• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Who was more fit to take Hulk Hogan's spot in the WWF?

Who was more fit to take Hulk Hogan's spot in the WWF?

• Warrior

• Macho Man

Results are only viewable after voting.

CM Steel

A REAL American
Hulk Hogan ran shot in the WWF with WWF chairman Vince McMahon in his back pocket in the early 1980's to the early 1990's. They both brought pro wrestling into the mainstream with Wrestlemania & Hulkamania. Hulk Hogan was the John Cena of his day! By selling tons of tickets, merch, and made Vince McMahon millions and millions of dollars. Had world title reign over world title reign. And had top knotch feuds with two of his greatest rivals at that time who happened to be babyface's as well: The Ultimate Warrior & The Macho Man Randy Savage (R.I.P.).

Both Warrior and Savage were hell bent on taking Hogan's spot at number one in the WWF. They were both WWF champions at one point or another themselves. But as long as Hogan was sitting at the top, both Warrior & Savage were a strong number two. Jake "The Snake" Roberts was a top babyface for awhile before turning heel himself. While the top three heels in the 80's were Rowdy Roddy Piper, Andre the Giant, and Ted Dibiase. Three top guys who Hulk Hogan feuded with in the 80's in the WWF.

But out of the two legends in the Ultimate Warrior and The Macho Man Randy Savage. Who was more fit to take Hulk Hogan's spot in the WWF? It really is a toss up here!

Hulk Hogan ran shot in the WWF with WWF chairman Vince McMahon in his back pocket in the early 1980's to the early 1990's. They both brought pro wrestling into the mainstream with Wrestlemania & Hulkamania. Hulk Hogan was the John Cena of his day! By selling tons of tickets, merch, and made Vince McMahon millions and millions of dollars. Had world title reign over world title reign. And had top knotch feuds with two of his greatest rivals at that time who happened to be babyface's as well: The Ultimate Warrior & The Macho Man Randy Savage (R.I.P.).

Both Warrior and Savage were hell bent on taking Hogan's spot at number one in the WWF. They were both WWF champions at one point or another themselves. But as long as Hogan was sitting at the top, both Warrior & Savage were a strong number two. Jake "The Snake" Roberts was a top babyface for awhile before turning heel himself. While the top three heels in the 80's were Rowdy Roddy Piper, Andre the Giant, and Ted Dibiase. Three top guys who Hulk Hogan feuded with in the 80's in the WWF.

But out of the two legends in the Ultimate Warrior and The Macho Man Randy Savage. Who was more fit to take Hulk Hogan's spot in the WWF? It really is a toss up here!

Here we go again. You make one good thread, and follow up with something that sounds like a cry for help as opposed to an actual thread conveying a point.

Your question makes no sense. Who was more 'fit'? As in who was better prepared to take Hogan's spot? Nobody. No one was taking Hogan's spot during Hulkamania. Warrior was given a chance at being competitive with Hogan when he beat him at Wrestlemania, but once the higher ups seen how nutty he was in real life, the WWE cut bait on him within that next year.

Savage was never fit to lead a promotion. He's a great role player, but leading a promotion wasn't his deal. He could draw and have some excellent matches in his day, but to be the center of that promotion, you had to be marketable and able to deal with people, something Macho Man's character wasn't made to do. The Macho Man was unstable, mean, and not a people person. So he wasn't fit to take Hogan's spot.

So your answer is none of them. The reason Hogan had his spot was because he was the biggest draw in wrestling. Warrior and Savage couldn't pick up that slack. All they could do is maintain their performance as great hands in the ring. Well that was in Savage's case. Warrior proved to be a liability after a while and then he was gone.

As much as i am a Macho Man fan since day 1, I agree that neither of them were faces of the company material IMO, Warrior was wacked out of his brain on steroids and a danger to his co-workers not to mention really bad at following orders and being reliable and Macho Man was a loose cannon literally that beyond in ring ability and promo work he lacked presence as a major face, as a heel he was awesome but so was Dibiase.

Macho Man was less of a PR issue tho and he did do the PR circuit when he was champion but as Lariat said really neither of them did anything to improve the situation with Hogan out of the picture, not that he was out of the picture he was still there hogging the spotlight when both were champion. So maybe that was the issue, not that they couldn't have done it but Hogan had to completely gone for either of them to stand a chance.

Now if we were to say who was the better champion, then thats a toss up, Warrior looked better and was dominant (just like Hogan), Macho Man was better at everything else but he was always beaten up in every match and barely won making him look weak. and the second run he was given was even shorter and made to look even weaker by being "injured" the entire time

Um he didn't fued with Macho Man when he was a babyface. There fued was b4 WrestleMania 3 and between the Royal Rumble and WrestleMania of 1989 when he was in the grey area. both b4 Savage won the title and soon after Royal Rumble 1989 which is when the Mega Powers fell apart.

and he didn't have a fued with Warrior (outside of storyline yes) but in storyline that whole thing lasted all of 3 months and was just two faces wanting to prove something, Warrior was the number 1 contender and from Royal Rumble to WrestleMania, they never faced each other at anytime other then those 2 matches and what happened after Mania? they were best buds again til they both ended up in WCW and totally killed the second run.

I'm with Lariat Barrage on this one because the real answer is that neither The Macho Man Randy Savage or The Ultimate Warrior could have taken Hulk Hogans spot at that point in time and Hogan pretty well showed that he was the number 1 guy for about the next 10 years regardless of whether he was heel or face and what company he worked for. Or worked for him for that matter.

We're talking about an era that spanned almost 20 years where wrestling was directly associated with Hulk Hogan and everyone else was either unheard of by anyone who wasn't a wrestling fan or one of Hulk Hogans side kicks or became famous because they were there during a time when Hulk Hogan was wrestling.

I hate to break it to all the stone cold fans (who I'm one of) but he gained awareness due to the fact he was in wcw when Hogan signed on. Then when he went to wwf everyone was like "hey, remember stunning Steve Austin in wcw? He's in wwf now and he's cool and bald and he became the million dollar champion *wow*. Pathetic.

Anyway, to answer the question since it is a hypothetical I'm saying Ultimate Warrior. No one knew he was a basket case in real life and he was more over as a face than the Macho Man and in those days the main guy sort of needed to be a face so thats the reasoning behined my answer.

If I had to pick between the two of them, I'd say Savage was better suited to be the face of the company, at least in front of the camera. Savage had a more complete skill set than Warrior and could work with more guys with different styles more effectively. I do agree with whoever it was that said Savage got beat up a bit too much as a face. He was good at selling and drawing sympathy before a comeback, but I think they overdid that a bit. Behind the scenes, Savage may not have been the right guy to be THE guy. Savage was a placeholder as champion anyway, which I think was always the plan. Hogan just needed the time away to go make a movie. Still, Savage had a good, year-long run, so I imagine he drew well enough. He also had a strong undercard(Rude vs. Roberts for example) to help him out.

As for Warrior, I've said many times that his title run was doomed before it started because WWF lacked strong heel contenders coming out of Wrestlemania 6. Earthquake was the one guy ready to feud with the champion, with whom he had a ready-made feud(Earthquake's debut). Of course, they cut that off and moved Earthquake to Hogan(who was not even wrestling that summer), making Warrior's business seem less important. So in terms of booking, I don't think Warrior got a fair shot as champ. Like Savage, he might not have been the right guy behind the scenes, and he was a strange interview when he did media.

I'm a huge fan of Randy Savage. That said, I don't think him or Warrior would of been that successful to take Hogan's spot if Hogan wasn't there. Macho can wrestle with anyone and he had charisma that few people can match. But, at that time, Macho would of been too old to lead the company for a long period of time, he would of been in his late 30s and early 40s. He was good where he was at the time, major role player, could be champion for couple months when needed to and fill up for stars.

The Warrior was a champion for a close to a year, he couldn't draw with the belt. He was younger and had a great body. But, he had a bad attitude. Vince would not give the company to him.

This is really a bad way of portraying an answer mainly because if you have watched Ultimate Warriors WWE DVD they had him going inn a downward spiral and his ego and greed getting the best of him, so right there would put this whole thread as a desperate belief that is in shambles, but lets pretend we know nothing about wrestling backstage for a moment, if WWE had lost Hogan pre blow up from Warrior and pre heel from Savage, I think its simple that Savage made a better face regardless of popularity. The point I make to you is Warrior was more over as a face in the days of when Hogan stayed face in the late 80's early 90's than when Savage was a face, however the problem is, and I think wrestling enthusiasts alike will agree that unless Warrior was managed properly with another high quality wrestler who could help him carry a match and not get wild with it (savage, rude, giant) he ran rough shot and made his matches look sloppy at best, where Savage was a perfectionist, he tried to make every match look like gold whether he was wrestling the Brooklyn Brawler, Barry Horowitz or he was wrestling guys like Flair, Hogan, Dibiase.

So if you're basing it on popularity at the time its Warrior, but if you are basing it on skill and ability to tell a story its Savage hands down.

Here we go again. You make one good thread, and follow up with something that sounds like a cry for help as opposed to an actual thread conveying a point.

Your question makes no sense. Who was more 'fit'? As in who was better prepared to take Hogan's spot? Nobody. No one was taking Hogan's spot during Hulkamania. Warrior was given a chance at being competitive with Hogan when he beat him at Wrestlemania, but once the higher ups seen how nutty he was in real life, the WWE cut bait on him within that next year.

Savage was never fit to lead a promotion. He's a great role player, but leading a promotion wasn't his deal. He could draw and have some excellent matches in his day, but to be the center of that promotion, you had to be marketable and able to deal with people, something Macho Man's character wasn't made to do. The Macho Man was unstable, mean, and not a people person. So he wasn't fit to take Hogan's spot.

So your answer is none of them. The reason Hogan had his spot was because he was the biggest draw in wrestling. Warrior and Savage couldn't pick up that slack. All they could do is maintain their performance as great hands in the ring. Well that was in Savage's case. Warrior proved to be a liability after a while and then he was gone.

You are my biggest critic on these forums for some reason? I must have done something to you to make a post about your idol Hulk Hogan. As he was seen as the original Triple H in his day with his backstage politic's. Hogan wanted the limelight all for himself as we all saw when Hogan had heavy competition for the top babyface in the main event picture in the forms of the Ultimate Warrior and the Macho Man. Hogan sold tickets but he wasn't that good nor wanted to sell any blows by his opponents. Hulk Hogan was his own biggest fan!

I loved Hulk Hogan growing up as a youth. But Hogan wasn't a good leader behind the scene's little alone a good role model. Because he was on steroids as well! Just because Hulk Hogan was Vince McMahon's MVP in the WWF. That didn't mean that he was a solid team player.

And L.B. having you as a moderator on this section would be like having Arnold Schwarzenegger as the president of the U.S.A. Think about it!

Let's play devil's advocate for a minute...remember this was 1987-88. Savage had just stole the show at WM III is an all-time classic against Ricky Steamboat. He had "the look", colorful capes, wrestling attire and charisma. Plus he had a beautiful valet is Miss Elizabeth. Remember had had started out as a heel but the fans turned babyface after his classic with Steamboat. Why wouldn't Vince entertain the idea of Savage ultimately replacing Hogan as the face of the WWF? They even had him acting less hostile towards Elizabeth.

Now I believe Savage's run with DiBiase in 1988 was ultimately viewed as a flop in comparison to Hogan's run hence the heel turn and putting the belt back on Hogan. That's what I think. But it wasn't totally out of the realm of possibility that Savage was once considered. I mean during Savage's run Hogan conveniently placed himself alongside Savage in the Mega Powers and he constantly overshadowed Savage in the ring. That was would be an example of Hogan sabotaging Savage.

You are my biggest critic on these forums for some reason? I must have done something to you to make a post about your idol Hulk Hogan. As he was seen as the original Triple H in his day with his backstage politic's. Hogan wanted the limelight all for himself as we all saw when Hogan had heavy competition for the top babyface in the main event picture in the forms of the Ultimate Warrior and the Macho Man. Hogan sold tickets but he wasn't that good nor wanted to sell any blows by his opponents. Hulk Hogan was his own biggest fan!

Want to know why I'm your biggest critic? Because of posting stuff like this. You really just said that Hogan was his own biggest fan?! Maybe now he is, but back during Hulkamania, he had legions of loyal fans that would dwarf John Cena or any other modern day wrestler. Hulkamania saved the WWE from bankruptcy. He didn't have any competition to be taken over as top good guy. Which is why your question made no sense. As good as Savage and Warrior were, they couldn't generate the money Hogan drew combined.

I loved Hulk Hogan growing up as a youth. But Hogan wasn't a good leader behind the scene's little alone a good role model. Because he was on steroids as well! Just because Hulk Hogan was Vince McMahon's MVP in the WWF. That didn't mean that he was a solid team player.

He didn't have to BE! And he wasn't on steroids. Making accusations about something that's not stated as fact is called slander. Now we can speculate and say Hogan was 'probably' on steroids, but it was never proven. And you don't have to be a team player when you're the best in the company. Vince tried to have Warrior take the reigns and he showed the WWE that he couldn't do it. Then Hogan came back. When all else failed during the 80's and early 90's, Hogan was there to rescue the WWE.

And L.B. having you as a moderator on this section would be like having Arnold Schwarzenegger as the president of the U.S.A. Think about it!

I don't know what this has to do with my previous post, but I can assure you that when I modded this forum, I created discussion on a much better scale than you have. It's nothing personal, but you decide to choose this section of the forum as your battleground against literacy and common sense. And it pisses me off. But it's not personal. You just babble incoherently in most of your posts and it aggravates me.

No one would really take Hogan's place. Just like no one could take Austin's place. But someone has to step up. Savage would have been the better choice because at least he was somewhat sane. Warrior was popular as hell and started to sell a lot of merchandise but his ego started getting in the way.

Both had the charisma to be the top guy and help carry the WWF but no one was taking Hogan's place. he was just too popular.

Want to know why I'm your biggest critic? Because of posting stuff like this. You really just said that Hogan was his own biggest fan?! Maybe now he is, but back during Hulkamania, he had legions of loyal fans that would dwarf John Cena or any other modern day wrestler. Hulkamania saved the WWE from bankruptcy. He didn't have any competition to be taken over as top good guy. Which is why your question made no sense. As good as Savage and Warrior were, they couldn't generate the money Hogan drew combined.

He didn't have to BE! And he wasn't on steroids. Making accusations about something that's not stated as fact is called slander. Now we can speculate and say Hogan was 'probably' on steroids, but it was never proven. And you don't have to be a team player when you're the best in the company. Vince tried to have Warrior take the reigns and he showed the WWE that he couldn't do it. Then Hogan came back. When all else failed during the 80's and early 90's, Hogan was there to rescue the WWE.

First, Austin destroyed the money that Hogan made the WWF. It's not even close. To this day Austin is still making the WWE a LOT of money. I am not sure what your meaning of modern day is. But to me I still consider the AE modern day.

Second, Hogan has admitted to taking steroids. Just google "Hogan admits taking steroids" and see. He admitted it in the WWF steroid trials. He admitted taking them but that he didn't get them from Vince.

Savage and Warrior. Both connected together for both being number two to Hulk Hogan.

Warrior was probably better "suited" to take over from Hogan. Since that's what the actual plan was. And he was pushed accordingly. But while he was a huge star, his lasting power... well, simply didn't last. Really, if they wanted someone to replace Hogan, that guy was Savage. He and DiBiase main evented the house show circuit post-WM4 and business didn't drop. And Savage and Flair main evented the house show circuit post-WM8 and while I don't know the figures, I think business had already started to drop prior to Savage taking over.

Warrior won their WM7 match, but Savage got the bigger pop and the bigger moment from the crowd at the end. Savage got a bigger pop than Warrior at SummerSlam 1992. Even leading in to WM8, I'd say Savage was at least on par with Hogan at this point. They just tried really hard to fit them both in with the double main event. But Hogan's days as the top face were basically done. He would become a part-time attraction for the next year plus before leaving to WCW.

Warrior was a huge star at the time. There's no denying that. But they had Savage all along. And if they wanted someone to step in for Hogan, he proved that he could do it. And do it just as well. I don't know all of the backstage details around what happened in 1992. But losing Flair, Warrior and Savage (from an in-ring perspective) leading into WM9 was a dagger. Savage should have stayed as the top guy, with the championship until WM9 where he eventually did the job for Bret.

WM9 World Championship: Macho Man Randy Savage 'C' v Bret Hitman Hart
Now that has a nice ring to it. They have both been on record saying how they wish they worked more together during this time but it just never really happened. That is a WrestleMania calibre main event. Without the Hogan/Yokozuna nonsense.

Now I'm sick and tired of the IWC ALWAYS bad mouthing the Warrior! his wrestling skills weren't best but they didn't have to be! He overpowered his opponents the way Hogan and Goldberg did and it was believable cuz back then big muscular wrestlers kicking a little small guys ass was believable, and it still is. honestly? u really think rey mysterio jr could really beat all the guys he did when he was champion? you cant tell me dolph ziggler could really beat big e Langston (as much as I cant stand either wrestler). as much as I loathe the rock, when he faced cm punk at the royal rumble the size difference was too much. it looked like the rock vs a little kid! so to answer the question either one could have taken hogans spot but warrior was more suited. warriors bad attitude isn't the only thing that took that opportunity away. it was the backstage politics and Hogan wanting the spotlight and title again all for himself cuz he's a selfish s.o.b. that also factored in. and for the naysayers about warriors lack of putting on a great match, when he had to step up he did, the great y2j said so on the self destruction dvd. give credit where credit is due you cheap jabronis!

I'm a huge fan of Randy Savage. That said, I don't think him or Warrior would of been that successful to take Hogan's spot if Hogan wasn't there. Macho can wrestle with anyone and he had charisma that few people can match. But, at that time, Macho would of been too old to lead the company for a long period of time, he would of been in his late 30s and early 40s. He was good where he was at the time, major role player, could be champion for couple months when needed to and fill up for stars.

The Warrior was a champion for a close to a year, he couldn't draw with the belt. He was younger and had a great body. But, he had a bad attitude. Vince would not give the company to him.

Um he was a year younger then Hogan so if Hogan wasn't too old Savage certainly wasnt and he was in his prime during his second run IMO but they crucified him to just give it to Ric Flair who almost immediately lost it to Bret Hart on an untaped show.

Mark Hulk Hogan fans. Everybody knows that Hogans was on roids. And no Hulk didn't get them from Vince like he admitted during the trial. He got them else where. As much as Hogan told the kiddies to say their prayers, he wasn't a saint. He was a self-centered S.O.B. like someone already pointed out on here.

Because being of good moral fiber makes a superstar right?

Please.

Hogan wanted what was best for him. He loved the kids as much as Cena does and was the focal point AND reason why the WWE is around today. If Macho Man or Warrior were given Hogan's spot, who's to say the WWE wouldn't have faltered? Everything Hogan touched turned to dollar signs. He was marketable, had a great look, and was wonderful with kids.

His personality is irrelevant when it comes to having him the center of the WWE. Savage or Warrior couldn't handle the PR that Hogan had to handle on a daily basis.

I've already given too much to this thread.

Ohhhhkay, a few pointers:

- EVERYBODY abused steroids back then. Warrior was just a roid monkey as Hogan. So was Savage.

- Hogan was a self centred prick, ye he was. But didn't we have a Self Destruction DVD about one of your choices about how much of a dick he was? Savage was emotionally imbalanced and his turbulent relationship with Miss Elizabeth (recounted by many including J.J Dillon) made him just as difficult to work with.

Hogan, for all his faults is an amazing entertainer. People like to mimic him, call him a bullshitter, politicker but at the end of the day, to connect to the crowd, you need to have IT. He did, and he knew how to play the fans. He made you emotionally believe in his victories and defeats. And THAT's what makes a good performer. You can chain wrestle all you want, but this ain't the Olympics.

Mack, I got nothing against you man but your thread is kinda convoluted. You could've added an Option C saying 'Hogan was fine", to balance perspectives. I liked Savage as an entertainer and a ring performer more so than Hogan, but Hogan just won over the masses.

I'm surprised Lariat would even say Hogan didn't juice!?! Dude! He pretty much came up with new ways to juice in the WWF. The trial, various articles, Billy Graham interviews (when he was on good term with the E), Sammartino excerpts.

Dude, just, WOW.

First of all, let's stick to the original topic or the thread is going to end up being closed.

If I had to choose between Savage and Warrior I'd pick Savage. Warrior had a million dollar look and was a great character but when you're talking about the number one guy in the company you need someone that is going to be able to communicate with the people. Savage was often a nutcase but he could be normal if he needed to be. He could better represent the WWF in public if asked to speak at certain events or appear on certain shows. Warrior was great in the arena but being the number one guy means you have to be a great representative out of the arena too. Savage would have been better than Warrior in that regard.

And the Warrior couldn't? If allowed the be "out of character" the Warrior was one of the better and more articulate speakers the WWF had. Look at his public speaking career after his wrestling career. No one came CLOSE to matching Hogan and Warrior's popularity with the target demographic in the '80 and early 90's. They were MILES apart from anyone else at the time including Savage.

And the Warrior couldn't? If allowed the be "out of character" the Warrior was one of the better and more articulate speakers the WWF had. Look at his public speaking career after his wrestling career. No one came CLOSE to matching Hogan and Warrior's popularity with the target demographic in the '80 and early 90's. They were MILES apart from anyone else at the time including Savage.

Savage was as popular as both Hogan and Warrior. Savage was the champion for a year ('88-'89) and the company was still drawing huge crowds. Savage was really popular, especially when he was the champion with Elizabeth. He draw great when he was a heel, I was watching Summerslam '90, half of the crowd was wearing Macho shirts and that was when he was a heel. Even the Warrior states that it was Hogan, Savage, and himself selling out arena's in the late 80's and early 90's. I like Warrior but Savage was just as popular as both.

The biggest factor would be the time. If Hogan had suddenly left or had been seriously hurt no doubt one of these two guys would have been promoted to that spot. There's an outside chance someone like Perfect could have been given a chance with a face turn as well. If Hogan had left in say 87 or 88 or even 89, the choice would have been Savage. If Hogan leaves in 90 or 91 than its Warrior. But between the two, I believe Warrior would have done a better job as the top guy. Warrior was insanely over at the time. With Hogan gone, Warrior would have had the benifit of having the top fueds. He would have got Earthquake in the summer of 90, would have had the US v Iraq fued with Slaughter (and it would have happened earlier than it did with Hogan thus taking advantage of better timing). This would have lead to the fued he had with Macho for Mania VII, but this time it would be bigger because not only would it be for the title, but a stipulation of career v title would make much more sense (especially considering how much time these guys would have avoided each other during Warrior's title reign). After Warrior wins that match at Mania VII he would be firmly established as the top guy after defeating Earthquake, Iraq and ending Macho's career.

No way Savage was as popular. When Savage was champion he was in a TAG TEAM with Hogan. Let's be realistic Hogan main event the 7 of the first 8 WrestleMania's. Cover of Sports Illustrated, MTV, Sat morn cartoons. He was on fire at that point. Top guy for Make a Wish. No one could touch him. I've heard that me made over a million dollars per MONTH. Savage was popular as 1/2 of the Mega Powers but no where NEAR Hogan's.

Warrior was close to Hogan as well. I would say his run as a face dwarfed Savage's. Look at the numbers for WM 5 compared to 6's. Selling out Skydome? C'mon!!

No way Savage was as popular. When Savage was champion he was in a TAG TEAM with Hogan. Let's be realistic Hogan main event the 7 of the first 8 WrestleMania's. Cover of Sports Illustrated, MTV, Sat morn cartoons. He was on fire at that point. Top guy for Make a Wish. No one could touch him. I've heard that me made over a million dollars per MONTH. Savage was popular as 1/2 of the Mega Powers but no where NEAR Hogan's.

Warrior was close to Hogan as well. I would say his run as a face dwarfed Savage's. Look at the numbers for WM 5 compared to 6's. Selling out Skydome? C'mon!![/QUOTE]

While I agree that Warrior would have been the bigger star in a WWF without Hogan, that comment isin't fair. Had Mania V been at the Skydome it would have sold out as well. The common denominator in those matches was Hogan. Hogan v just about anyone would have sold out the Skydome.

Sure, Warrior could have represented the WWF out of the arena if he was allowed to be out of character. The problem is Warrior would not have been anywhere near as popular out of character. It's your basic catch 22. Warrior is popular enough in the arena to be the number one guy but that character does not translate well away from the arena. If he is out of character away from the arena he loses his popularity that made him that guy in the first place.

Warrior was close to Hogan as well. I would say his run as a face dwarfed Savage's. Look at the numbers for WM 5 compared to 6's. Selling out Skydome? C'mon!!

Vince McMahon and Donald Trump always had a good working relationship. The Donald wanted mania back at his convention center. I'm pretty confident that Hogan vs. Savage would have sold out Skydome had the building been open for WrestleMania V.

They needed a HUGE main event to sell out SkyDome...everyone involved has been on record saying that. Hogan/Warrior was the ONLY match they could have made to sell out 67,000 plus seats.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back