• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Who is the safest wrestler? Most Dangerous Worker?

Like most I'd have to with bret hart as the safest, as for dangerous the vast majority of the divas, did anyone see Nikki Bella's arm bar on Paige at noc, that must have hurt!!!

Bret, Jericho, Undertaker, Big Show, HHH, etc. Those guys are pretty safe to work with.

I have no idea why anyone would ever agree to work with New Jack, Sandman, or Sabu. Brock is dangerous because he's Brock, but those guys were just horrible to work with.

Wasn't D.Lo's fault, blame the knob who threw the soda in the ring... poor guy had no chance once he slipped. That video is rightfully locked away, it's bad that stuff like Hayabusa and Misawa are out there... We don't need to see both Droz and D.Lo lose their as they knew it...I'm not a big fan of crippling injuries being "out there" for us to watch, but if it's televised I guess it goes with the territory.

The Barrett one was a big clusterf*** brawl... Show threw Ziggler over the top and he tries to be clever and hit the table full pelt... you can see him twist so Truth and Wade can't catch him... Show threw a little hard as well, but it's Zig's botch... his actions take Truth out of the catch, hitting him in the face with his legs and Wade has to take the whole thing to stop Zig basically being killed... you know Wade is hurt from the audible F bombs... and if he doesn't take that hit, Zig lands jaw first on that table full speed, necks don't work that way...

The night before at EC he was doing stupid bumps on the steel floor as well, it's fine to risk your own life but not other's... a snapped arm at the elbow can end a career and be disabling...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zq-rCwKGNuk

Swagger was to blame for Barrett's 2nd injury but only in that he threw a little too hard, just as Show did in the above spot... the irony of course is that both times the guys causing the injuries have directly benefitted from taking Barrett's push, so the guy would be forgiven for being a little pissed...

Wasn't D.Lo's fault, blame the knob who threw the soda in the ring...

No it wasn't. D'Lo said in a shoot interview that he and Droz out of respect have never looked at the tape and don't know what happened. But it wasn't a fan throwing anything into the ring.

[Youtube]KtJoY8wle8Q[/Youtube]

Right around 1:10 mark he mentions it.

I really never saw this so what match is it?

It was a battle royal on Raw. As soon as Ziggler hits you can see Wade go down in pain. You can tell it has to be kind of bad.

[Youtube]Xrqjdp_dnC8[/Youtube]

Hart, Michaels, Jericho, Flair, Kane -- You don't hear many stories of these guys hurting others. There's always the risk but from what I've heard, these guys were pros and always took care of whoever they were with.

When it comes to injuries, I always think of ECW. Guys like Awesome, Taz, RVD, and Sabu were putting themselves and others at huge risk.

The worst to my mind had to be guys like New Jack and Vic Grimes, whose stupidity in the ring is legendary.

I remember specifically on an episode of raw, Shelton Benjamin got legit KOed by HBK. Shelton launched himself in to the ring off the ropes and he was going headfirst at HBK when Shawn gave him the Sweet Chin Music forcing Benjamin to change directions mid-air.

Now one guy that I've heard several wrestlers say was very safe was Bam Bam Bigelow. They said you couldn't even feel his moonsault.

I've always heard Triple H was a really safe worker. Especially considering all the no holds barred and Hell in a Cell matches over the years. I know he had that pedigree fuck up when he was still really green but for the vast majority of his career he's never hurt anyone.

PS.
I thought it was hilarious earlier this year when Rob Van Damn retconned his windpipe crushing botch to Triple H into being an intentional in ring attack.

Bret Hart, Mr Perfect, Lance Storm were all safe to work with.

Ahmed Johnson, Ryback, Rick Steiner, RVD all clumsy/dangerous.

I'd guess Undertaker to be safe considering he's been allowed to use a tombstone piledriver all his career.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back