• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Who will be next to win their 1st WWE Championship

Fratelli

Pre-Show Stalwart
ok just to clear thing up before i start, by their first wwe championship i literally mean the wwe championship currently held by HHH :p

ok the last person to win the wwe championship for a 1st time was jeff hardy and before him it was randy orton and then again before him it was RVD.

just want to know who do you think will be the next wrestler to put their name on the list of wwe greats.

dont worry about the brands as its impossible to know where wwe will put the titles after wrestlemania or the draft 2 weeks later.

im going for The instant classic Christian!

i believe he will get his big break on whatever brand the wwe title goes to and christian moves over to that same brand.

after a run as us champ and holder of money in the bank he will cash it in at wrestlemania 26 and become WWE champ like he deserves

i agree with christian but i also feel that mvp to might be the next one, cause when u talk about the wwe title that hhh holds, the next person to hold it for a while will be orton. and i dont see christian or even mvp beating him anytime soon. but i think it will either be one of them to win it and i think it will be on raw to shake things up.

I think Christian will win the qualifier for MiTB and probably win it, therefore I believe he's the top choice.

Looking more down the road, whether you like it or not, I think Matt Hardy will at least hold it. How long? Don't know, but obviously a shorter reign. I just would imagine they'd want to further the feud between Jeff and himself past WM.

uv brought up an intresting point there, to my knowledge there has never been a black wwe champion. wwe have been changing their ways recently and maybe its not long before we have a black wwe champ

mvp and shelton benjamin both suck if anybody should win it for the first time it should be either mark henry a real heavyweight or christian but defintally not mvp or benjamin they are hardly good enough to be mid card wrestlers proberly because the both suck

mvp and shelton benjamin both suck if anybody should win it for the first time it should be either mark henry a real heavyweight or christian but defintally not mvp or benjamin they are hardly good enough to be mid card wrestlers proberly because the both suck

please explane why:
mvp and benjamin suck?........
mark henry should be wwe champion?.....

i remember when i had my 1st beer too.

uv brought up an intresting point there, to my knowledge there has never been a black wwe champion. wwe have been changing their ways recently and maybe its not long before we have a black wwe champ

Ummm I believe there was a guy known as The Rock who held the WWE championship 6-7 times.

I'd like to think that an upcoming superstar would be next in line but a guy like Christian or Matt Hardy comes to mind first. I would like to see John Morrisson win it. I think he could quite possibly be the next HBK.

I think Matt Hardy has the potential. But, of course, that's largely up to Matt and how well he pulls off his new heel persona. Personally, I think he needed more of a makeover with it for it to be as successful as it could have been, but him and Jeff are still in the earlier stages of their feud, so we'll see where it goes.

I see Christian possibly winning it at some point, but I don't think he's quite ready.

And I'll also second the choice of John Morrison. The guy is one of the best in-ring workers in the company, and he has improved drastically on the mic since his days as Johnny Nitro. I think he has what it takes to be a main event heel. But I don't see him as the next champion, I think WWE will wait a little while longer with him to pull the trigger.

i don't know how you could prefer mark henry or christian to be champions, and then say that mvp and shelton benjamin shouldn't. i'm not saying they shouldn't be champions down the line, i'm just sayin that i think that mvp and shelton benjamin are better.

MVP, in my opinion could be a champion maybe in a year, although i would like to see him win MITB or atleast another midcard title run. shelton i'm not sure about altho he is a great athelete and wrestler.

also i think other contenders would be mr kennedy and vladimir kozlov. (i don't like kozlov but lets face it, if they put the belt on khali, they will put the belt on him too)

with all this said, my no1 picks are

who i want: MVP
who i think: kozlov

And I'll also second the choice of John Morrison. The guy is one of the best in-ring workers in the company, and he has improved drastically on the mic since his days as Johnny Nitro. I think he has what it takes to be a main event heel. But I don't see him as the next champion, I think WWE will wait a little while longer with him to pull the trigger.

i also agree with this. awesome wrestler, but not yet ready. maybe he could win MITB next year, or be in the title picture sometime in 2010...

hmmm this is a good thread.. i reckon that future contenders are looking like MVP, Matt Hardy, Shelton etc., upper-mid carders that have already been mentioned. I'm gonna add (unfortunately) Vladimir Kozlov to that list, as Vince is too high on him not to give him that shot. One other, slightly more outlandish possibility is that of Santino.

Santino?! Yes. He's charismatic, he CAN work in the ring (just never had much chance) and, if he can show a bit of manhood and dominance over Beth as part of the storyline, he could easily go places. Maybe even as a face.

Ok, I'm crazy. That's just my two cents. Or pennies, seeing as I'm English.

I think it'll be either MVP or Christian. Cause those are the 2 guys I'm picking for the MitB winner.... I'm just not sure which one will win yet.
I think the WWE title belt will be kept in the feud between HHH and Orton until the MitB winner (I think I'm leaning towards Christian... give MVP the US title and let him win next year) cashes in, which will be some time around summer methinks...

Reactions: CCS
Ummm I believe there was a guy known as The Rock who held the WWE championship 6-7 times.

Well, half black. There may be some hispanic in there. Whatever it is, it's definitely diluted. What's Jessica Alba for that matter......

Family Guy references aside, i'd agree with the majority and opt for Christian. I mean, he's a perfect option from ECW other than Henry to be in the MITB, and he's also one of the most likely to drafted the week after WM, so i'd say Captain Charisma will be the next person a) to win MITB and b) to hold the WWE championship.

I know i'd mark out like mad to see him win MITB personally, and then i'd try to keep my voice to mark out over Taker crushing HBK later that evening.

MVP, Christian, or Mr. Kennedy are all obvious options. But I really don't think any of them will go after the WWE title if they win MITB. Chances are that Randy Orton is going to win the WWE title at wrestlemania and have a very long run with the title. I honestly wouldnt be suprised if Orton held the title an entire year. So there probably won't be a first time WWE champion for a pretty good while. I say Orton will have a one year dominating WWE championship run, then he'll lose it to Kennedy at Wrestlemania 26. So the next first time WWE champion will be Ken Kennedy.

defeintly christian. i think he will win mitb and cash it in that nite against edge. if i had to go with someone else it would be jack swagger. i see swagger becoming another jbl. he mite just pull of a big upset by the end of the year

Christian, M.V.P, Shelton all pretty good choices, and I sure as hell cant deny Mark Henry, I thought he did a damn good job as ECW champ, and deserves a shot, even if its just for a day or so.

I see Orton taking the WWE championship after Wrestlemania, and then someone like Ted Dibiase turning on Orton, maybe around summer slam. I pick Dibiase over Rhodes, because i have a hard time taking cody rhodes seriously.

So I will go with Teddy Dibiase to be the next NEW WWE champ.

Ted Dibiase will be a world champion some day, I definitely see the potential there. But the NEXT WWE champion? No way, not even close. That's all he has so far, is potential. But, he's still a rookie, and there are way too many more likely contenders who will take the strap before he does. But I do agree that it would definitely be him over Cody Rhodes, I honestly don't see Cody ever making it past the midcard.

Shelton Benjamin? No way is he going to win it. You've gotta be pretty anti-charismatic if you can be such a spot monkey and still garner nearly zero reaction from the crowd. Whether he is a high flyer or not, the guy is incredibly boring, and a Shelton world title reign would see ratings free fall faster than you can say "t-bone suplex". And for what it's worth, the guy is fairly decent in the ring, but I do think he's overrated, as he botches just as many moves as he pulls off.

MVP is a much better selection than Shelton, because he is far more entertaining. I don't think he'll ever win the belt as a face, though. The guy is a natural heel, and is most entertaining in that role. Next champion? I'm not sure. I can't really say I see him winning the Money in the Bank match, with his current bland "I lost a lot so I'm a good guy now" persona.

Honestly, I don't see anyone winning their first title this year...the WWE needs to rebuild as does the economy, and Vince is too paranoid to try something gutsy...2009 is going to be a very by-the-numbers year.

However, I do believe that by April of next year, we will get a new champion, and his name will be Jack Swagger. Just hear me out.

Swagger already has the in-ring tools...he's been active for well less than a year and he's already putting on great matches with Christian and Finlay. He's the current ECW champion, and that's been sort of a catapult for most careers lately (except poor, poor Chavito). Plus, he's a big dude and has "the look." He's going to be a big star someday.

His route to the title will take him to Smackdown, where he will eventually win the US Title, get powerhouse victories over larger opponents, and even end Taker's Mania streak (yes...if ANYONE on the current roster deserves the honor and would be believable, it's Swagger). That would automatically give him a stake to claim for the World Title, and he'll merely steamroll through whoever is holding it (probably Cena, as he's rumored to be going to Smackdown in the draft).

This kid has got it, and they're already building him up as something special. He just needs to get his promo skills down, which aren't bad now as it is. I see big, big things for Swagger, and if you can't too, you're foolish.

Reactions: CCS
Honestly, I don't see anyone winning their first title this year...the WWE needs to rebuild as does the economy, and Vince is too paranoid to try something gutsy...2009 is going to be a very by-the-numbers year.

However, I do believe that by April of next year, we will get a new champion, and his name will be Jack Swagger. Just hear me out.

Swagger already has the in-ring tools...he's been active for well less than a year and he's already putting on great matches with Christian and Finlay. He's the current ECW champion, and that's been sort of a catapult for most careers lately (except poor, poor Chavito). Plus, he's a big dude and has "the look." He's going to be a big star someday.

His route to the title will take him to Smackdown, where he will eventually win the US Title, get powerhouse victories over larger opponents, and even end Taker's Mania streak (yes...if ANYONE on the current roster deserves the honor and would be believable, it's Swagger). That would automatically give him a stake to claim for the World Title, and he'll merely steamroll through whoever is holding it (probably Cena, as he's rumored to be going to Smackdown in the draft).

This kid has got it, and they're already building him up as something special. He just needs to get his promo skills down, which aren't bad now as it is. I see big, big things for Swagger, and if you can't too, you're foolish.

I gotta agree with swagger, I just got the Sci-Fi channel about a month ago, for the sole purpose of watching ECW, with all the ecw hate that goes on here i was expecting a pretty bad show... but DAMN, I sware ECW puts on damn good, entertaining hour of television.

Swagger has put on some damn good matches, and his championship match with christian was one of the best TV matches i have seen in a while. people will hate on him because of his lisp, but its really not that bad. He has the look, he sure as hell can wrestle, and does a damn good job at playing the role of "jack Swagger" and maybe most importantly he has the look of a believable champion.

This is a tough one.....cause i see orton beating the game then they wrestle half the year along wit batista ......which is why if i had to choose it would be batista ....all his titles was world title not wwe.....unfornatly that who i see.

I gotta agree with Batista on this choice. In a recent interview he said he would be physically ready by mania, and I actually had a thought what if he came back to fight off Legacy so trips could win the match. He has beef with Orton for the punt that put him on injured/reserve. He comes back and after Orton wins the title he continues his feud with him.

The feud between Batista and Orton was starting to look like it might have struck gold last year. I was a little disappointed when Batista came out needing surgery because of his Summerslam match.

Everyone overlooked Batista, all 4 championships he won were the WHC, not the WWE title. Batista is a definate to be the next NEW WWE champion, after him it will probably be Kennedy or MVP

I'm going to say Shelton Benjamin. He's the best wrestler in the WWE and he has the charisma. He's only lacking the mic skills. Now if you've been paying attention to FCW lately, the Saxton Conglomorate (not spelled right) is being dismantled each week. I see him coming to Smackdown and being a great manager with Shelton as his head man. After winning MITB at Wrestlemania, he'll cash it in at the February pay-per-view (black history month) and start a new stable of black-only members (better than N.O.D. though - bring back Elijah Burke, add Big Zeke and an up-in-comer from FCW at the time, Byron Wilcott or whatever they changed his name to). Great use of MITB, great use of Shelton, great use of Saxton (who is great on the mic if you haven't watched FCW) and a good way to start a new year in 2010.

I think Batista, as much as it kills me to say.

I reckon once he comes back after WM he'll be brought into another fued with Orton like they were having before Batista was injured. He'll probably take the title from Orton once Orton gets it off Trips.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back