• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Who Would Benefit More From a Face Turn? Orton, Jericho or Edge?

I think you are all mostly right about Edge, that's the logical choice. But if McMahon and the WWE have taught us anything, it's that logic has nothing to do with wrestling. This is why I think Randy Orton is the face you are looking for. Many of you have said that he failed miserably as a face last time around but things have changed since then and most people can't even remember that. It is because of his previous failure as a face that I think should he try it again it would work. He was there in 07 leading into 08. The fans were behind him all the way to take out Cena and that was amazing. It was the Stone Cold effect, he was the anti-hero that everyone wants to back. Everyone it seemed wanted him to win and we got it at No Mercy, but it was a cheap way of doing it. I think they at WWE saw the fans support for him and needed it to change to keep him a heel which is why Triple H was put in the mix. Think about it, it's a full circle win-win. Triple H being way over with the fans automatically makes Orton the heel in the scenario and keeps him where the company wants him, Triple H get's another title reign albeit short but another number in the books, and then later in the night having Orton beat Triple H makes the fans absolutely hate him all over again, setting up for Cena to return as the uber face once again. See, full circle. I think Cena is the best candidate for heel in the company, but out of the three options Orton could really do it and no one would expect it. He has the least Face credentials, and possibly the most time left in the company, there is much to be done with this one. With Edge being the obvious choice I need not explain. He has been a face before and was successful, one could argue it is the reason he made it to being the super heel he is now, so everyone already knows Edge can do it. Right now it looks like that might happen but we'll have to wait and see. Jericho, who has had the most face success is probably never going back to the whole Y2J thing. He is a master heel, and one of the best I have ever seen. I could only imagine what this heel Jericho could have done in a program with The Rock, or Stone Cold. He's the smart heel so you could imagine what would come of that, he is as good as he says in the ring so he could take it to either of them as well. Imagine an Orton/Jericho feud right now, that could be insane. There is your ticket to a face turned Orton and maintaining Jericho's heel heat right there. All three of them though have someone to look out for in the heel department though and underline this because I'm telling you it's true. John Cena, I picture him as the biggest heel in the company. Imagine him using his smart remarks and humorous kind of sarcastic rants on the fans or on a face once he has turned heel. He could be that smart ass that has everyone's number and can back it up. Just wait and see, if they do it, he will be bigger than all of them.

We've had face Jericho before and this angle he's got right now is still sort of hot. I don't think he wants to turn back just yet due to his unbelievable heat he's recieving at these shows. The "Grown-Up, Heel" Jericho is a work of art and I don't think that creative wants him to give it up anytime soon.

Orton is being regarded as "the future"...this heel role he has now has taken him to a whole new level as a sports entertainer. He's going to win the belt and probably be an Edge-type heel for the next few years.

Edge is so marketable, its ridiculous....he is the next to turn possibly after WM25.

Jericho is bland as a face, and Orton simply is too good as heel (not to mention not good as face).

Thus, the answer is Edge, if only be default.

Without a doubt, there has never been a time period in the WWE where the heels were keeping the company afloat. And its a good thing too. The WWE's top babyface (John Cena) is boo'd by half the crowd. In my opinion, Orton, Edge, n Jericho are the wuns people actually tune in see especially Orton. All 3 of them are great at there respective roles but which wun would benifit most from a babyface turn? Lets eliminate Orton right off the bat. He is way to good of a heel (the best heel) to make that kinda turn. Plus he SUCKED as a face.

That leaves Jericho n edge who were both heavy fan favorites at wun point so it wud be wun of those two. I could see Edge making a face turn, with this whole thing with vickie n big show thing and i can ppl repsonding well to it (kinda like the HHH n stephanie mcmahon thing). It would make the most sense and he can still keep his "Ultimate Oppertunist" gimick sorta Eddie Guerrero kept his "Lie Cheat n Steal" gimick when he turned face. For Jericho to be a babyface again, he have to grow his hair back, lose the gay little underwear tights n bring back the Iotola of Rock n Rolla gimick which i dont see happening. I'd have to say Edge.

I can hardly remeber jericho as a face, real forgetfull.

Are you serious? Suffering from memory loss can be the only excuse for saying face Jericho was forgetable. Because I think most people can remember pretty damn well what he was like as a face from 2000-2001. He cut some of the best promos ever during that time (remember his Dr. Seuss style promo in the Chris Benoit feud?) and he was second only to The Rock on the mic.

And he was more over as a face in 2000 than he is as a heel in 2009, in my opinion. Does anyone remember the WWF Title match on Raw with Jericho vs Triple H? Jericho pinned HHH for the 3 and the crowd went absolutely nuts. That was one of the loudest crowd reactions ever heard in the attitude era, and that's saying something. And you can't blame the huge crowd reaction on Triple H being so hated, because this was about 3 years before wrestling fans started to resent him.
But Jericho as a face when he returned last year was horrible. His hair didn't look cool and his promos didn't have the edge the used to.
But if we can get the face Jericho back from 2000, it'll be like having a small part of the attitude era back and the crowd will love him.

I know that I probably should pick one, but I won't. The answer to me is none. I just won't like to see them as a face. The all are better as heels. None of them one a World Title as a face, that I can remember, except Orton, with his first title reign, and maybe Jericho had one back during the Invasion. Either way all face title reigns weren't too great, if I can't even remember them. Out of all of them Jericho, is the best babyface, but I just can't see it again. Edge would seem odd without the Ultimate Opportunist gimmick, plus he never won a world title without that gimmick. Orton, couldn't see it for a long time, plus when he was a face, it didn't seem like him.

So the answer to me is none. Although Jericho can play the role.

Easily Edge....Orton sucks as a face and Jericho has been doing great with his heel turn and I don't see him turning face anytime soon. Edge seems to be heading toward the tweener role with him finding out about Vickie and Big Show. I assume the fans hate Vickie more than Edge and I can see them sympathizing with him to a certain extent. Edge hasn't been a face in a while so I believe he can pull it off.

I think Edge could play a good face. He could play the tweener face that has been missing since Austin had been gone. The seeds for that are already in place.

This is a tough call. I love them all so much as heels that losing any of them would be a tough blow. Well, definitely not Orton. He's on such a massive roll that a turn would completely undercut all of his momentum.

Between Edge and Jericho I'll say Edge. The last time he was a face fans turned on him because he was boring. Now they've built up so much respect for him as the heel that it's cool to cheer. So if he turned they'd probably still love him. But he needs to retain his "edge." As in, he can't be a cookie cutter face like he used to be. He has to be like a rock star. He has to still be rated R.

Jericho. Think about it. Edge is the lead bad guy on Smackdown, you would have to push someone like Big Show (which I am sure that he could handle it). Orton could not in the near future because of Priceless and HHH. Also Orton is the main (and top) bad guy on Raw, then who do you have play the heel? Jericho needs to be like what he was when he first came into the WWE a smarta$$ and see the light of respect.

I never thought this thread would get so much attention, but its quite the debate.
Though Edge is the "face of choice" in regards to the majority there have been good arguments for all three. But like most of you, I also think that the WWE is starting to swerve Edge into a face right after WM25.

Very close between Edge & Y2J.

Edge, he's been a heel for years and could experiment and grow as a face. He could enter into new fueds whilst still keeping his character. Like No Fate said, he could do the same things, just against heels instead of faces, he'd also need to stop bagging the crowd and such.

Y2J, he's great as a face and can obviously pull it off. The only thing would be he'd probably have to bring back the "Y2J" gimmick.

I would say Edge, just because it's been so long and would be new and interesting to see him as a face. We've already seen Jericho as face plenty of times and know he's decent at either heel or face, but his heel persona right now is gold so no need to change it, Edge is my choice.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back