her equivalent male counterparts would be.

As for Mel Gibson, I do not mind if he is in the film but leave the Martin Riggs character out of it. They did not use John Rambo for SLy's character in the film so leave the Martin Riggs character for Lethal Weapon universe. I would like to see a heroine too like get that chick from the Resident Evil films I forget her name at the moment.

I was never a Milla Jojovich fan myself. I'm also not a Michelle Rodriguez guy. Maybe that's just personal preference, though. I'd take Carano over either of them.

The spanish chick from Rush Hour 2 would be a solid #3 if Carano and the hot chick from Fast and the Furious are out of the running.

Oh, and as for Austin, he's already confirmed for the sequel. He took two bullets, but we never saw him die.

The point about Carano is something I'd considered even before I'd posted the idea to include her. My thought process is that being an established star is less important for the female heroine role than it is for some of the more focal male roles in a film like this one. I also think that Carano would be an established enough presence from her MMA career to pull it off more so than her equivalent male counterparts would be.

I was never a Milla Jojovich fan myself. I'm also not a Michelle Rodriguez guy. Maybe that's just personal preference, though. I'd take Carano over either of them.

The spanish chick from Rush Hour 2 would be a solid #3 if Carano and the hot chick from Fast and the Furious are out of the running.

Oh, and as for Austin, he's already confirmed for the sequel. He took two bullets, but we never saw him die.

I just feel it be more epic if we had already established action movie stars and not guys or females who either never acted or are shitty action movie stars like Austin and Corture...I mean I'm not a fan of them guys in action films.

Just think the film be better if people who are big action movie stars are in it and Austin and Corture are not big action movie stars....dono why both of them got put in the first film. Terry Crews character Hale Ceasar needs more screen time...if thats the case for guys like Austin I want John Cena in the sequel.

Yes, I Would Like to See Him in the Movie

Jean-Claude Van Damme- I don't care how difficult he is to work with, he's one of the biggest action-movie stars of all time. This guy was the very definition of actions movies in the early 1990's, and the first Expendables didn't seem right without him.

Steven Seagal- In my opinion, Seagal isn't far behind JCVD. He isn't in nearly good enough physical condition to hang with these guys on set, but a cameo would be nice.

Michael Jai White- The dude is an absolutely sick martial artist, and he's huge. He has always played a decent villain, and should take Steve Austin's part in the next movie (second-hand bad guy).

Wesley Snipes- IF he's out of prison in time, I would like to see him take over the main-villain spot. Great martial artist, decent actor, and still a big name.

Vin Diesel- I've always found this guy to be somewhat of an underrated actor, and he's a freakin monster. If Snipes isn't available to be the villain, I would like to see Vin get a shot at playing a bad guy.

No, I Do Not Want To See This Guy in the Movie

Hulk Hogan- The guy is a complete and total joke when it comes to movies. Mr. Nanny? Suburban Commando? Gimme a break. He just doesn't deserve the honor, period.

Mr. T- I say no only because he's a complete moron. He's a terrible actor, and really adds nothing besides the crowd laughing at him everytime he hits the screen.

Chuck Norris- I like Chuck Norris, but he also has a Mr. T-ish thing going on. He's been a total joke for so long (Walker, Texas Ranger), I'm not sure how well he would fit in.

The Guys I Really Hope Do Not Return for This Movie

Steve Austin- There's no bigger Austin mark on the planet than myself. But he died (sort of), and I really don't see how he can tie into the sequel. And let's be honest; he sucks in movies.

Randy Couture- He was quite possibly the worst character in the first movie. He can't act, he can't talk, he can't do much of anything. I really hope he's left out, but he won't be.

Kurt Russell - The guy was Jack O' Neil before Richard Dean Anderson turned the role into a pile of shit. Has all the right credentials, once a huge action star, career on the wane, plus he was in Tango and Cash, a film that ends with a high five.

Thats pretty much the only one I've not seen in this thread yet, gotta agree with Carl Weathers as well, maybe a dose of Wesley Snipes. The Rock would be pretty cool too.

Fuck it, Paul Hogan needs the money, now that would be awesome.

Yes, I Would Like to See Him in the Movie

Jean-Claude Van Damme- I don't care how difficult he is to work with, he's one of the biggest action-movie stars of all time. This guy was the very definition of actions movies in the early 1990's, and the first Expendables didn't seem right without him.

Steven Seagal- In my opinion, Seagal isn't far behind JCVD. He isn't in nearly good enough physical condition to hang with these guys on set, but a cameo would be nice.

Michael Jai White- The dude is an absolutely sick martial artist, and he's huge. He has always played a decent villain, and should take Steve Austin's part in the next movie (second-hand bad guy).

Wesley Snipes- IF he's out of prison in time, I would like to see him take over the main-villain spot. Great martial artist, decent actor, and still a big name.

Vin Diesel- I've always found this guy to be somewhat of an underrated actor, and he's a freakin monster. If Snipes isn't available to be the villain, I would like to see Vin get a shot at playing a bad guy.

No, I Do Not Want To See This Guy in the Movie

Hulk Hogan- The guy is a complete and total joke when it comes to movies. Mr. Nanny? Suburban Commando? Gimme a break. He just doesn't deserve the honor, period.

Mr. T- I say no only because he's a complete moron. He's a terrible actor, and really adds nothing besides the crowd laughing at him everytime he hits the screen.

Chuck Norris- I like Chuck Norris, but he also has a Mr. T-ish thing going on. He's been a total joke for so long (Walker, Texas Ranger), I'm not sure how well he would fit in.

The Guys I Really Hope Do Not Return for This Movie

Steve Austin- There's no bigger Austin mark on the planet than myself. But he died (sort of), and I really don't see how he can tie into the sequel. And let's be honest; he sucks in movies.

Randy Couture- He was quite possibly the worst character in the first movie. He can't act, he can't talk, he can't do much of anything. I really hope he's left out, but he won't be.

I agree Austin and Randy are terrible in movies and are not action movie legends so they had no buisness in the first film. And I agree about Chuck Norris, Walker Texas Ranger was so silly and lame. Like the fights and everything were just lame I do not know how people thought that series was good.

good choices guys, can definitely see some of these guys in action.

Some other names:
Samuel L Jackson Just for the attitude he can bring. A cameo would be nice.

Scott Adkins liked him in 'Undisputed 2 and 3'. I think it would be nice to see him in a bigger project and he can get the job done

Daniel Bernhardt took over JCVD in the Bloodsport series and played a small role in the Matrix 2

Now I have seen Wesley Snipes getting mentioned...... YES

Snipes is a beast, he is jacked up to the max, and in Blade he was awesome. Definately capable of pulling off a convincing villian or killing machine.

Great shout!

Yeah Wesley Snipes as a bad guy who be great considering he was a good bad guy in the movie New Jack City and the film Brookyln's Finest. But he have to be out of prison by time the film comes out. How great they be for him as soon he get out he gets to be in a film like that and get paid the big bucks.

Yeah Wesley Snipes as a bad guy who be great considering he was a good bad guy in the movie New Jack City and the film Brookyln's Finest. But he have to be out of prison by time the film comes out. How great they be for him as soon he get out he gets to be in a film like that and get paid the big bucks.

Haha is Wesley actually in jail right now? I remember reading somewhere that he was on the run due to tax evasion or something like that?

Yeah would be great for him to come out of jail and then get paid loads to appear in a film like this. How long is he locked up for?

Haha is Wesley actually in jail right now? I remember reading somewhere that he was on the run due to tax evasion or something like that?

Yeah would be great for him to come out of jail and then get paid loads to appear in a film like this. How long is he locked up for?

I dono maybe 2 years.....but John Cena should be in this film as a villian since he cannot be one in the WWE. Cena I beleive can be a action movie star up their with the greats if he gets put in good action films....this can begin all of this for him.

I dono maybe 2 years.....but John Cena should be in this film as a villian since he cannot be one in the WWE. Cena I beleive can be a action movie star up their with the greats if he gets put in good action films....this can begin all of this for him.

I dunno man, he can be good but he comes off as bodyguard rather than an action hero on screen. Friggin' HUGE!!

Good point but really these days who is a huge action action star, whose fucking buffed up. Diesel ain't so jacked no more, Rock got jacked for Faster and is losing summa that excess muscle (reports). I'm just saying we look at more toned and chiseled action stars these days.

^ Agreed Bruce Willis proved that you do not have to be buffed to be a good action movie star.....and I love if Denzel Washington was in a film like this after his performance in The Book Of Eli....the fight scenes in that movie was sick. The sword fights and all were well done and Denzel worked it man.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back