• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Who says chicks can't rock the metal?

It doesn't, but in no way does Flyleaf belong on the same continent, let alone the same room, as Nightwish, Arch Enemy, etc. with female fronted metal bands.

Screaming and gutteral vocals also take much more talent to apply successfully than basic singing.

Please, PLEASE explain your logic that screaming and gutteral vocals take more talent then SINGING. Anyone and their grandmother can scream. Singing actually takes this little thing called TALENT, especially doing it well.

I'm trying to like you IDR, but crap like that makes it harder. I enjoy all metal,but to claim screaming takes more talent then singing is asinine.

Please, PLEASE explain your logic that screaming and gutteral vocals take more talent then SINGING. Anyone and their grandmother can scream. Singing actually takes this little thing called TALENT, especially doing it well.

I'm trying to like you IDR, but crap like that makes it harder. I enjoy all metal,but to claim screaming takes more talent then singing is asinine.

He didn't say screaming takes more talent. He said it takes more talent to apply successfully. Which is correct. Like you said, anybody can scream. Cheers.

What logic? It's self-sustaining. I said screaming and gutteral vocals take more talent to apply successfully. I realize anyone and their grandmother can scream – doesn't mean anyone and their grandmother can make it sound good musically speaking, or more so that they can do so over a 45-minute set, or over decades worth of recordings.

Come on, Ech... take them to school...

It depends on what you like...

For hard rock, there's Kittie

[youtube]AhGUVYir_z0[/youtube]

For gothic metal, there's Nightwish

[youtube]wvzMkY8Zxng[/youtube]

For metalcore there's Walls of Jericho

[youtube]LFvoS9V-7ys[/youtube]

For Death Metal, there's Arch Enemy

[youtube]ZuoyXtpiviQ&feature=related[/youtube]

And for Black Metal, there's Astarte

[youtube]342PswzOwfM[/youtube]

... no more of this Flyleaf and Evanescence garbage

If your looking for some female orientated rock that isn't totally generic, here's Meg and Dia

[youtube]ZlQGgDE9NNk[/youtube]

What logic? It's self-sustaining. I said screaming and gutteral vocals take more talent to apply successfully. I realize anyone and their grandmother can scream – doesn't mean anyone and their grandmother can make it sound good musically speaking, or more so that they can do so over a 45-minute set, or over decades worth of recordings.

You really are being a tad bit bias here. I get that you like the screaming stuff, hell I do too, but your talking down singing is pretty pathetic and extremely incorrect.

1. As much as I enjoy it, there is nothing musical about screaming. The music comes from the guitar, drums, etc., not the vocalizing.
  2. A lot of people can sing, but it takes just as much talent to apply singing SUCCESSFULLY as it does screaming. What you said is sorta like comparing a Picasso to a 5 year old's finger-painting. The best of one thing is better then another things shit. Good singing is just as hard as good screaming.
  3. Yes, screaming for 45 minutes for decades is hard. I can't deny that. Singing for 45 minutes for decades is hard too. How many times do you hear about bands canceling tour shows because the SINGER can't go? Hint: it happens ALL THE TIME.
  4. How many singers have been able to scream for decades? Screaming to music isn't all that old, so I would guess not that many. That doesn't take talent, that takes luck. Luck that your voice doesn't give out from the beating they take.
Sorry, man, as a singer, I can't stand it when people think that screaming is harder, because it just flat out isn't.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back