• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Who would be the best option for the United States Championship?

Crush1

Getting Noticed By Management
Well it seems that after 6 months that R-truth has disappeared from the bottom of the earth and that Shelton is a fluke as a US Champion. Well i'm thinking that the WWE could better give it to someone else or have a mid-carder feud with benjamin. There are a lot of options but i have my personal own picks on who the Champ should be.

Mr Kennedy:
It seems that the WWE is trying to yet again push this guy. So what better way to push him than to give him a title. He isnt going to main even smackdown that's for sure but he needs a feud and being a champion gives him that option.

The Big Show:
Lets face it the Big Show is going nowhere on smackdown. He had a disapointing feud with Taker and now it seems he's fighting with Edge over Vickie (!?) This guy's a monster he's billed as the largest athlete in the WORLD so how can someone who is so huge not be a champion??
Show could put some of the young guys over similar to what Kane used to do or even feud with the whole mid-card division as some monster who wants to prove himself to Vickie.

So who do you think should be the US Champ?? feel free to discuss!

I want The Brian Kendrick as champion. He has great charisma, mic and ring skills, and he play's his character very well. The problem is they are putting him in a tag team again. Although it's an interesting team and Ezkiel is pretty good, I think Kendrick is good enough to go on his own. I don't know if it's because of his size or what but he has talent and could bring alot more attention and heat to the belt then Benjamin does.

I am probably the only smark to actually like R-Truth. I mean his rapping "what's up" gimmick does get tireding after a while but the fans seem to enjoy it and he was getting pretty good pops. Ron Killings also has talent and can work well in the ring and his style is usually eaten up by fans. R-Truth would have been the obvious and best option to beat Shelton but WWE decided for whatever reason to can him prematurely for now.
Hurricane Helms would have been another option but since he just jobbed to Kozlov last Smackdown, it might make the title look weak so maybe not him

I say stick with Shelton for a while. He's doing fine. Actually booking him as a champion that can defeat his opponents clean is making him look like he deserves to be champ, rather than their typical "he's a heel so he can't beat anybody without cheating" or "he's a face so he needs to lose every match that isn't for a title" concept.

But when it comes down to Shelton needing to lose it, Smackdown only has one star currently that could fit the situation, and that's Kennedy. Helms and R-Truth could stay face midcarders that are lower than Kennedy on the scale, but I can't see either of them being an entertaining United States champion. Kendrick is a heel and he would be better suited winning the tag team titles with Ezekiel from Carlito/Primo.

I think the person that should be US champion is the current US champion Shelton Benjamin. The WWE already screwed up a couple years ago when he went from a high mid card guy to a low mid card guy, and the only way to keep that from happening again is to keep him as the US champion until they feel he's ready to at least compete for the heavyweight title. The only other guy I wouldn't have minded being the US champion would have been R Truth, but the WWE has buried him as of late so it doesn't look like that will happen.

I'm going to agree with the last two posts and say keep it on Shelton. I do have to say though I think they should change how he is being booked. Let the man defend the title week in and week out. Allow him to be a cocky heel who has an open challenge to anyone and have him somehow keep winning cleanly. Put him over people like Show and Umaga. Let him hold the title for lets say middle of the year when it takes one of the main event guys to take it from him. Maybe let it be a face Christian eventually after he does the heel thing against Hardy. Shelton has the ability to get pushed to the moon and the more he will win over faces the more the crowd will hate him. The IC title use to be the workhorse title and I think they should have Shelton turn the US title into the same thing. He is capable of putting on entertain match after entertaining match. Not to mention he has a history of going over HHH one of the few so how far out of reach would it be for him to manage another win over him in some manner even if its by intereference from Edge or something during their feud. Also once Kennedy returns it gives him a solid person to feud with but i don't think even then to take the belt off of him. If booked correctly Shelton could become a huge star and bring prominence to the Smackdown midcard title

I like te choice of Kennedy as champ would be great. Kennedy is getting ready for a push, and the united states championship would be a good push in my view. That is if WWE would actually let him wrestle and not just run around and talk about his movie.

I also think that Hurricane Helms could be an option, it might be alittle to early right now, but in a few months or so he could be a good champion. He seems to be getting a push, and he left in a rivalrie with matt hardy for the us title. I think it would be cool to see him as champ again.

The best option for the United States Champion is the current champion Shelton Benjamin. Having him as the champion has only forced himself to keep playing the game. He seems more energetic with the belt and his confidence is through the roof. Keep pushing him, keep having him win, and put him in some great feuds. Hopefully it will serve as an elevator up into the main event. Shelton should turn face however once he reaches the main event. A face Shelton could then drop the belt to someone in the higher ranks, such as The Big Show, but give Shelton a great match with him. After that, put him in a story line with Triple H, play up their history and have Shelton win there. He could then challenge Edge for the title post Wrestlemania.

you can't choose kennedy right now cause he's injured

I think instead of having the heel steel the title from the face
the face (r-truth) should steal the title from the heels a la los guerreros a few years back

They could have a fatal fourway with Shelton, Helms, MVP, and R-Truth and have Truth pin MVP causing Shelton to lose the title without even being pinned setting up a feud

you can't choose kennedy right now cause he's injured

I think instead of having the heel steel the title from the face
the face (r-truth) should steal the title from the heels a la los guerreros a few years back

They could have a fatal fourway with Shelton, Helms, MVP, and R-Truth and have Truth pin MVP causing Shelton to lose the title without even being pinned setting up a feud

If Kennedys "injured" he shouldnt be running around on tv and talkng about it. he really needs to get into the ring. and another thing how was kennedy doing a movie while he was "injured" i think that whole thing was a setup to give him time to work on the movie.

and r truth hasnt done anything to prove he can keep up with the demands of WWE. you hardly ever see him on TV anyway, i dont think he has been pushed enough. I think that we should either give up the title to kennedy, or wait for helms to get over enough to get the title. or let shelton keep it.

Well i would let Shelton have it until WrestleMania 25 and then let him loose it that show to some one that could take it from him and it would be good for the title , it wouldn't make it less credible or anything it would make it better than it is now and the person that can do this is Edge.

"What your out of your mind , he is going to main event WrestleMania, he doesn't need it" I hear you say. Well when you think about it , it could work. Have Edge and Big Show continue this little thing they are in and then have Vickie turn on Edge making edge turn face and having him get screwed out of the elimination chamber match. So he gets in the US title match with benjiman but the rules are that it is NO dq for Shelton and it's jsut normal rules for Edge. Then he over comes the odds and beats Benjiman. Then this leaves room for another Heel to come and have another lenghty run with it . Like TBK or something.

Then this also leaves the main event spot to Jeff Hardy and Christian to feud over the title. Thus making it 2 new faces on the main event scene at Mania, Not having Triple H or Taker there either and it means Jeff could have a 4 month title run instead of dropping the title at rumble or no way out.

Well i would let Shelton have it until WrestleMania 25 and then let him loose it that show to some one that could take it from him and it would be good for the title , it wouldn't make it less credible or anything it would make it better than it is now and the person that can do this is Edge.

"What your out of your mind , he is going to main event WrestleMania, he doesn't need it" I hear you say. Well when you think about it , it could work. Have Edge and Big Show continue this little thing they are in and then have Vickie turn on Edge making edge turn face and having him get screwed out of the elimination chamber match. So he gets in the US title match with benjiman but the rules are that it is NO dq for Shelton and it's jsut normal rules for Edge. Then he over comes the odds and beats Benjiman. Then this leaves room for another Heel to come and have another lenghty run with it . Like TBK or something.

Then this also leaves the main event spot to Jeff Hardy and Christian to feud over the title. Thus making it 2 new faces on the main event scene at Mania, Not having Triple H or Taker there either and it means Jeff could have a 4 month title run instead of dropping the title at rumble or no way out.

thats an interesting idea, but i highly doubt that edge would drop from the main event spot to the U.S title. Christian, i forgot about him he could come back with this whole returning icon angle, then he and benjamin could go at it at mania and end up having christian win it.

Christian to my knowledge was never a main event guy. he was getting there, but then he whent to TNA. and thier main eventers are like midcard WWE superstars. except Kurt Angle,Sting,and Samoa Joe. i dont think it would be right for him to just come in and automatically be put in the main event spot.

Ive been wpndering, maybe we will see Christian ccome at the rumble, win the rumble, then have jeff drop the belt to edge, then have edge vs christian going into mania. Just a thought

The Brian Kendrick. the guy has Talent and face it its not looking good in the Championship department. I can't see him with the big one, but giving him the title could really elavate him as a Wrestler and it can be a good way to see how he can handle Pressure. I think he could pull it off perfectly and it woiuld be a great way to start his Single's Collection.
plus it would be Really entertaining. with how Cocky he is as a Heel and how well he moves he could actually give the Title some meaning.
Either that or give it back to MVP and let him have some proper fueds with it. he wasnt so bad as champion. (well better then Shelton.)

Man, the WWE really dropped the ball with Shelton Benjamin once again. This reign as the United States Champion could have helped him elevate himself into possible main eventer. Instead, we get a champion who hardly wrestles and hardly even defends his belt. He brags about holding it for so long, yet he's had no more than about 3 title defences in his 6 months as the champion. When he loses his title, I really hope he doesn't get lost in the shuffle. He has certainly been a disappointing US Champion thus far.

As to who he should lose it to, I'm going to say the Big Show. Mainly because it'd be fresh and he's not doing anything important anyway, at the present moment. I don't want to see Mr Kennedy win the United States Title, basically because I think he's above the mid-card level and needs to be pushed further up the card, possibly even to the main event level. R-Truth is another option, but I think he's too new for the belt. Then there's the smark darling, The Brian Kendrick. In all honesty, I'd be all for a Kendrick title reign, if he wasn't in the tag team title hunt though.

Umaga is another good option, but to win the title off another heel, it would have to be in a multiman match. I've got the perfect idea, at No Way Out have Shelton defend his title against both Umaga and The Big Show in a triple threat match. Have the Big Show win the title by pinning Shelton, so then Umaga can challenge Big Show for the title at Wrestlemania 25. While Shelton is in the Money in the Bank ladder match once again. So at the present moment, I'm pulling for a Big Show reign as the United States Championship. His reign could also be used to elevate MVP or another good mid-carder.

I would love to see The Brian Kendrick. The guy seriously deserves a middle card level push bad, as he so far seems to be going nowhere against the tag champions. The Brian Kendrick showed all the tools over the summer that he could make a great champion. Now the tricky part is how do we put the title on him as current champion Shelton Benjamin is also a heel.

Shelton's reign seemed to start off strong, but much like Gregory Helms CW reign in its second half, a lack of competition and attention that he is the middle card champion have made many, including me, forget for a bit that he was even US champion. It's not entirely Shelton's fault for another poor reign. Injuries to Kennedy prevented them from having their match for the title at Summerslam, as well R-Truth really dropped the ball in Shelton's next feud, as well as Hurricane Helms too. The problem was the pair weren't given pushes where they seemed like a legitimate threat for Shelton's gold. They just seemed like random challengers that Shelton would wipe out till the real deal came along. Shelton has performed well in many matches over the summer, especially those verse Jeff Hardy and MVP, shouldn't be put down to far like the last time he lost a middle card title, but slight side track there.

Kendrick should win the title via some fatal four way match involving himself, Benjamin, I guess Hurricane, and Kennedy. Have Helms and Shelton get eliminated, then have Kendrick win on account of Ezekiel interference. It'll fuel a Kendrick vs Kennedy feud, which if I had two choices I'd pick Kennedy also to be US champion. From there, if Kendrick wins, he could have lots of different opponents to choice from such as Kennedy, R-Truth, Helms, Carlito & Primo, and the apparently soon to be turning faces MVP and Umaga.

Give it to Mr. Kennedy. It's the only logical choice.

He's over with the fans, that's clear. He hasn't been wrestling in a long time so it's someone fresh. He's charasmatic and shouldn't be pushed to the WWE Title YET. Give him some more time to establish himself with the U.S Title and give him around 8 months to train himself up in the ring. Then, push him onto the WWE Title. Plus, it's just another fresh face in the title scene. We need a face U.S Champion now, and Mr Kennedy is the man for that.

Shelton Benjamin is a great champion and i have always held him in high regard, hes a great athlete and mat technician something that is serverly lacking in wwe.

If I had to change it i would give it to (dlo brown if they hadnt axed him, hes one of my top superstars) but with him out of it, I would like it to go to Koslov, I dont want to see him as World Champ yet, and if they were gonna give him it, they wouldnt of brought back Edge into the fold yet.

This will give him the opputunity to fight guys like helms, benjamin, kennedy and improve his skills and find what really does work for the moscow mauler

Honestly? No one..

Until they decide to restore the Championship to being meaningful again, they might as well keep it on someone who has great wrestling skills, but sucks through promos and other areas.. that way the title will give them a reason to be used.

Shelton Benjamin has been an AWFUL Champion, but not because he's bad.. it's because they aren't trying to use him anymore. They had a minor feud with R-Truth lined up, and since then.. it's been what? Random title defenses against a ring-rusted Gregory "Hurricane" Helms, or a forgotten Brian Kendrick?

Until they decide to refocus on that part of their brand.. they might as well not change a thing. Benjamin is at least entertaining and fun to watch, more so than having the strap on someone like a Kennedy or M.V.P., who don't need Championships to get over.

MVP.

I don't know about you, but the losing streak story has made him a very sympathetic character. Schedule a match with Shelton Benjamin having a "mystery opponent", and have Benjamin cut a promo about how amazing he is, and how long he's held the belt. Cue MVP's music, and out he comes. MVP cuts a promo, saying that he was the longest running US Champ in recent history, and Benjamin hasn't even defended his title very often. Have them put on a great match with the crowd going behind MVP, and have P win it setting him up for a face turn.

The only problem with that is he's been there before. MVP had I believe the fourth longest title reign in the near 35 year history of the US title. It's like when Jericho won the IC belt last year. It served no purpose other than to give him a belt. MVP will get over simply by being a big face. The US title is almost dead as it is. MVP's storyline will do fine as it is, with him finally embracing the fans and then getting that big win. Beating Shelton would be nice, but there's little reason to give him the title.

Shelton Benjamin

One of the reasons why his title reign hasn't been as good as his previous ones is the level of competition. Kennedy and Umaga are injured, R-Truth isn't that good and Helms just got back from injury. I would have rather seen him go to RAW so he can feud with the likes of Mysterio, Punk, and Kofi. As of right now, he;s the only option to hold the U.S. title right now.

I say trade midcard champions, throw Shelton back to RAW with the Championship and let him compete against the likes of Cody Rhodes, diBiase, Manu, Kofi, etc.

The Intercontinental Title needs new contenders too, so it would be nice to see ECW and SmackDown! superstars competing for a belt that is definitely more over within the WWE and would make them look better than they look today without even the US Championship.

I think the belt should stay with Benjamin. Like others said, there hasn't really been any competition and they haven't lined up a feud for Shelton to eventually drop the title. So let him roll with the belt until it needs to be given to someone to build them up and get them over. I'm a big Benjamin supporter, so I'm happy he is receiving air time. But they really need to get him into a nice feud soon, cause all he is doing is defeating people in title matches that are pointless (though a win is a win).

I don't see Hardy going back to being US Champion so it wouldn't make much sense for him to hold it. I'm going to suggest someone who has a personality and that would actually get a chance to defend the belt. Give the thing to Kendrick. At least he has an attitude.

I think that the two best guys for the title currently would be The Big Show or The Brian Kendrick. Kendrick is a great wrestler, and I think him being champ would elevate the belt. The problem is that he may be affected by the curse of the United States Champ, aka he would be good for a bit then be buried because they have nothing for him. The Big Show as champ might be better because he is a proven main eventer, and you can't ever forget the big man. So I think of he was the champion, he would be in matches for it more often, unlike the current situation. Big Show is probably best for the time being.

Although, he's already gotten a shot at it, I think the US title needs to go to Gregory Helms. Maybe give him a mini-feud with some other mid-carder, and then have him go back and pursue the title again. Maybe when Umaga comes back he can somehow get into the US title picture. THE Brian Kendrick is also a good option, I mean this Tag team title feud doesn't seem to be going anywhere, and they pushed to the point where he could look like a legit US champ. R-Truth needs to have a run with that belt also.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back