• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Who will induct The Undertaker into the Hall Of Fame?

BrucePettit

Dark Match Winner
It's a foregone conclusion that The Undertaker will be inducted into the Hall of Fame. The question that no one seems to question or think about, is who exactly will induct him? The Undertaker has always done things solo, even when he is the leader of a group. I can only see 3 people actually inducting him, and even with these 3, I still don't feel like any of them are truly the right one.

1. Paul Bearer - If you know even 5% of The Undertaker story, you'd understand why this makes sense. Why I think storyline wise it makes the most sense, I still feel like he is not the right one, and the least of my 3 choices as who I would like to see induct him. I wouldn't mind seeing it though, if it boiled down to it.

2. Shawn Michaels - If there has been anyone that has been with the company longer than Taker, it's HBK. Their history in the 90's all the way through to arguably the greatest match(es) of Wrestlemania that these two put on, would be enough for this inductor to work. Not to mention, Shawn is one of the boys in the back. They have had an up and down backstage relationship throughout their careers, and have so much respect between to the two. So much so, arguably the greatest wrestler in the history of the business, HBK, wanted Taker to be the one that he had his last match with. To me, that speaks volumes on many different levels.

3. Vince McMahon - While it doesn't make too much sense from a storyline perspective (outside of the late 90's and bits and pieces thereafter), from a business/HOFF/Mark Calloway perspective, it does. He has been the most loyal and sought after talent for the last 20 years. He has been there from the very first Monday Night Raw, all the way through today. He was also sought after throughout the WCW days more than ever. Think about what would have been had Taker left for WCW or even tragically, TNA? He never strayed and never considered it. From this stand point, Vince could say so much about Taker. Just because we don't get to see Undertaker out of character much at all, doesn't mean that Vince and Taker have an amazing relationship. We see video of Vince hugging Flair, crying when HBK was retiring, etc. I would argue anyone that thinks Vince doesn't have the same, if not more, admiration and love for Taker after all these years. Unfortunately, we just don't get to see it because of the character and dedication to that character, that Mark Calloway possesses.

I'm torn between Vince and HBK. Those would be the two I would be the most happy with, and would have no gripes whatsoever.

My question to you is:

Who do you think will induct The Undertaker into the Hall of Fame?

1. Paul Bearer
2. Shawn Michaels
3. Vince McMahon
4. Other

Be sure to explain why you think this way in as much detail, and with as much evidence to back your logic as possible!

I think Paul Bearer, Kane, and Ted Dibiase Sr.

Paul Bearer is one of the best managers of all time, and a very good associate to the Undertaker, often helping him in matches and coming out with him.

Kane, is his storyline brother, teamed together, and had battles together on many occassions including 2 wrestlemania matches and a recent feud in 2010.

Ted Dibiase- the person who introduced him in the then WWF at survivor series, made an instant impact

Am I the only one that wants Kane to be the one that inducts him :)

Shawn is probrably pegged for Triple H, and I wonder if they'll be in the same year, like co headliners.

Personally, any one from that list would work, Not so much Vince, but Shawn or Paul bearer, or even Ted dibease, since he brought him in. Officially, its kind of a toss up. He's been through so much with so many people, The entire locker room should induct him.

Any particular reason you missed out Kane on the list?? I'd put him over HBK and Vince to Induct Taker and if I was to lay money on it I think Kane would induct Taker over Paul Bearer even. Think how much history they have together, much more than HBK and Taker, though i could see why you'd choose HBK to induct him, like how people were thinking maybe Flair would induct HBK.

First thoughts were Kane due to their long standing being brothers.. but hindsight I could easily see it being Shawn Michaels.

Any particular reason you missed out Kane on the list?? I'd put him over HBK and Vince to Induct Taker and if I was to lay money on it I think Kane would induct Taker over Paul Bearer even. Think how much history they have together, much more than HBK and Taker, though i could see why you'd choose HBK to induct him, like how people were thinking maybe Flair would induct HBK.

I didn't purposely leave him out. I figured he would be the easiest answer of anyone that could induct him. I for one, would hate to see him induct Taker. I can't really put my finger on why I dislike the idea so much. Being his brother and all, I would understand it. I just think I am so passed any Kane and Undertaker ties anymore, that anything to do with them, is stale to me now. I think that having Kane induct him, is a safe fall back idea.

If Kane is still around and wrestling at this point, I think it takes away from his character a bit. You also never hear about anything to do with him off air unless it's with his love for politics. I think had the two been riding around together and their friendship was deep backstage, I'd be all for it. I think the two just came together on screen, and there wasn't much to it behind the scenes. For that reason, I feel that because this is Mark Calloway being inducted, that it should be someone that means a lot to him, not just someone that makes storyline sense. Because of that, I put Bearer last on my top 3.

Like it has been mentioned though, it is very much a toss up.

Paul Bearer was the voice of the undertaker hen he first came to WWE/F as for a very long time UT didn't speak at all, even during interviews - Paul did all the talking. I can't think of anyone that would make more sense or that would fit better than PB. My second choice would be Kane, also because of the "years long" history between the 2 characters. I get that the HIAC match UT had with Shawn Michaels was an epic one and the interaction between the 2 characters has been stellar but I honestly don't see the kind of history you would expect with someone who is going to perform the induction.

Kane immediately sprung to my mind as well, since he has worked more closely with Taker than anybody. I also think that the mid to late part of his career 1997-now is the period he'll be remembered for the most, as opposed to the earlier years when he had a lot of dull rivalries and WM opponents. And when I think of the Undertaker, I think of Kane. Paul Bearer is the only other one that makes sense to me.

Other: Brother Love (his first manager) or Dan Spivey, the man he replaced as half of the Skyscrapers.....
But seriously. I'd have to say William Moody, but NOT as his Paul Bearer gimmick. I'd love to hear tales of their travels together, what it was like working side by side with one of the icons of wrestling lore. Have it non-kayfabe and from the heart. I think it would be very very well done and a tasteful sendoff.

wow so shocked no one said this one yet...Mick Foley just from the business they did if not Paul Bearer or Kane I'd vote for Mick provided he wasn't still under TNA contract when Taker goes in.

My vote is for Vinny Mac himself..

Undertaker will go down as the loyalest longest legendary WWE superstar to ever get inducted and Vince has yet to personally induct anyone (I believe) never watched any if the HOF's

I don't care what anyone says, it's going to be Paul Bearer. No question. I would bet my entire John Elway collection on it. (And I'm a huge collector of Elway, you should see my collection.)

I won't call anyone an idiot for voicing their opinion, but Ted DiBiase doesn't make any sense what-so-ever. You might as well say Brother Love will induct him. Or Jimmy 'Superfy' Snuka, because that's who 'The Streak' started against. It doesn't make sense. Kane is semi-logical, because of all of the history between the two, but besides Kane and Bearer, no one has a chance.

But anyway, Paul Bearer is the only person that would make a lot of sense. If it was anyone but him, I'd be left stcratching my head in bewilderment.

As a massive Undertaker fan the logical choice should be William Moody aka Paul Bearer because of their long history and the foundations that were built from an early stage for his character now. More and more wrestling fans now understand the need for tradition and having Bearer induct him would be traditional, sincere and genuine. But to be fair because of the way he is revered within the industry there will be a queue a mile long to want to induct him and rightly so.

I gotta go with Kane as my first choice they have the most history character wise, second would be Paul Bearer seems most logical since he was his manager for so long, third would be Million Dollar Man Ted Dibiase as he was the one that brought him into the WWE so many years ago.

I would say it's got to be Kane or Paul Bearer. I would like to see Kane do it but I'm betting it would be Bearer. The question though is will Taker be in character for his introduction or just himself? We've rarely seen him out of character so that could be something interesting.

good question i think the person inducting Undertaker into the HOF should be either Paul Bearer or......his "brother" Kane! i mean Bearer was his manager for years and IMO helped him become 1 of the greatest legends ever in this business. and as far as Kane goes....many epic battles between the 2 over the years and i think Kane inducting him would be good to see and i think it makes perfect sense

The second I saw the title of this thread Paul Bearer automatically came to mind, he would be the PERFECT person to induct Taker.

Those 2 have had so much history together and Paul Bearer was his manager for his 1st 6 years in the WWE (outside of those few months with Brother Love as his manager) and considering all the variables I think Bearer makes perfect sense. Even if you wanted Taker to stay in character for the HOF induction it would be best to have Paul Bearer as the person who does it.

Kane is OK but it would come off a little weird seeing Kane break character to induct Taker. Ted Dibiase only brought him into the WWE and feuded with taker for a while but he is one of the last people I would have do it.

Paul was Takers voice for many years and it would just be awesome to have Paul Bearer come out with the urn, in character and induct "his" Undertaker into the HOF.

Taker will have his pick and to be honest I think he will likely pick.... Foley...

Taker was not legendary in the mid 1990's, indeed the gimmick was starting to flag, how many of his "mania wins in that period are remotely memorable?.. Hell In A Cell and his work with Mankind that turned the corner of his career from a once promising one that was saddled with poor opponents and hokey stories to a Hall Of Fame worthy renaissance. I think Taker more than anyone would appreciate that Foley gave his career the shot in the arm it needed and played perhaps the biggest part in shaping it in latter years.

Moody or Kane doesn't work as he will no doubt be inducted at the same time. Unless they induct each other of course. DiBiase, yes, that would be a "full circle" moment, but then why not Dusty Rhodes, the man who Taker fought out of the ring that night? or Bret Hart who was not only part of that match but also Taker's career as a whole.

I could easily see them go with Shawn as a "cop out"... but part of me hopes that they end the streak with someone young like Barrett and give them the honor of inducting... I think done right, there could be a major torch passing done over that HOF, Mania and RAW 3 nights that helps the business... It's almost wasted on an established name.

Kane & Paul Bearer are the most obvious choices, so, I'm gonna pick one that I havent seen mentioned yet....

MICK FOLEY

I know Undertaker was "famous" already, but, their Hell in the Cell match still gets talked about to this day. Assuming they don't go with the obvious choices, I would go with Mick.

What about Sid Vicious or Dan Spivey? He was part of the Skyscrapers in WCW with them long before he was in the WWE.

undertaker has always made it clear he wants paul bearer at his side at the end of his career so it will be paul bearer to induct him (in the time before that i believe paul bearer will be inducted himself, at one time he was an excellent manager at drawing heat, especially when he had to talk for Kane and undertaker, guy was awesome) Kane is takers best friend outside of the ring ( or atleast this was the case a few years back) but it wnt be him as kane will be inducted by taker at a later stage. quite simply it is bearer as for the reason above!

It would depend on who would retire first,but its likely to be Kane... the reason for not Paul Bearer, the chances are he will be inducted at the same time as Undertaker anyways.

Its going to be either Kane or Paul Bearer. They are the two people that have a long history with the Undertaker, so it would make sense. If not them, maybe Stone Cold Steve Austin.

"Kurt Angle posted bail with a f'n broken neck"
"Sorry about your damn luck"

ACD definitely just said who I was going to say.

Steve Austin.

These two guys had a really memorable feud. It wouldn't be farfetch'd to see it happen. Plus the WWE doesn't usually go that far out of their way to bring in someone just for an induction.

I think it would be fair to say that anyone who is anyone, who has been linked with The Undertaker in any capacity throughout his long career, could be considered as the inductor when this momentous and hugely deserved accolade is bestowed upon the Deadman. Ultimately, as we all know, the final decision will be his.

My personal opinion is that Vince McMahon will do the honours himself. To the best of my knowledge he has only done it on two occasions; once for Stone Cold Steve Austin (needs no explantion) and James Dudley (don't know the back story there). I think the head of the company inducting such a company guy as The Undertaker, having that opportunity to say thank you in such a ceremonious way would be a fitting closure to the final chapter in the Deadman's book.

I'd like them to break kayfabe with his induction, to allow him to speak freely about various feuds, road trips and relationships behind the scenes, rather than be shackled by the character. However, there are ways it could be done in character and would probably involve a who's who of Undertaker victims providing a guard of honour as he's finally 'buried' or laid to rest.

I think someone else also said that Paul Bearer will probably be inducted at the same time as The Undertaker. This I agree with. It's no different to Paul Ellering being inducted with the Road Warriors this year. Both managers are as synonymous and significant to the careers and stories of their respective charge.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back