Who should be the next Tag Team Champions?

Who should be the next WWE Tag Team Champions?

• The Usos

• The Real Americans

• The Prime Time Players

• Erick Rowan & Luke Harper

Results are only viewable after voting.

LODemolition

Championship Contender
So as everyone knows, the rumor is that the Rhodes brothers will soon be splitting and working a program that will make them opponents at WrestleMania XXX. This is great for 2 different reasons. One, I have no doubt that Cody and Goldust will deliver a terrific storyline and maybe an even better match. One that could steal the show at the Superdome on April 6th. And the second reason is that now we'll see a new team hold the WWE Tag Team Championships who has been deserving of them for a while. There are 4 obviously deserving champions, and a case can be made for all of them. Which in your opinion, should be the team to dethrone the Rhodes bros and walk into WM30 as new champions? And even further, who should they defend against at the biggest PPV of the year?

1. The Usos - Jimmy and Jey have come a long way. From a team that never seemed like they would go anywhere, to teaming with guys like CM Punk and Daniel Bryan to face The Shield and The Wyatt Family in 6-man tags. The great thing about The Usos is, barring injury, they're in the tag team division for life. There'd be no point in splitting up identical twins to feud with eachother. That'd be awfully confusing for the fans as to who's the face and who's the heel. Anyways, The Usos entertain me. They've got a good look, good theme music, and a good pedigree. They're not talkers, but they don't need to be. You could make an argument that they should've been the team to dethrone Rollins & Reigns, as they put on terrific matches with them during their feud.

2. The Real Americans - If the rumors are true that these Cesaro and Swagger will be used to job to Hogan and Piper at WrestleMania, I'll be very pissed for them. If you want to put Hogan and Piper in a match at Mania, put them against eachother. I'm more interested in seeing The Real Americans get to actually WRESTLE than I am seeing them job to 2 guys in their 60's. They deserve better than that. Both of these guys have had their careers rejuvenated since forming this tag team. I've always been one for a major singles push for Cesaro as I'm a big fan of his, but I'll admit this team grows on me more and more every time they get tv time. Cesaro's single push should still come eventually, don't get me wrong, but they've become too important to the tag team division to split them up anytime soon.

3. The Prime Time Players - This is another team that has been speculated to disband, with a lot of people seeing potential Titus O'Neill as a singles star. I see it too, but I really like these guys together. Their real life friendship shows through on tv. They've been a team longer than anyone else in WWE, and they should absolutely hold the gold before their possibly inevitable split. It's a shame it hasn't already happened actually, because there's been plenty of times (before Rollins & Reigns came along) that PTP seemed to be the strongest tag team WWE had to offer.

4. Erick Rowan & Luke Harper - 2/3 of the Wyatt Family might be the most obvious team to be next in line to call themselves champions, seeing how they defeated Cody and Dustin just a couple weeks ago on Smackdown. They're clearly the most physically dominating team, especially now that Tons of Funk have split. The only problem is, and this won't be a problem to those of you that have had your fill of six-man tags, if you give Rowan and Harper the belts, the Wyatt Family likely won't fight as a unit at WrestleMania. Bray probably has a singles match and the Tag Team Champions defend their gold. At least I would hope this would be the case, because I believe WM should always have as many championship matches as possible. There's no World Heavyweight Title this year and I highly doubt Dean Ambrose defends the U.S. Title. Defending the tag team gold is a priority over joining Bray Wyatt for another six-man tag.

I cast my vote for The Real Americans. I think Harper & Rowan are going to be the ones to do it, but I really like Cesaro & Swagger together. I was very skeptical of the pairing at first, but putting them with Zeb Coulter has been the best possible thing they could do. The fans have responded well to them and Cesaro has some of the most impressive moves of anyone on the roster. The only thing they're really missing is a combined finisher. When you look at the great teams in history (LOD, Dudleys, Hart Foundation, Demolition), they all had a combined finisher. Maybe even something as simple as a move Cesaro already does, only with Swagger's help. Instead of Cesaro launching the opponent himself before he lands the European uppercut, Swagger could throw them in the air over his head and Cesaro could be there waiting for him. Just an idea I'd like to throw out there.

And as far as who they should defend against at WrestleMania? I know it's the easy answer, but I really think it'd be a great match. Fatal 4-Way against The Usos, PTP, and Harper & Rowan. An elimination match, a ladder match, it doesn't matter much to me. But I think all 4 teams deserve to be on the big stage and give us the best match possible.

I agree with you that the Real Americans should be next in line. They are a solid team but like you said they do need a good tag team finisher. A while back I saw Swagger finish an opponent with the ankle lock after Cesaro used the big swing. It wasn't the best tag finisher but a nice start. Ideas for what The Real Americans finisher could be a good topic down the road. Now back to the point. The only team I see benefiting from the belts is The Real Americans. The Usos are a team that barring injury will be together for a while. Currently they have a nice lil push being in a program with the likes of CM Punk, The Shield, Rhodes Brothers, Big E, etc. Have them in a program chasing the belts down the road but why do that now when they already have a program and will be a team for a while. A few weeks ago WrestleZone reported The Wyatts were next in line for the tag belts. I like The Wyatt Family and in my opinion Harper and Rowan keep improving since I first saw them. Like the Usos they are currently in a program and putting the tag belts on them now could take away from that. Have them finish the angle with Daniel Bryan before you worry putting the tag belts on them. The other teams minus The Shield are either just randomly put together (ex Big Show/Rey) or not as relevant on RAW or Smackdown now (ex PTP). To me The Real Americans should be the next WWE tag team champions. I'm liking the improvements in the tag team division and hope to see the prestige the Tag belts once had.

Yeah, The Real Americans make the most sense to me for 2 reasons. First, they're a heel team. I think it's smarter to have a heel team be the ones who beat Cody and Goldust. So that would make the only real options Rowan & Harper or The Real Americans. And second, like you said, Rowan and Harper are involved in the whole storyline of Bryan joining the Wyatt Family.

Swagger & Cesaro benefit the most. Harper and Rowan don't need the belts to be relevant. Without being the champs or at least in the title picture, The Real Americans could very well be thrown into a match with Hogan and Piper. Then they become a joke. While it gets them in the spotlight, we all know they have no chance of going over 2 legends like that. So it would be bad booking and not in their best interest whatsoever.

The Usos will and should be champs eventually. Maybe The Real Americans win the titles at the Rumble and lose them to The Usos at Mania. I'd personally give them a longer title reign though and save the title change until May or June...possibly even til SummerSlam. Although I'd like to see Cesaro in the MITB ladder match, we all know Reigns is winning it.

Real Americans ... They are one of the reasons I still watch Raw. They should be the Tag Team Champions soon, If not... then just split them up already. They are the best tag team IMO currently in WWE. I do like Cody and Goldust, but The Real Americans deserve some gold already. The Uso's and The Prime Time Players are very bland IMO, they may never hold the gold and I hope to god they don't.

I voted for the Wyatt Family. They've got the momentum right now.

But for some reason, I think Kofi & Miz might be booked to suddenly pull a Team Hell No, stop the slapping, and randomly win the titles on a dime. If they did, it'd be a transitional babyface reign for the Wyatt Family or the Real Americans to win the titles from. Both are mid-carders that usually put people over, and it would even explain their recent "tweener" feud. Could obviously be wrong though.

Anything is possible with the illogical way they've been booking the Miz lately. If I had to guess how the tag team titles would be exchanged this year, this is how it would go...

Real Americans defeat Cody & Goldust at the Rumble

The Usos win in a Fatal 4-Way at WrestleMania XXX (Real Americans, Prime Time Players, Rowan & Harper)

Rowan & Harper defeat The Usos at SummerSlam

I think it should be the Real Americans, and I honestly see them doing it at Royal Rumble. I think this is where Goldust & Cody Rhodes breakup.

Harper and Rowan will be the next tag team champs. Daniel Bryan will teach them the way to become an effective tag team as he said on RAW last night. Look out for it.

I think that Harper & Rowan will be the next tag champs and probably should be the next tag champs. However, I do like the overall atmosphere that WWE has created when it comes to its tag teams. As of right now, there are several teams in the running that don't come off as TOO dominant and it gives a little bit more of an uncertainty as to who will/should/could be the next champs. For instance, The Real Americans have beaten Cody & Goldie at least once, maybe twice, cleanly. Harper & Rowan have beaten them as well. The Usos have beaten The Real Americans and Harper & Rowan. Harper & Rowan have beaten The Usos. Eventually, I think one or two teams will really gain an advantage in looking more dominant, but it's fine as it is for the time being, in my opinion anyhow.

Harper & Rowan have a lot of focus right now, though I'm wondering where WWE is ultimately going with Daniel Bryan in the mix. They went an alternate route last night from what I think most were expecting, namely for all three of them to be firmly on the same page, but there's already tension between Harper & Rowan and Bryan. I'm wondering if the ultimate goal, for now, is to use Bryan to somehow sabotage the group only to be elevated even further as a babyface by doing so.

I'd vote The Real Americans because they've really developed as a tag team. At first when they got together, they seemed awkward with ring attire and explaining to people how Cesaro ties in with being a Real American but overtime, I see they got chemistry, matching attires, a tag team entrance and they even got the crowd involved with them. It's just unfortunate that they job to Primo & Epico and Goldust and Cody.

I'm glad they gave up on the Big Show & Rey Mysterio tag team. Getting back to the original question, I think Real Americans should be the tag team champions just like Primetime Players should have been champs in 2012 instead of Team Hell No/Kofi & R-Truth but knowing WWE they going to go with the hot hand and I can see that being the Wyatt Family.

They'll be pretty entertaining especially with Bryan along and they put on a great match at Survivor Series with Punk/Bryan.

This has got to be one of my favourite tag team in recent years, the fact that they're brothers as well, you just know that it's pure. As WWE Tag Team Champions, they have been really impressive. 91 days and counting.

They first defeated The Shield (Seth Rollins & Roman Reigns) in what was a really good match, they've have feuds with quite a number of tag teams including The Shield, The Uso's, Antonio Cesaro & Jack Swagger, Ryback & Curtis Axel, Rey M & Big Show and Erick Rowan & Luke Harper.. In one way or another, they have beaten them all.

But this thread isn't about The Rhodes Brothers, it's more about who is going to defeat them for the tag titles. Personally, I want them to have a long reign, however they have been through more or less all the tag teams in the WWE, and beaten them all too in the space off 3 months. It's looking as though they won't hold the titles until WreslteMania XXX, because they're likely to face each other, it's a shame because who would have thought, they make a fantastic pure team. So in the next month or so, who do you think is most likely to defeat them for the WWE Tag Team Champion or who do you want to defeat them?

I would like to see The Uso's to become champions, they've been around a good number of years and have always been entertaining, but I think Erick Rowan & Luke Harper will take the titles of them, they have had a few good encounters so far with the Brothers coming out on top.. But that's my choice, it's a shame I hope Goldust sticks around, he's 44 years old, but he seems to be at his best currently.

Anywho, Which tag team do you think will finally defeat the Rhodes Brothers for the WWE Tag Titles? Or Who would you like it to be?

Whenever a topic like this comes up, I'm compelled to mention my top imaginary tag team- Mason Ryan and Ezekiel Jackson.

Slap some face paint on those two beastmen, give them a manager, and have them win the tag titles and dominate the division for a while.

I don't like Harper/Rowan winning the titles just yet, they're going to be busy with the DB storyline and I would hate for the tag titles to be ignored for bigger storylines like they were with the Shield. Besides they're still pretty new and still improving, and so some more time without the titles would probably be better.

I wouldn't mind Rhodes sticking around longer, quite frankly I think a singles match between the 2 might have problems getting into WM considering all the old legends that's probably going to come back for that, so perhaps the best thing to do is keep the tag titles on them until WM and let them try to steal the show like they've been doing since getting the titles.

I also like how while yes Rhodes has beaten all the other tag teams they've also lost to most of them at one point or another, so there it is still possible to face them in title matches and make them seem like actual contenders.

My vote goes for the RA, matches between the Rhodes/RA are always good, both teams aren't really doing much right now so a real feud between the two would be fantastic, the other heel teams(Wyatt/Shield) are busy in other storylines and I'm sure Zeb would make a great promo if his guys got the titles. :)

Whenever a topic like this comes up, I'm compelled to mention my top imaginary tag team- Mason Ryan and Ezekiel Jackson.

Slap some face paint on those two beastmen, give them a manager, and have them win the tag titles and dominate the division for a while.

I vote Regal for their manager.

Also why face paint? Usos already does that and I'm wondering what their gimmick would be that they need it.

I think the Real Americans seeing how they has been facing them at House Show and since they been having to job.I can see at RR the RA winning the gold starting the Cody/Goldust Wrestlemania storyline.

I really like this idea. I would swap out Big Zek and replace him with Ryback or a talent from NXT. Ryan shaves his head and dresses to match Ryback. Talk about two beastmen. They could actually be called Beastiality……. Facing these two you’re sure to get F’d. E would most likely pair them with a beauty who can tame the beasts but I’d rather much see a ruthless mouth piece like Jim Cornette.

As for the OP, I would say the Real Americas should be next in line for the titles but I hope it isn’t anytime soon. I know a lot of people would like to see Cody vs. Goldust at WM but that match is a waste of long term opportunity. All indications point to a strong year for the tag division and that presents better opportunity for the Rhodes brothers. If they split Goldust will fall to an opener role and Cody may get lost in the shuffle of the singles division. I’d continue riding this hot streak until it cools and maybe look at them competing one on one at Summer Slam or WM XXXI.

At this point, I think the only team that makes sense is Harper & Rowan. WWE management is high on The Wyatt Family, understandably so, and what Daniel Bryan said to Harper & Rowan last week on Raw hints that they'll be the next champs. Backstage, Bryan told them that he was there to learn, to contribute, but that he was also there to teach since he's been a tag team champion.

I've really enjoyed The Usos over the past several months. I think they'll wind up being tag champs at some point, but I don't see it happening right now. They're only 28 years old, so there's still, potentially, lots of time for them to continue developing into a strong babyface tag team.

Ryback & Curtis Axel look like they're the overall new jobber tag team of the moment. Ryback seems to garner more heat with each passing week, so it's nigh improbable that he'll be one half of the tag champs.

Swagger & Cesaro are a really good team and I honestly think they could be used much better overall. I think that the anti-immigration schtick has run its course, so barring a gimmick overhaul, I don't see them winning the titles.

The Prime Time Players have pretty much fallen off the face of the map over the course of the past several months. Unless things really pick back up for them over the course of WrestleMania season, it's just not gonna happen anytime soon.

There are a few options and I think it is a difficult question to answer. One would think a heel tag-team would defeat the Rhodes Family so The Real Americans, The Wyatt Family and Rybaxel are the main options.

I think Swagger, Cesaro and Coulter are fantastic. They are brilliant in the ring and Coulter is maybe in the top 5 on the mic currently employed by the WWE. I love the stable and I think they deserve a title reign. Harper and Rowan probably don't need the titles and I think it is better they stay away from the belts. There are other feuds and programs that can happen so I would give them the straps.

Rybaxel is another option. I think both their singles careers are on hold so giving them the tag-team titles will keep them occupied.

The Uso's winning the belts is something I would really enjoy. For example, at Wrestlemania in a multi-team match allowing the Rhodes to drop the belts without losing and The Uso's indirectly beating them. I think it would be a pretty good WM moment (perhaps involving Rikishi) as they are a pretty popular team.

I'm not quite sure on which team will take the belts of the Rhodes Family. The Ascension are perhaps a long-term option if they want Cody and Goldust to hold the belts until nearer the Summer. I'll probably say The Real Americans will be the next champs.

Something else they could do is give the titles to Bray Wyatt and Daniel Bryan. I think these two are teaming together on Raw so maybe they could win the belts and hold on for a few weeks before an internal split. That is an unlikely option that could work.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back