• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Who do you think the most underrated member of the Wu Tang Clan is?

Earlier today I had a conversation about Wu Tang with some people and all I kept hearing about were the RZA, the GZA, and Method Man. This got me to thinking... All of them are great at what they do, but.... Who do you think is the most underrated member of Wu Tang?

My pick is Inspectah Deck. He's rarely remembered or mentioned by people, but he is a great lyricist. He's in many ways very important, whether it be a bit part in a song or if he's the featured rapper... He's important because he has one great quality; he can keep the flow of the song alive.

Now, what are your thoughts?

Inspecta Deck by far. I truly think Deck is one of the most underrated rappers of all time, he's a top 5 lyricist in my book, has torn up too many tracks to count, and is a member of one of the most popular and influential rap groups of all time. But for some reason, a reason unknown to me, he continues to be relatively unpopular and isn't talked about often.

Yeah I thought Inspectah as soon as I read the title. His verse in "Da Mystery of Chessboxin" which is my favorite Wu song, is kickass. he has a good flow and some great lyrics.

Earlier today I had a conversation about Wu Tang with some people and all I kept hearing about were the RZA, the GZA, and Method Man. This got me to thinking... All of them are great at what they do, but.... Who do you think is the most underrated member of Wu Tang?

My pick is Inspectah Deck. He's rarely remembered or mentioned by people, but he is a great lyricist. He's in many ways very important, whether it be a bit part in a song or if he's the featured rapper... He's important because he has one great quality; he can keep the flow of the song alive.

Now, what are your thoughts?

I disagree with the fact that Deck isnt mentioned by people. In the hip hop community and among Wu heads, he is ALWAYS mentioned.

But my pick for the most underrated is Masta Killa. His monotone delivery and his flow is so smooth that it carries itself over almost every beat. His verses on 36 chambers were over looked for no good reason, and he shined on both of his solos Made in Brooklyn and No said date. Even his Rare mixtape of unreleased material is better than all of U-gods stuff (Sorry, hes one of nine Im not very fond of)

i think cappadonna was the most underated member of the wu-tang family, his verse on winter wars is one of the best i have ever heard, the guy almost always stole the show

Man, tough call. All of the members are great in different ways but some are indeed better known then others. I love Ghostface, Method, Rza, and ODB but because of their own personal mainstream success I think they should be eliminated from consideration. Gza and Raekwon are on the fence because they are known but aren't as large in the public eye as the aforementioned men. However, because of their own personal success I think they should be taken out as well.

That really only leaves four men left and one of which is my actual choice from the beginning. That member would be Inspectah Deck. Deck is an awesome member but for whatever reason has never been able to break through in the main stream. That isn't a bad thing considering he is still a terrific rapper and while he is far from my favorite WTC member I do think he is the most underrated member and the one who probably deserves the main stream success but hasn't gotten it. The dude is awesome on almost all of the tracks he does work on, regardless of if it is his own, someone else or a WTC song. So yeah, I would have to say Inspectah Deck is the most underrated member.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back