• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Who Is The Best Intercontinental Champion of All Time?

Who Is The 'Best' Intercontinental Champion of All-Time

• Chris Jericho

• The Honky Tonk Man

• Pedro Morales

• Ultimate Warrior

• Jeff Jarrett

• Bret 'Hitman' Hart

• Randy Orton

• Chyna

• Randy 'Macho Man' Savage

• Other

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
From the list I'd say Pedro.

Others, Valentine, Santana, and Muraco. It just seemed that the title meant more when I was watching when these guys held the title. Plus the matches between Pedro-Muraco and Valentine-Santana always seemed so heated !

So many great posts here. Great thread btw. Anyway heres my choice, its the Hitman. Reason u ask? Of all the choices listed its the quality of unforgettable I.C. matches he put on as champ. Shawn comes close but comes short. Perfect wa great but again is a distant 2nd. Honky? please! Warrior? he wishes he had the ability...no he don't, he's talkin to his hands. Anyways, heres Bret's I.C. best of:

Hart/Perfect- SS91
Hart/HBK- ladder match(1st in wwe id ever seen)
Hart/Piper-WM8
Hart/Bulldog-SS92-best I.C. match of ALLTIME!!! ONLY I.C. MATCH TO EVER MAIN EVENT A PPV!!! THIS IS A HUGE POINT THAT HE IS THE GREATEST I.C. CHAMP!!!

I had 4 men in mind who I would consider the greatest IC champions of all time and none of them are on that poll.
I had 2 real requirements to consider for these 4. They either had to have elevated that title by putting on tremendous matches, which then lead them onto the WWE title or they were eternal IC champions and never rose any higher.

Shawn Michaels
He's be the only person considered who actually made the jump. This guy really brought prestige back to the IC belt (not on his own) through some fantastic matches and made people wonder whether the IC champion could beat the WWE champion.

Razor Ramone
You can't talk about HBK and the IC belt without mentioning Scott Hall and the ladder matches but this guy was having great matches before then against Hart, 1-2-3 Kid and Jarrett, establishing the new generation until HBK and Diesel joined the mix and took it to another level.

Mr Perfect
It's really a shame that he was maybe 5 years early and didn't get the main event push he would have got mid 90's. Instead he got stuck behind no talent roided punks like Hogan and Warrior because he wasn't as big.

Rick Rude
How in the blue hell did this guy never get the main event push? Rick Rude is awesome. He had everything you could look for in a heel. Pretty, great physique, outstanding arrogant mic work, tremendous ring work. I fecking hated him with a vengeance as a kid and that grew every time he won, which he did consistently.

I'm going to add a 5th on because thinking about Rick Rude reminded me of who I consider his mid 90's counterpart.

Goldust
Oh man, talk about being too good at your job. Dustin was so good at being the flamboyant, crazy and vicious Hollywood fan that he has been doomed to be stuck in that gimmick ever since, giving him absolutely no chance of ever getting out of the midcard, which is a terrible shame. Ironically his catchphrase "You'll never forget the name of Goldust" has become his curse. He never had his "Shawn Michaels" to have a rivalry or classic matches with but his potential was always obvious and even now, after numerous back problems, he's still one of the WWE's best workers.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back