Who is the Greatest NWA World Champion of All Time?

I'm going to make myself really unpopular, but there was no such thing as an NWA world champion. Yeah, back in the day various promoters would decide on the champion and he would travel, but it was still a regional title as far as I'm concerned. The major cities all had their own promotions, and if you weren't recognized in New York, or Chicago, or LA, you're not even the US champ, let alone the world champ. I would have much rather been Bruno Sammartino ruling New York, than Harley Race or Ric Flair being the toast of the south. There was no such thing as a world champion until Vince went national and Hulkamania started.

I'm going to make myself really unpopular, but there was no such thing as an NWA world champion. Yeah, back in the day various promoters would decide on the champion and he would travel, but it was still a regional title as far as I'm concerned. The major cities all had their own promotions, and if you weren't recognized in New York, or Chicago, or LA, you're not even the US champ, let alone the world champ. I would have much rather been Bruno Sammartino ruling New York, than Harley Race or Ric Flair being the toast of the south. There was no such thing as a world champion until Vince went national and Hulkamania started.

Dude, what?

The NWA Championship was defended in countries like Japan, Puerto Rico, Mexico, various places throughout Europe, and even I believe in the Middle East. And yes, it was defended all over the United States as well. Not just the South, but the East, West, and Mid-West coast as well. How can you not consider a belt defended in all those places not the World Title? Those regional belts you mentioned didn't get defended outside of their regions, but the NWA Championship was indeed defended all over the World and United States. That's simply a fact.

Jack Brisco
he was only the second person to hold the title twice and both of his reigns lasted over a year he is widely considered as one of the best wrestlers ever(ask flair he'll tell you) and he defended his belt every night all across the world many of his matches went the full 60 minute time slot thats amazing he was a champions champion

To me, I narrow it down to Ric Flair and Harley Race. Both have won the NWA title numerous times, and both are 2 of the 3 superstars who put NWA on the map (the third superstar being Dusty Rhodes). I would have to say it's Harley Race. He had more expereince in NWA more than Flair.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back