Who should go and who should stay?

Disturbed

Championship Contender
If you were in charge which rookies from season 1 would be cut and which ones would you keep?I would keep David Otunga on Raw and make him go after the us championship and have a few runs with that title for a year or so maybey put him in a tag team or something because wwe is in desperate need of tag teams.I would move Barret to smackdown and have him go after the world title and feud with guys like the big show rey mysterio and the undertaker for a while.I would keep Gabriel hes great in ring but he cant talk so he would need a tag partner who can carry him on the mic.maybey team him up with kofi for a while.Hey there in ring styles are samiliar and there both from africa lol.Heath Slater i would put him on smackdown and start a feud with him and dolph ziggler or drew mcyntier for the intercontinental title.I would send skip back to florida for a while hes not half bad.he could make a decent heel if they change his name and get rid of the stupid gimmick.The last 2 i wouldnt even think about it i would release them both because they have no talent watsoever Tarver and young both suck in the ring and on the mic IMO but what would you do?

From Season 1 of NXT... who would I keep? Well, I would have to keep the winner, Wade Barrett, who I would place on Raw. He would be in the main event, feuding with the likes of Sheamus, John Cena, Edge, Triple H, and Randy Orton. Depending on who is in the main event at the time, it would help determine whether he would win the WWE Championship or not.

I would keep David Otunga and place him on Raw. Remember what he did to John Cena when he was Guest Host? I'd re-ignite what happened then and immediately place him in a fued with Cena. However, if Cena was champion at the time, I would delay the feud until he dropped the gold.

Justin Gabriel would likely succeed on either brand. If he remained a face, I'd put him on Raw in a tag team with Evan Bourne. However, on Smackdown, he'd have great matches with Rey Mysterio, Kofi Kingston, Drew McIntyre, his former pro Matt Hardy, Vance Archer, Cody Rhodes and many others.

Heath Slater, I would keep him, but not sure in what role or what brand.

I would not keep Darren Young. I don't know, but nothing about him really stands out to me. I believe he had the best record on NXT, so that's saying something. I'm just not very impressed by him.

I would not keep Skip Sheffield. He's a big guy and nothing else. However, if I did keep him, it wouldn't matter, as most of his matches would be on "Superstars" anyway.

I'd be an idiot not to keep Daniel Bryan. He is by far the most skilled of the Season 1 NXT-ers. Obviously, I would place him on Raw and have him feud with his former pro, The Miz over the United States Championship.

Michael Tarver... I would place him on Smackdown, as a physhotic heel. I'd place him in an almost immediate fued over the Intercontinental Championship and go from there.

I agree with everything you said except i would keep tarver. Yeah he sucked on NXT but i think that was more his gimmicks fault not his. Ever since hes been on raw in the nexus angle i think hes been pretty good on the mic and we havent seen him wrestle yet but when he does i think he can be a decent mid carder for now.

Okay maybe I'm not quite on the same agreement here with some people, but I thought the point of NXT was to find the ONE NEXT BREAKOUT star?? I can see maybe keeping Justin Gabriel, he has some promise, in my eyes and work on. But other than that, Wade Barrett would be the ONLY one to keep on Raw or Smackdown as a mainstay. I mean, that just defeats the purpose.

I really don't see the point of keeping the others that do Barretts bidding, (Otunga, Tarver-who eliminated himself..at that!!, Sheffiled, Slater, Young) I mean those guys seem to have de-volved since their time on NXT, I haven't seen much improvement on any of them.

Then you get to this season 2 of NXT, especially now since the fan voting plays a difference (according to WWE) and how hypocritical would that look to keep just about everyone from season two when we're told our votes count? If they do that, they may as well just say "We say it does, but not really, since we'll just keep them all anyway."

Well I would obviously have kept Wade Barret and sent him to raw to fued with Cena, Orton and HHH. I would have kept Gabriel and sent him to SD to tag with Matt Hardy. I would have sent Otunga back to FCW to work on his in ring skills, he is good on the mic so he would be put on the main roster eventually. I would have Sheffield and Slater both as mid card title chasers (on different shows). Young would be released there is not much god about him. I'm not sure about Tarver he has a good look and is decent both in the ring and on the mic but there is something I dont like about him, I'd probably send him back to FCW just to work on everything.

I'd keep all of them around to a certain extent:

• Barrett is doing well on RAW at the moment, he could easily be placed in the world title picture sometime soon and it wouldn't be a problem at all
  • Otunga could stay on RAW too, he fits a more entertainment alligned programme
  • Tarver could definitely be in the midcard before being pushed up to the world title in the future, I definitely think he's got the ability, he just hasn't been pushed properly
  • I could see some good feuds for Gabriel in the SmackDown midcard picture
  • Sheffield, Slater and Young, I think could all make good midcard talent in the future, I like all 8 of the group, and think all could conceivably go for some sort of title, these guys could all be on either US or IC level

As I said, I like all of the 7, I wasn't a fan of all of them to begin with, but the heel turn has made me enjoy the work of all of them. None of them have a lack of talent, and all could be utlised both now and in the future.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back