• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Who do you WANT to win the 2011 Royal Rumble Match

The man who I've predicted to win is the man who I also want to win. Alberto Del Rio. At this point in time, I think Del Rio winning the Rumble would give him that final boost to becoming World Heavyweight Champion.

I'll be totally honest here. There isn't a guy in this Rumble match who I am really rooting for. Guys I would actually like to see win (Daniel Bryan, Trent Barreta, etc.) have absolutely no chance in hell.

I would love to see CM Punk win the Rumble, at some point, but not this year. I really don't want this Cena/Nexus thing to last another two months heading into Mania. I don't care about Cena, never have. HHH winning would be pretty cheap at this point. I don't think Del Rio or Morrison are even close to main eventing Mania.

Wade Barrett could win, and go on to use the Rumble stipulation to challege Taker at Mania. That's probably the victory I would favor most. I suppose Christian winning, turning heel, and going after Edge at Mania would be sweet, but I'm not sure he's even in there. Orton isn't in the Rumble (at least not as of now), so that's not happening.

I love the Rumble match, I just really don't have a "dog in the hunt," so to speak.

I really want to see John Morrison win the Royal Rumble and to go on to face the Miz at 27. He's definitely "ready" and I want to see him have the opportunity to prove it.

He's been around a while now. He's held tag team titles with different partners. He's held mid card titles, including the ECW belt. He's been heel and face, with or without eye candy on his arm. It is his time, or at least should be his opportunity to show if it is his time or not. Let's see the continued youth movement.

Unfortunately, I don't, in all honesty, see him winning tonight, despite the fact that I have predicted it elsewhere in other threads.

Just remember: You asked.

5) Rey Mysterio
4) Kevin Nash
3) John Morrison
2) Christian
1) Daniel Bryan

Easily Daniel Bryan. I love watching his matches and I love watching him talk. Same goes for CM Punk (although he actually has a chance).

5. Dolph Ziggler - The guy impressed me lately. I didn't think much of him, but he is a good wrestler and can even talk as I noticed last RAW. Vickie could sneak him into the Rumble.

4. Chris Jericho - A longshot, but it would be great if Y2J returns, Orton captures the title and we have an awesome revenge match, maybe even between two tweeners.

3. Christian - I'd mark out very hard if he returns and even harder if he wins and challenges Edge for the dream match.

2. John Morrison - He is a great performer, very over ATM and fought great matches lately. A match against the Miz would be epic.

1. Daniel Bryan - He'd make an excellent main event, no doubt, but he's not established enough and there are no real possibilities for storylines ATM. Just a fanboy wish, I guess the Bellas will lead to his elimination.

Least favorite choice: John Cena - Not that I have anything against him, but right now he's much more refreshing outside the title hunt and could have great matches with other guys. A Rumble win would set up the same story as every year - Cena overcomes the odds and leaves with a world title. We've seen that enough, give us something new.

Just looked at the list of the 34 announced. Do not really care if any of them win. Danielson might be interesting but isn't happening. Normally Punk would be interesting but doing it in a rumble turned into a faction war isn't how I would want to see him do it. If Batista came back and won that would be interesting. The plausible returners are not interesting winners either. Taker, HHH, TNA rejects not named Sting. Christian would be awesome though but I'd be pretty shocked if it happened. So I share the same opinion as nick except I realized a while ago that the magic of the rumble is gone once you get older and realize that anyone cannot win it and the quality of what happens usually isn't that great because of the limited options.

Normally Punk would be interesting but doing it in a rumble turned into a faction war isn't how I would want to see him do it. If Batista came back and won that would be interesting. The plausible returners are not interesting winners either. Taker, HHH, TNA rejects not named Sting. Christian would be awesome though but I'd be pretty shocked if it happened. So I share the same opinion as nick except I realized a while ago that the magic of the rumble is gone once you get older and realize that anyone cannot win it and the quality of what happens usually isn't that great because of the limited options.

I totally disagree about the "magic being gone." I still get just as into it today as I did 15-20 years ago.

However, the circumstances surrounding each potential winner, this year, has taken away from the experience. If Cena wins, it's expected. If Del Rio wins I'll probably throw something through my television. If Sheamus wins, I just won't care, same with Morrison. Christian, if he turns heel sometime soon, could be interesting, but we don't know if he's even going to be in the match. And as I said earlier, Barrett using a Rumble victory to challenge Taker could be pretty sweet.

It's unfortunate, but I view each potential winner as underwhelming, same with Edge last year. So I guess after really thinking about it, I'm hoping either Barrett or Christian win.

I must add that the Orton-mark in me wishes that he would get screwed during his match with Miz, and somehow jump into the Rumble match. Typical mark, I know.

I want Cena to win. We'll get our fair share of surprises with guest entrants (providing you didn't read the crap load of spoilers posted on the forums) and shocking eliminations, the WWE doesn't need to provide one nut busting shock at the end by having someone who doesn't deserve to main event Mania get the win. John Cena vs. The Miz at Mania is a match that I am dying to see, and I sincerely hope we get to see these two have a great title feud. I would like Cena to wrap up his feud with Punk and Nexus at Elimination Chamber, have Punk move onto Randy Orton, and let Cena and Miz make Wrestlemania shine with a great feud and match.

-The Rock, the Rock winning and headlining WM would be about the only thing I could see reigniting that spark of interest in wrestling again

-Sting, I would love for the buzzer to go of for the 40th entrant and the light s go out, everyone stops and to see who it is, but no one comes out, instead we see Sting descend from the rafters and proceed to dominate and win it all

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back