The Expendables

Status
Not open for further replies.

Vash21

Pre-Show Stalwart
[YOUTUBE]C6RU5y2fU6s[/YOUTUBE]

I dunno about the rest of you but I am actually looking forward to this movie. Yes it is kind of a novelty what with it including all the old past action stars, but it still looks pretty cool.

For those of you who don't know I will recap all of the stars in the movie

Stone Cold Steve Austin
Randy Couture
Sylvester Stallone
Arnold Schwarzenegger (bit part because he is still governor of California)
Bruce Willis
Jason Statham
Dolph Lundgren
Jet Li
Mickey Rourke

And last but not least your favorite and mine

Mr ERIC ROBERTS.

yea I know Roberts sucks but the Best of the Best was a good movie.

Its a shame that they couldn't get Chuck Norris, Jean Claud Van Dam, and Steven Seagal to sign on, maybe for Expendables 2.

I was looking forward to it more before I saw the latest trailer. Everything before that told me it was going to be a very silly and enjoyable action film. The current trailer made me think it's going to take itself very seriously.

It also told me which of The Expendables get blown up first and it also showed Bruce Willis & Arnie. What is the point in a cameo that they show you in the trailer? I know it's common knowledge that they'd show up, but you should still leave something for the film.

I can't see an Expendables 2. They're not living up to their name if a lot of the cast survive. Stallone & Statham should be alright. But I don't think things are looking good for Jet Li. Although he will get to take out that massive turncoat Lundgren before he dies.

I could probably tell you the whole story of The Expendable right now actually. Then we can see how right I am when it comes out.

Its a film i am massively looking forward to. You shouldnt expect some dramatic piece of acting, clearly, but a kick-arse action film and a lot of these guys are people who are action legends. I dont want to write 1 of those patronising 'for what it is, it'll be good' but it'll be a good, fun action film that i'm really looking forward to. Who doesnt like films where shit gets blown up and people beat the shit out of each other?

This movie is going to be ridiculously amazing. Looking at the cast, the movie won't be able to pretend it's something that it's not. It won't be a thought provoking masterpiece. What it will be is an explosion filled blockbuster with testosterone seeping out of the film canister. I expect that when I leave the theatre, I will suddenly have a fully grown beard.

I look at this movie as a farewell to the action star. In the last decade or two, we've seen the action movies dispersed among more and more actors, as opposed to a select few. If the action star is a dying breed, they will be going out with a bang!

I'm in love with this move. I can't wait to see it. It looks really good, and for some of these guys (Sly, Arnold) it's their last hurrah... it's their last big action role. This is an homage to all those 80s action movies that were absolutely jaw dropping that we all loved so much. Every trailer makes me want to see it more and more, I can't wait.

I was looking forward to it more before I saw the latest trailer. Everything before that told me it was going to be a very silly and enjoyable action film. The current trailer made me think it's going to take itself very seriously.

It also told me which of The Expendables get blown up first and it also showed Bruce Willis & Arnie. What is the point in a cameo that they show you in the trailer? I know it's common knowledge that they'd show up, but you should still leave something for the film.

I can't see an Expendables 2. They're not living up to their name if a lot of the cast survive. Stallone & Statham should be alright. But I don't think things are looking good for Jet Li. Although he will get to take out that massive turncoat Lundgren before he dies.

I could probably tell you the whole story of The Expendable right now actually. Then we can see how right I am when it comes out.

I have to admit I'm not as crazy about it as before I saw the trailer, but it still looks like it can deliver. The thing about these movies is that they can't show too much in the trailers if they want to wow the crowd with the action. Rambo 4 suffered from this but it ended up being an excellent action film. And I trust Stallone in that sense to deliver here.

Yes, a fair amount of the cast has to die, but I don't think that means that there can't be a sequel if it's successful. There is still a good amount of action stars left in hollywood that wasn't cast in this... like Seagal and JCVD. If Stallone can convince them to be in a sequel by showing them how good this one turned out, despite all the potential egos, they can make it work.

In any case I'm still looking forward to this. I like Stallone's track record and I'm a fan of basically everyone in this movie.

This is the one movie I have been waiting for all year, I am salivating at the carnage. If Sly has made this anything like Rambo we are in for an action fans wet dream, with the added topping of The Stath, Rourke, Bruce Willis and Arnie :)

I cannot wait....WOOOOOO!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back